main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW EU Characters

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JediCouncilBoy4, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I mean, seriously. A Cliegg Lars figure... or Kir Kanos. Yet another Anakin or Luke figure... or a Noghri. A Veers figure (which I WOULD buy, for the record)... or a Garik 'Face' Loran figure. EU figures would sell better than any of those would.

From that selection I'll have a Cliegg Lars, Noghri and general Veers, thanks.

2. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Of course people would buy the "obscure-no-line-movie" characters -- there are still completists, and there are still people who do actually like those characters (like I said, I'd get a Veers figure myself). But I can't see the point in rehashing characters we already have figures for, or craking out figures for obscure characters (I mean, I look at the next series of figures for 2003, and I see the Jedi three-pack. That's beyond obscure. Hell, I doubt those Jedi were even in the film, let alone on-screen for more than 12 frames) when we could get characters based off of best-selling books, comics, and video games.

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I definitly agree with the making of EU characters, and I am also in total agreeance that we dont need to keep seeing the same figures over and over. I mean really we have like at least 20 different Luke Skywalkers. I personally would like to see some New Jedi Order figures.

4. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Starting up a debate on the merits of "EU figures" vs. "major movie character figures" will only result in a quasi-"canon-debate"; with people arguing over the importance (or lack thereof) of the EU in the grand scheme of SW fandom.

Personally, I'm all for a few EU figs, but I definitely agree that all the movie characters should have top priority. Where the hell is my Poggle The Lesser?!? And a new Lobot is way overdue. I think we could also use a decent Wedge figure. That'd probably please the EU-heads, too. :)

Oh, and by the way, Beru did have one line in Clones: "Hello." :)

5. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Where the hell is my Poggle The Lesser?!?

Check out the new "War Room" three-pack. :)

Also, I'm very happy with the Wedge that came in the Pilots three-pack a few years back.

What I DO want is another pilots three pack (maybe a Hoth Snowspeeder pack) with Hobbie, Wes Janson, and Zev Senesca.

6. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Right now, with the movies still in full swing, we're going to see just movie figs, like it or not. Personally, I would really like to see more EU figs, as long as they look like they fit. A lot of the last bunch looked way out of the universe, they didn't quite fit for some reason. Hopefully, after Ep3 calms down a bit, we'll get some NJO figs, and others. I'd really like to be able to visualize what a Yuuzhan Vong looks like, and a figure would help that a lot. And more Jedi!!! I'm in the camp that wants both, EU and obscure movie background characters. Hey, the more the merrier, right?

7. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    We are getting some EU characters! Like Durge and that Dark Jedi chick! But I do want a Kyle Katarn fig, Jacen Solo, Jania Solo, Jag Fel, Tahiri Veila, Anakin Solo, Thrawn, Nom Anor, and whatever else they can make!

8. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    But I do want a Kyle Katarn fig

Well, there IS a Kyle Katarn figure. I happen to own one. :D

[image=http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_3a1ec11242a4e5e2feefbe2acd765d62/i-1.JPG]

9. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I already know about that fig! He doesn't have a Lightsaber though.

10. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, that's because the figure is based on the original 'Dark Forces' video game, in which he wasn't a Jedi.

(However, despite this, the figure in question DID come out after Dark Forces: Jedi Knight came out, and the figure DOES look like Kyle from Jedi Knight, and it DOES come with a Rail Detonator weapon, which was in Jedi Knight, but not in the original Dark Forces. Go figure).

11. JediDuffman

JediDuffman Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2003
    EU character would out sell any of the movie toys any day. Corran Horn, any Solo kid, or anyone from the EU could out sell Gen. Veers or Bail Organa. Unleashed EU characters would be spectacular.

12. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    See? I knew someone else would see it my way. :D

13. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey Syntax, maybe we could make room here for some other people to share their ideas. Ya know, maybe go outside or something.... get some fresh air? You're kinda bein' a dominator; no offense.... :)

14. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Oh, no need to worry about me - I'm yet to tell anyone that their idea is "wrong", or "bad", or "not allowed", now, am I? People can post whatever they like. This IS an open forum, and people ARE entitled to their own opinions.

15. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    I would love the Solo kids, but I agree EU would sell out! THe not as know characters always do. All you saw left on the shelf from PM was Qui GOns, Jar Jar's, and Obi Wans. I never even found sio bibble or R2 Bi.

16. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    THe not as know characters always do.

No offense, but what did you mean by that? I wasn't sure what you were saying.

17. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    He obviously forgot an 'n' and was saying that less known characters sell better. This may or may not be true...

18. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    EU figs I want:

A Noghri
    Guri
    Corran Horn
    Desann from Jedi Outcast
    Nom Anor
    A Yuuzhan Vong warrior
    Joruus C'baoth
    A Kyle Katarn that actually looks like Kyle Katarn from the games [face_plain]

19. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I want EU figures from the Jedi Apprentice series. Xanatos would be an AWESOME figure!

I don't see why we would have to pick movie character over EU characters (or vice versa). I don't think it'd be that hard to give us both. All they'd have to do is cut down the number of Jango Fetts, Anakins (Skywalker, duh :p ), and Arena Battle Padmes.

20. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I personally wouldn't mind a Cliegg Lars figure, or a Lars Family pack.

21. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    I think Darth Bane would be cool too!

22. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    A Kyle Katarn that actually looks like Kyle Katarn from the games

I happen to think that the Kyle figure we got actually DOES look like him.... but from "Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight", and not from the original Dark Forces game. :)

23. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    And it would be great if they could give us a Jan Ors fig, as the counterpart to the Kyle Katarn.

24. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "If you honestly think a Beru figure would sell better than a Ysanne Isard or Nom Anor figure, then I think you've got another thing coming. "

Well I disagree since Beru was in a movie and I have no idea who Ysanne and Nom Anor are.

But since I read comics I'd welcome a Vos or Tholme figure anyday. But still I'd want new movie figures first.

25. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, based on looks alone, I'm sure a Nom Anor and Ysanne Isard figure would sell, over a Beru Whitesun figure (always remember to factor in the "cool-looking" factor -- that's why the Clone Wars "Durge" figure is gonna fly off the shelves, and why lots of people like Boba Fett).
    For the record Ysanne Isard is the main villain in the X-wing novels written by Michael Stackpole, and she makes an appearance in a few of the "X-wing Rogue Squadron" comics (she's in 'Masquerade', and perhaps one other arc).
    Nom Anor is one of the chief villains from the current book series, the New Jedi Order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.