New EU Community Mod?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JediStryker, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Many of us in the EUC feel that we could really benefit from having another Mod helping DarthAttorney. We all like DA a lot, and he does a good job, but there is always something going on, and it doesn't seem like he is there very often.

There is a general concensus on the board that we would all prefer someone who is familiar in the EUC (ie a veteran poster there).

We haven't nominated anyone, nor do we plan to. Whomever you decide would be right for the job will be accepted graciously. As I indicated, our only request would be that he/she be someone familiar with and friendly to the EUC.

Thank you for your consideration,

JediStryker
  2. Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Only mods can choose new mods. A census will most likely be closed, as the mods do not like it when people start nominating people.

3. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Which is why Stryker specifically said "We're not nominating anyone, nor do we plan to". This thread is addressing the need for a new mod in EUC, and it's a legitimate concern I think. So yeah, I'll agree with the statement. Not that DA doesn't do a fine job, but he just doesn't seem to be around much....

JMA
  4. Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Like I said(And it says this in the JC Comms FAQ as well)

"How do I become an administrator?

The forum administrators are selected by invitation only, either by TheForce.Net staff or other administrators. Please do not ask to become an administrator, as this has been previously tried before and does not have any positive results for a member. Also, it takes up valuable space on the first page of the forum.

It also says that asking for others to become a moderator is disallowed as well. So unless DarthAttorney decides that he really does need another moderator, one won't be choosen.
  5. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6

Jeez, they're just saying they feel another mod would be useful for their forum. Where's the harm in that? It's not as if they're screaming "MAEK ME A ADMIN!111!"

6. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Iwishiwasajedi, requests of this nature have been made before and have been approved. I am not nominating any individuals to become a mod, simply that an additional mod be created for the EUC, which really could use one.

JMA and I have been here for a little while, and know the ropes pretty well. I thank you for your concern, but please allow the admins/mods to respond.

JS
  7. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Griff stop this blatent 'Maek me a mod' campaign of yours!

This really is only a request for more coverage. The coverage may come from other current mods or a new mod, but a request for more coverage isn't wrong.
  8. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here here, free farraday!
  9. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Iwishiwasajedi, this is just a request for another mod in EUC, as it has been said.

We are specifically refraining from nominating anyone, because we KNOW that it achieves NOTHING.

We, as the EUC patrons, believe that another mod in EUC won't hurt at all - will actually do the opposite, and benefit us all.

10. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember the way back days when farraday used to spam and spam....

+1 and applesauce for everyone!

:D

11. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've started a thread on the issue in the Mod Squad.
  12. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Much appreciated, Gandolf. :)
  13. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
  14. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    farraday did not spam. He had alot of ham and cheez, though. He was just blabby, not a spammer. :D :D :D
  15. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yes, it is most appreciated. All of us over at EUC are very glad that the mods are listening to our request and taking it seriously. :)
  16. Red_Oktobur Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I.... well, that is... um...

I was about to go around, openly flaming, verbally abusing and critiquing EVERYONE, but hey! I love everyone! Let's put violence in the Happy Box (tm). World Peace!

Now, about the topic.... :p

I don't see what was wrong with Stryker asking for consideration of a new mod. Iwish, no offense, but [bad pun] Iwish you hadn't said that[/bad pun] . :p
  17. Balance_Point Jedi Master

star 4
    Just adding my support for a new mod in EUC, though it seems the campaign is already well underway. Thanks a lot, Gandolf. [EDIT: And Liz!] :)
  18. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Liz: Mine would have been first, but I choose to take the time to write out a fair sized post about why I thought we needed a new mod, rather than just pointing out this thread and asking what now. :p
  19. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And the battle of the Mod vs Mod locks begins....

¤Night
  20. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    The EUC strikes again. :p I'm all for a new mod. It would be nice to see a new mod in the EUC, right now we just see tumbleweeds. :p
  21. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    In the meantime, remember that DA and I are both EUC mods, and happy to help.
  22. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    After a brief discussion, we have had a volunteer step forward in the form of one Sturm Antilles to help out in EUC.

This brings the total of active mods in EUC to 3. If, in a month or two, everyone still sees a lack of coverage in there we'll consider the possibility of promoting a new moderator.

As it stands, the mod team for EUC is:

* DarthAttorney
    * Gandolf The Grey
    * Sturm Antilles

Feel free to contact any of us at any time with question or comment.

:)
  23. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, the three best mods in the JC, all at the EUC. Could we ask for anything more?

<suddenly, a ban screen appears>

What did I say?

;)
  24. slaveone_2 Force Ghost

star 5
  25. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    DA-

Since you guys are all quality mods I have confidence that things will run smoothly. Should things overwhelm Sturm and Gandolf however, I would ask that you please not hesitate to assign another mod if one is truly needed.

Congrats Sturm, on the addition of another forum! :)

JMA
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.