New events for anyone interested--I need a little help from my friends, please.

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by ChaseKeJac, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    HI guys,
    I would like to invite any members of any group to help with 3 upcoming events.
    June 2-Garland Co. Library Hot Springs Another event to kick off their summer kids drive.

June 16 -- Searcy Library Another good event. They're really excited about it and want as amny people to show up as they can get for their summer program.

Little Rock libraries--TBA will be in late June and early July. They want the same thing.

I would really like any help on these events as the kids really look forward to these.
    Thanks,
    Chad
  2. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I might be able to attend (juz ensure there's directions on how to get to these locations) :)

(edit: as long as they are on a weekend, I'll be only able to make those trips cuz I work from 7am - 4pm Mon-Fri)
  3. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We cant make the June 2nd one. We will still be on vacation from C4. We arnt supposed to be back till that Sun. or late Sat.. But the others we will try to make Tre' and I are still upset we missed the last one. Course I think we'll let Julia drive this time, it might be safer.
    Keep us informed.
  4. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So long as the schedule permits...I'll probably be there...
  5. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm scheduling ALL events on Sat.s because that's typically the best day for everyone.
    June 16 (SAT) 11-1 at the Searcy Library is the official time and date.
    It'll be a very informal Q & A with the kids and anyone who'd like to bring a prop or anything to display or talk about is more than welcome to it. They're very, very excited about.
    I would appreciate it if anyone could talk or help lead the kids thru pics for about 30 minutes near the end so I can change into my new costume.
    The following groups have been listed to participate. 327th, Arkanstih, and 501st. If theres anyone I've forgotten, please let me know ASAP.
    Thanks everyone!
    Chad
  6. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You could mention Rebel Legion and/or Jedi Assembly if you like (since I'm now a member Jedi Assembly and w/in a week I'll be Rebel Legion)

Don't forget to provide directions on how to get to the destinations (is the Searcy Library on Race Street? Or another?) so we can get there :)
  7. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yep...what Kynstar said.

I've been alone in JA and Rebel Legion for quite sometime now.

Kyn's finally got her stuff submitted and we have several others in state that will be submitting soon.

Bacon
  8. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll make sure every member who is representing a group gets proper promotion.
  9. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Chase:

Just a word of caution up front...

Many folks will be coming off of C4 the previous weekend (or may not even be back yet...)

And there is another event (I think) for Relay for Life in Searcy that may have some of the 501st tied up.

I know you believe in going ahead full speed with events.... But, I just wanted you to know that there are conflicts with
    that weekend that involve prior commitments...

Good Luck with it! I may or may not be able to make it... Just depends on how C4 goes.

Looking forward to it if I can make it!

later

[face_pig]
  10. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    If anyone can or can't make it, it's ok. These events are not for me or my group, they're for the kids of the community. It doesn't matter if no one from a certain group isn't able to make it or everyone from another group can. The main thing is the kids are going enjoy and appreciate the event and anyone who makes it.
    I know not everyone can swing C4 for one reason or another and some may be tied up with 501st things during those dates, the events I've scheduled just have open invitations for anyone of any group who would like to attend and help entertain and inform children about Star Wars.
  11. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just didn't want you to be blindsided.

I plan on making it... Heck... Might even bring my kids???

Of course, the library might not be standing if I did that? (Just kidding)

See ya in June (hopefully)

[face_pig]
  12. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    the boys and i will be there. josh still talks about being emperor. he has had a god complex ever since...
  13. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'm kinda out-of-luck on these Sat. events.:_|
  14. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    We will have another one for the library(s) in the Little Rock area, I'm just waiting to hear back from them on dates they want us to be there.
  15. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    I could really use help from anyone for the Searcy event. For those of you who know or may not, I had a small accident and have a brain injury that causes some small problems like headaches, memory loss, and blacking out. Driving wasn't a big problem until last week when I blacked out and wrecked my wifes Blazer.
    So needless to say, I've been put on driving restrictions which means I won't be able to head up the event June 16 (SAT.) in Searcy, at their library.
    Anyone willing to dress up and/or talk to kids about Star Wars and answer their questions will be welcomed with open arms. They're really looking forward to it and it's being billed as an Arkansith/327th/501st/Rebel Legion event focused on the Arkansas members of the group.
    If anyone is interested in doing this for me and the kids and fans in Searcy, please let me know ASAP and I'll forward the contact info to you.
    Thanks everyone!
    Sincerely,
    Chad
  16. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I've taken this over for Chase...

Look for updates as the event comes closer.

This would be the June 16th event.

17. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks again! I love you guys!
  18. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chase man that sucks!! I so hope you get to feeling better and that those affects aren't permenant!! [:D]

Wanting to attend, but still need to know where exactly it is :) is it on Race Street?

edit: My step mum told me it's a street over from Race (on Pleasure) ironic [face_laugh]
  19. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    HI everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone was going to be able to make the June 2nd (Sat.) event here in Hot Springs. There's alot of kids as usual, excited about it and Tiffany (library chick) was just wondering who we could say was going to be there.
    Thanks everyone,
    Chad--Chase Ke Jac---Drago
  20. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It really depends on how well recovered I am from C4... And from Relay for Life.

That is the conflict I mentioned before. It's a Friday evening event, but it's also going on on Saturday... So, most of the
    501st people had already committed to that one....

You might check with Melton (there in Hot Springs) so you can get at least one trooper there????

I don't know if he's doing relay or not?

I'll know more next week when I get back from C4...
  21. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    hey the boys and i will be there june 2. i will try and put together an emperor outfit for josh. we cant come to the june 16 one. my nephew is getting married that weekend. he was the ringbearer in my wedding. yes. his dad, my uncle is four years older than me and my mom is 18 years older than him. no c4 for us.
  22. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would love to help if possible. I'm not a costumer (at least not yet) but would still like to help. Let me know the times of the planned events. I may or may not be able to show up due to my work schedule, but if I know the times, I might be able to plan around work.

Thanks,
    -Scott
  23. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, a new face in the crowd... Hello there, and welcome to our little corner of the galaxy. It may not be the flashiest, the ritziest, or the coolest, but it sure beats Tatooine! *lol* Anyway, glad to see you here and hope you enjoy it.
  24. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone who wants to come and just help will be more than welcome. The event stuff is at the top of the thread and I hope to see lots of people there. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Don't forget Hyperspace is now heading up the Searcy event (thanks again!) and they're lloking forward to it.
  25. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the kind words. Glad to be here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.