main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New EU: What do you want to be Re-canonized?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DreamingGod, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Why are you all talking about Menee Bothans, super spy, as if he's an entire species of people? :confused:

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Cori

Cori Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2012
    I want the Nine Corellian Hells to be recanonized.

masterskywalker likes this.
  3. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Thank you very much. ^^

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    I would fight somebody in the streets with a turnip to get Zayne, Jarael, and Gryph back written by JJM.

I'd even settle for just an offhand reference of Rogue Moon existing and being founded by an ex Jedi. It could even be used in Rebels as one of the ways the Rebellion communicated between cells and smuggled Imperial fugitives

5. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Heck, just give me a Goodvalors.

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Only if JJM writes it.

whiskers and spicer like this.
  7. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    They need to recanonize Kyle Katarn. The guy was a gaming FPS icon long before Master Chief of Halo or Gordon Freeman of Half-Life were even around. Reboot him for the Disney continuity if they need to, or maybe they could have a "broad-strokes" loose sequel to the series, with the any details regarding 'Jedi Outcast' and 'Jedi Academy' intentionally vague so as not to disrupt Luke's new post-ROTJ canon.

EECHUUTA, ScorpionJedi and whiskers like this.
  8. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    As much of pre Ruussan formation as possible, i generally always had an interest for the old Republic. I don't think Disney has any intention to explore this timespan unless they intend to completely change how the Sith came to be. Their origins, and that of the Jedi and Mandalorians made sense.

Black sun as the organization they were portrayed in SotE, these guys built a vast underworld imperium.

9. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    They should recanonize Ancient Order of Pessimists. Those guys were awesome...

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    ReCanonize the infinite Empire or anything to do with KOTOR 1 & 2.

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Nom von Anor and Darth_Duck like this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Nooooooo!!!!!!! The hyperspace aliens are Duros!

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Does euros contradict Cad Bane.

AnakinColodin likes this.
  14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Anything/everything to do with KOTOR obviously. Also:

-The Great Hyperspace War.
    -Grand Admiral Thrawn.
    -Mara Jade.

15. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Technology as absurdly, magically advanced as hyperdrives should only come from the Celestials.

On a related note, I'd prefer the Infinite Empire to have been a True Sith Empire.

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I want everything recanonized except Dark Empire.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What's absurdly, magically, advanced about hyperdrives?

18. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Conservation of energy. Destruction of unitary. FTL signalling and stable time-like loops, and all the problems they bring. That's just why any FTL anything is absurd and magical, given contemporary knowledge of quantum field theory (the relativistic 'version' of quantum mechanics).

Even if FTL is in the realm of the possible, and a civilisation of beings more advanced than us to the same degree that we are beyond chimps created FTL technology, this wouldn't be a hyperdrive, because hyperspace is fanciful fiction without even any grounding in the incredibly hypothetical and unlikely (unlike, for example, warp drives). In other words, hyperdrives and hyperspace falls under the same category as Pinocchio as something entirely fictitious, magical and downright impossible; even submitting an omnipotent (in the only meaningful definition of omnipotent) power or powers could realise something so decoupled from reality is very generous, so it takes a whole lot of suspension of disbelief on my part to think that even Celestials, who were not omnipotent, created hyperspace and hyperdrives, let alone Rakata or Duros.

Incidentally, it's always been something of a pet peeve of mine, because pretty much everything in the Star Wars galaxy is in the realm of the hypothetically possible given sufficiently advanced superintelligences and technology (even the Force, through nanotech foglets and the like), but hyperspace means that the only way for the universe to be real is if all of the galaxy's inhabitants were in a simulation... and unfortunately the Bedlam Spirits and Orb of Passage imply self-consistent time travel, which isn't Turing computable, so the Star Wars universe couldn't even be simulated...

19. DavraCahan

DavraCahan Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 3, 2013
    As far as re-canonization, somewhere, sometime, Han Solo needs to tell someone to "Kiss my Wookiee!" before firing a concussion missile down their throat. Doesn't have to be Zsinj, but someone... ;)

20. Madsci73915

Madsci73915 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2014
    Have they already started to "soft recannonize" characters? For example, is the new female partner that Leia has in her new comic miniseries going to become, in effect, Winter? Just with a different back story.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't think so - no hints of her having a perfect memory, for example.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Evaan's been in one issue of a comic so far. It's really hard to say what kind of character she'll be.

23. Darth Vindicaa

Darth Vindicaa Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 11, 2015
    Most of the characters from the FotJ series. Maybe Thrawn or Yaru Korsin could fit in there somewhere....?

24. YoungBossk

YoungBossk Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    . Darth Bane Trilogy
    . Darth Plagueis

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well Bane is back in Canon so ya and the book Darth Plaguise has so much recognized Canon its reticules.