main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW EU Characters

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JediCouncilBoy4, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    Will we see any new EU characters. Like the Solo Kids, or Grand Admiral Thorn.

Also, a new 4" Max Rebo would be nice :)

2. jawamonkey

jawamonkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    you could always do like the other people do,make a petition and harass everyone to sign it for a new max rebo

3. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I doubt we'll be seeing any actual EU figures for a while now, beyond the Clone Wars items of course. Why? The movies just came out last year, so I'd expect to see mostly AOTC figures for the rest of the year. Most these figures are targeted towards kids, so they no doubt want figures of characters they see in the latest movie, not from books or comics they've never heard of. I'm sure we'll start seeing a wider variety of figures and possibly some EU figures in the next few years, but for now I'd expect mostly AOTC figures along with a few lines containing a few characters from the original trilogy.

Then again, there have been a few EU characters in recent Hasbro Fan Figure polls, so we might see one come from the next poll if enough people vote on it...

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    i agree (from the voice of a kid)
    event though i'm young , i still hate the lame action features. I want quality figure that I would be proud to display.

5. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    Are you saying that EU figs would be lame?

6. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    What is wrong with the old Max Rebo? He wears a diaper. I'd say that's about as detailed as a blue elephant man can get.

7. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    The first EU chracters weren't in any stores here so it won't matter to me.

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Hopefully EU characters will never get a toy line again after the Clone Wars line. We are still missing movie characters. EU people should not get figs over movie characters.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I respectfully disagree Niktos. I love the EU and I hope there will be more characters soon. Since the next movie won't be out for over 2 years, I hope Hasbro can spend a little time making a few EU characters. The last line went over quite well, and the EU character figures sell for 5 times their original price on ebay.

10. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I've got no problem with EU figures, but I doubt we'll see them for a good long time.

With the Clone Wars line replacing Saga Collection One for the foreseeable future, I just don't see there being enough room in the releases to fit them in.

I expect that the Collection Two figures to come for the next year and a half or so will be a pretty strong balance of OT & PT stuff as well, possibly even more toward the OT, since the Clone Wars stuff is sorta kinda PT.

11. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "...or Grand Admiral Thorn."

Pretty sure we won't be seeing that guy. [face_mischief] :p

But seriously, if you're talking about *Thrawn*... They already made him, sorry. :D

12. JediCouncilBoy4

Aug 20, 2001
    reasently have they made him?

O and B'omarr I never got the last Max Rebo, I really want it, so I want them just to make a new one. 4"

13. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    I want a 12 inch Mara Jade.

14. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "reasently have they made him? "

No but how many Thrawns are needed when we still need major movie characters?

15. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    what major movie characters do we still need?

16. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    No but how many Thrawns are needed when we still need major movie characters?

Let me ask you this: Which major movie characters? We've been getting major movie characters since 1977.

17. JediCouncilBoy4

Aug 20, 2001
    I never got Thwarn thatgs why I want him.

Have the solo kids ever been made?

18. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    We still don't have Bail Organa, General Carlist Rieekan, Admiral Ozzel, General Crix Madine, Captain Needa, General Veers, and maybe a few others that are major movie characters in my opinion. They all have multiple lines and are in major scenes.

19. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Durge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/03/img/durge_spotlight_bg.jpg]

I am now in love with Durge :cool: LOL :p

20. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    We still don't have Bail Organa, General Carlist Rieekan, Admiral Ozzel, General Crix Madine, Captain Needa, General Veers, and maybe a few others that are major movie characters in my opinion. They all have multiple lines and are in major scenes.

Well, if you want to go on "lines" and "scenes", there are dozens of EU characters have played more of a role than any of those characters.
    Besides, which do you think would sell better - an Admiral Ozzel figure... or a Corran Horn figure? Or a Jaina Solo figure? I already know the answer to both of those questions.

21. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    As for Bail...wait till EpIII.

22. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "what major movie characters do we still need?"

Beru and Owen from AOTC and Cliegg.

23. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    ..but why? They each had like... 2 lines apiece. And Beru had zero, as I recall. What could they possibly do? If you honestly think a Beru figure would sell better than a Ysanne Isard or Nom Anor figure, then I think you've got another thing coming.

24. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I would like to know what this "other thing coming" is that I have. Is it a box of Boo Berry? I love that stuff.

But yes, I'd rather see a Cliegg Lars figure than an EU character will a zillion apostrophes in his name. ;)

(And don't point out the irony that I have an apostrophe in my username, because that is irony I've already taken note of)

25. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, ASIDE from a box of Boo Berry, you'd have a shocking surprise coming. ;)

I mean, seriously. A Cliegg Lars figure... or Kir Kanos. Yet another Anakin or Luke figure... or a Noghri. A Veers figure (which I WOULD buy, for the record)... or a Garik 'Face' Loran figure. EU figures would sell better than any of those would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.