main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA New Everett WA FanForce Members Check in Here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Everett Washington Fanforce forum. The Everett WA fanforce emcompasses the areas of Everett and all points North and East. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

Let me start off: My name is Linda, I live in San Diego, and I am the Regional Support Administrator (RSA) for the Pacific Region of FanForce. The Pacific Region encompasses California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii. I am 37 and the mother of three children, Leia is 14, Lauren is 11, and Collin is 8. I collect anything and everything with the name Star Wars on it, pictures of my collection can be seen in my Bio. I have also read each and every Star Wars adult novel, and some of the comic books. I also have built/converted a few lightsabers, and currently have both Jedi Robes, a Royal Guard Costume, and two sets of stormtrooper armor. I am also currently working on a Boba Fett costume and X-Wing pilot costume. After that I'll be doing an Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, and Mara Jade of course. Other than Star Wars I am interested in Nelson DeMille Novels, Computers, traveling, and flying planes. I have been a fan of Star Wars since opening day back in May of 1977 at the age of 11.

Your turn!

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Name: Paulie

SW Related Interests: I'm a fan fiction writer and collector of Star Wars goodies. Also, co founder of th MROSW.

Non-SW Related Interests:
    Arist, gear head and a myriad of other things!

How did you get started on SW

Classic OT geek!! But SW kind of faded into the background until Clones came out...

Special editions *Pukey Smiley* :p

3. JasonHunter

JasonHunter Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    Name: Chris

Location: Marysville (insignificant little fishing village a stone's throw north of Everett)

SW Related Interests: I've read a great deal of the novels, ranging around 40 of them or so. I've also written various fanfics, using my own characters and that of others that I've come to know in my time in the Emperor's Hammer and Dark Brotherhood...uh...yeah...oh, I also highly enjoy playing the computer games, ranging from the early days of X-wing on up to now-a-days, with JKII.

Non-SW Related Interests: Anime. I'm totally hooked on the stuff. I see something that looks even remotely anime-styled, I go "Oooo...anime!" I'm completely hooked on Dragonball Z, which is the perhaps the single largest inspiration in my style of drawing and fighting..but, I also like a lot of the other animes out there, like Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Rurouni Kenshin...just about anything that's been on Toonami(which the exception of Hamtaro, Big O, and any non-anime that they've shown..*shudder*) or in Shonen Jump.

Oh, and I'm also taking Kung Fu at the moment...so, yeah..

How did you get started on SW: I first got into Star Wars when I read 'Wraith Squadron' almost...8 year ago now. At first, I had no idea what was going on, but as I started reading the rest of the X-wing series, I got totally hooked, and I havn't stopped yet. Now, don't get me wrong, I've always liked Star Wars, I've just never been a fantic about it until just recently.

4. Lovely_Leia

Lovely_Leia Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Name: Cate

SW Related Interests: The Movies, of course. I like to collect the 12 inch action figures. I also like the Padme paper dolls. I am just getting into costuming

Non-SW Related Interests: Well, I like everything that is in the sci-fi genre. I am also a Dr. Who fan and collect dalek and Dr who action figures. I love to read sci fi, my most favorite authors being Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury and Frank Herbert. I write sci fi and fantasy, but have yet to finish a story, but someday???
    I also enjoy going out with my friends out dancing or doing karaoke
    And Traveling

How did you get started on SW: I have been a fan since the movies came out in 1977 and my Dad took me and my sibs to see A New Hope

5. garethvk

garethvk Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Gareth

Lynnwood,

Main interest is covering events and doing interviews and film reviews. I also like to setup events and talk at cons as an extension of my media work.

6. erichcs

erichcs Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    I live in south Everett,have been a fan of Star Wars since I saw A New Hope at a local drive in theater 5 times.

I am 35 years old,have all of the Star Wars novels released so far,enjoy reading and collecting the Star Wars Darkhorse comics as well.

Main Interest :
    Looking for other Star Wars fans interested in tabletop action role playing with the Star Wars Wizards of the Coast D20 game system.

Please send me a private message reply for more information and I will get back to you.

7. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Name: Marlow

Location: Issaquah, but its easier to get to Everett than Seattle or points south on a week-night.

SW related interests: I'm a collector of some of the toys, but not one of the obsessive ones. I've read a lot of the books.

Non-SW related interests: I'm also a big Dr. Who and Star Trek fan. I collect dragons, Dr. Who stufff espically the books. Costuming, but haven't yet done a offical SW costume. Hope to do one soon. I also go to a lot of sci-fi conventions and if you want to know about any of them I go to all the local ones.

How I got started on SW: I saw A New Hope at the movies when it first came out. I've loved Star Wars ever since.

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Name: Cheryl
    SW Related Interests: I love the OT, Luke is my favorite character. I like to read fanfic and I aslo write it.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Camping, baking, Awana leader, volunteering for school activities.
    How did you get started on SW: I've always enjoyed the movies, then I found books. I got really hooked when I found all the SW stuff on the internet.

9. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Name: Alfredo

SW interests: The movies, of course. It's hard to be a fan and not like them! The gear is cool, too!

Non-SW interests: I love just about any kind of scifi, fantasy, and horror that is out there. But mostly I'm an artist. If I can see or envision it, I can usually build it. Assuming that I have all the tools and materials required. I'm also a full-time vidiot and insomniac. Which means that I really have to watch out late at night. I have the kind of attention span that infomercials crave! It was depressing to discover that I could actually waste an entire night watching Ron Popeil rave about the virtues of his latest Frankenstein-creation. And to think, that time could have been better spent drinking beer till I pucked. Live and learn, I guess.

Bio: Until recently, I was the Technical Director (fancy title for theatre carpenter/head monkey-boy) at a playhouse in Spokane. Being an artist came in handy there. Learning the discipline of practicality from being a carpenter for nine years has become usefull. And though I live in Spokane, I wound up getting a job remodelling a house here in Everitt. Long boring story there that concludes with a pay check that, though smaller than I deserve, is just enough to keep me coming back for more. Anybody else ever feel like a whore?

When I was a kid (I couldn't tell you how old. My childhood memories are very fragmented. My memories from last week are fairly fragmented....) I was a huge Star Wars fan. Tons of action figures, bedsheets, the works. Then it got overshadowed by D&D. Then, I just don't know. And then (dramatic pause) The Phantom Menace came out. I still kept it low-key. I only went to my first (ever) science fiction convention in 2000.

Some months ago, some friends of mine approached me about building them some lightsabers for a fan film that they want to make. I was dubious about my ability to make a nice saber, but I told them I'd see about it. Two months ago I finished a modified Vader that looks pretty good. I can't seem to stop now. Luckily, I don't have a lot of spare time (or access to everything that I need) or I'd probably have twenty of the damned things by now!

Interestingly enough, I do believe in the Force. And it obviously is with me, from time to time. Like me, it is tempermental.

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Welcome welcome!

I hope you'll cruise our board and come to the get together tommorow!

11. DarthOtter

DarthOtter Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2002
    Name: Steve

Location: I actually live in Oklahoma City right now, but I am moving back to the area here in a month or so. I will probably end up living in either Mountlake Terrace or Lynnwood.

SW Related Interests: I like watching the movies of course, reading the comic books and playing the RPG.

Non-SW Related Interests:
    Music, I have played either bass or guitar (mostly bass) in bands since about 1990.

How did you get started on SW:
    Started out just liking the movies, than a friend of mine who I was in a band with got me more heavily into it through the RPGs he used to run.

12. POLARIUS

POLARIUS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Name-Tom
    age 18
    city-Tacoma i know its south of everett but the seattle chapter is a little weird for my taste
    SW interests- Collecting action figures and cards
    non SW interests- Airsoft, military history, tactics
    and reading.
    Hello my name is Tom as stated before and i got hooked on the trilogy when it was released in 1995 or so but since then i have been a loyal fan. Fovourite character is Han Solo because he is such a badass but yeah thats me in nutshell

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello Tom!

Welcome welcome! We have monthly meetings up in Everett at Godfathers and are planning another 'game night' very soon! Keep watching this space!

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Paulie and all,

I just wanted to bring this post on the Seattle board to your attention:

http://boards.theforce.net/Seattle,_WA/b10058/16324966/?0

A young man from Vienna Austria will be on vacation in Seattle soon and wanted to meet up with some Star Wars fans while there.

15. nlx3647

nlx3647 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2004
    Name: Marty
    SW related interest: I love the movies, I read most of the novels and I'm collecting the SW comics now. I played most of the SW PC games since X-Wing, including the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. Here I have a character that I hope to further explore through a local RPG group. I bought several SW RPG books, which are very interesting to read. Lots of info.

Non-SW related interests: I'm a bassplayer, used to play metal, but mellowed out a bit to the Progressive Rock genre. I also arrange musicparts. I'm also a system administrator for NT/2000 and Linux, and specialized in integrating these two.

How did I get started on SW: right after the first movie came out, I bought a few toys, but never got into Star Wars, until the movies came out on video and a friend bought them. Watched all 3 of them and became a huge fan at that moment. The spirituality of the Jedi really speaks to me.

Marty

16. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Welcome Marty!
    I see you already found our regular meeting thread. we hope to see you there!
    Don't be shy, if you have pics of conventions and costuming stuff you've been to or pics of your Star Wars collections, bring 'em along, we love to look at pics!

17. cycojedi

cycojedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Ernie Fortenberry
    im 900 years old....AND I LOOK GREAT..:D
    im located in south tacoma...(help me obi-wan) along with the infamous SUNSHINE GIRL
    i love all things SW...cept for flipping dolphins...their all look at me im a stupid....wait....oops wrong movie. I got a nice lil lego collection going on. I plan on making a movie with them
    I play guitar and just started playing piano.. and i have a Imac...thats right...Imac baby..WOOHOO...i go to school at devry in fed way where its my forth term and im holding down a B grade so far...its gonna get hot this weekend..Also im a HUGE SOCOM II player. any of you out there?..also if you dont have a PS2 get one for Star Wars Battlefront...ITs gonna rock Oh and check out my dvd's. YEA BABY!! Im also interested in making a sort of monty python Sw movie combo somtime in the future. Im also a big MST3K fan. you should all come to my house and we'll have a nice sw day. I got a 58in toshiba with a kenwood vr7070 reciever with THX certified stuff and JBL speakers with a 200 watt subwoofer. The pod race never sounded better..wwwwWWWWAAHHHH!!!!!. OK nice to be here and I hope we all get to meet soon

18. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Hi Ernie!
    Glad you found us! It must have been that link I sent to sunshine girl, eh?
    To all of you out there, Ernie is my almost cousin in-law. Say hi to him will you. He?s a very funny dude with a great big heart

19. cycojedi

Aug 6, 2001
    thank you thank you....no please thanks thank you tha..thank you...please sir sit down...put your top on ma'am...thank you thank you...ok, Chris want's you to check your PM's because she sent you one last night.

20. skywalking_sith_1138

skywalking_sith_1138 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2004
    Name: Brian
    Location: Auburn...I know, not Everett, but I don't like the Seattle forum
    SW Related Interests: movies, action figures, comics, card games, posters, video games, trivia
    Non-SW Related Interests: comic books, video games, movies, action figures...pretty much the same, just non-SW versions...lol
    How did you get started on SW: I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid...I dunno what I did before I discovered it, but I've been a fan as far back as I can remember...and that's a long time...I'd say since about age 5 or so...I will always love Star Wars...

21. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Welcome Brian!
    check out our museum trip thread on this forum. We are planning a trip to the Science Fiction Museum and if we have enough people show up, we can get a group discount on admission!
    if you are coming from auburn, you can meet us at the EMP instead of the mountlake terrace p&R. just see the thread I mentioned for details if you are interested, I'll make sure to have something star wars related either on or with me so you can identify our group

22. cycojedi

Aug 6, 2001
    HIya brian...welcome to the boards...I hope you have fun...unlike me when one time I got trapped in a bear trap and I had chew off my own head...oh well such is life...WELCOME....:D

23. skywalking_sith_1138

skywalking_sith_1138 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2004
    I hate it when I lose a body part...more of an inconvenience than anything else...

Glad to be here...don't think I'll be able to make it to the museum...I'll get there eventually though...bygum, I will get there soon..

24. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Name: Eledaia, Kelli in RL
    Location: Will be located in Spokane by Aug 16 (living near Walla Walla til then)

SW Related Interests: I was a big costuming fan until I got burned out by making costumes for others. I think I need make some for myself to remember what was so fun about it. I have a hugely cool costuming project I want to do for C3 :)

Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activities you might like) I'm a graphic designer/webmaster by trade, general artist by hobby, sci-fi/fantasy FanGirl extraordinaire, I'm mostly a hermit and trying to break the habit. I suppose I have to be social sometime in my life...

How did you get started on SW: My first Star Wars memory is still very vivid in my mind. I would have been 5 years old in 1983, and my parents brought me along to the theater for ROTJ. I don't remember anything else from the film except Jabba the Hutt. Whether it was the horror at seeing this hulking blob of talking putrescence or simply the fact that I couldn't read what Jabba was saying, those scenes in ROTJ were etched in my little mind. My first taste of Star Wars goodness :p I actually remember turning to my mom and asking her what the heck Jabba was saying. Her response was to sit down and watch the movie. "But I don't know what they are saying!!!" After that, I think I viewed bits and pieces of the trilogy on TV and what not, but it was not until Junior High that I had mastered the technological wonder know as the VCR and was at last able to record Star Wars. My Star Wars obsession has been coming on gradually since then. You would think that the advent of the second trilogy would have deepened my love of the SW Universe, but I admit I still only love the first trilogy on all counts. The newer episodes are nice to see why and how things came about, but I'm really only interested in the costumes from them. For me the originals are the i ching, and the new ones are just great movies to put in my DVD rotation.

I'm hoping to head over your way for a meeting sometime. I read about a few scattered people in Spokane, and would gladly join a group there if there was one. Maybe I'll have to start one...
    I would like to meet some fellow Star Wars fans and join a group so I won't have to hang out with myself at C3 :D

25. DigitalDeath

DigitalDeath Jedi Master

Jun 25, 2004
    Name: Jason
    SW Related Interests: Fan Films, special effects and story writing, Star Wars Galaxies, of course all of the movies in ANY incarnation
    Non-SW Related Interests: My family (wife & 2 children), making movies, writing, Video Games (gamer since 1983)
    How did you get started on SW:
    My first time I saw SW was at the theater at the Portsmouth Airforce Base in Newington, NH. We paid $1 to see Return of the Jedi (which had been out for about a year). The best thing about seeing it was the Darth Vader walked down and up the isles at one point in the movie and the kids in the theater went crazy! Of course we didn't know that it wasn't him and some guy in a suit. He had a ligthsaber and everything. It was a great experience. From there Star Wars was my favorite movie trilogy from the VHS that CBSFOX came out with to the cartoons and video games, to the DVD's that come out in September.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.