main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA New Everett WA FanForce Members Check in Here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    NAME: Steve Freilinger

SW RELATED ACTIVITES: Enjoy collecting Sw related stuff, mainly Boba fett.

NON-RELATED SW ACTIVITES: Active gearhead currently fighting an electrical problem in my car

HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?: I started back when SW first came out '77, As time progressed I got out of it(blame it on episode 1) Then when ep.2 came out I got back into collecting because of Boba's dad and finding out Fett's origen, since then I have been re-hooked!!

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Welcome to both of you Jason (how did I miss your intro, so sorry) and Steve.

You should come to one of our regular monthly meetings!
    We usually have them at the Godfathers Pizza in Everett (Everett Mall Way) on the fourth Sunday of every month.
    This month though, we are having a special Game Night/Meeting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it will be held at Marlow?s place in Kirkland. Check back for more info prior
    If you sign up for the yahoo site, we have a calendar that will send out a reminder to your email
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/MosEverett/

3. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    OK, thanks for the info.

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I don't know how I got here, I think I followed FETT3's profile from the Games forum. I'm not really close to the area, but I have family in Mount Vernon that I visit a lot, so I look forward to stopping by on my next trip through

Name: Jordan
    SW Related Interests: Video Games, RPG, Movies
    Non-SW Related Interests: Girls, Movies, Reading
    How did you get started on SW: I saw it when it first came out in '77, played with the toys, started reading the EU when it first came out, got into the games when I got into computers, etc. etc.

5. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    Name: Sheryl
    SW Related Interests: I buy all the books the day they come out, I have all the Hallmark ornaments, and I also collect the Padme paper dolls
    Non-SW Related Interests: Theatre, more watching than hanking
    How did you get started on SW: I remember way back for New Year's Eve, my family rented all three movies and a VCR. My dad was so proud of me because I memorized the entire prolouge to "A New Hope."

6. lcig88

lcig88 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Name: Leonard
    Hobbies: I have collected Star Wars Toys since 1977. Lord Of The Rings fan.

7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    hello!
    welcome!
    are you all going to be coming to CIII in April?

8. lcig88

lcig88 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Yes I am.

9. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Leonard is my brother-in-law. He just officially joined on Sunday. He will be able to help us man the fan tables during the convention. Marlow

10. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Alright! Looking forward to meeting you Leonard!

11. bobafett25

bobafett25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 1998
    Name: Gary
    SW Related Interests: Have been into Boba Fett for quite some time. Also enjoy collecting figures and as you read above, Boba Fett collectibles. :)
    Non-SW Related Interests: Enjoy reading, watching movies, spending time with my 5 year old daughter (who is starting to like Star Wars and has 3 figures).
    How did you get started on SW: My oldest memory was when I was about 3 1/2 years old and my mom took me to her work to pick out a Star Wars figure. They only had one left...a stormtrooper that was missing his gun (someone opened the package). I saw Star Wars at the theater when I was just 3 1/2 years old. From this point forward, Star Wars has been a big part of my life from buying toys, seeing movies, and going to conventions. I even have my own room in the house which doubles as an office/star wars shrine.

12. bobafett25

Nov 19, 1998
    As a side note...I will be attending C3 all 4 days, so I hope to meet some new friends from the local area while there.

13. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Welcome to Mos Everett Gary!

I am also a Boba Fett lover!
    I saw that you want to meet up with some of us at CIII and wanted contact info
    If you go to our yahoo group at
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/MosEverett/
    and in the left side of page look for the word database, click it and then it will take you to our contact list. (I noticed just now that we have a new member, are you also jorusfett on yahoo? If you would like to have your own contact info added then drop me a pm or an email cliodnabenlhee@yahoo.com and I will get you added)
    As for meeting up, there is a fan force table hall at the convention center, we will be sharing a table with other groups in the Pacific region, go here to see the volunteer sign up sheet and it will give you some idea of who will be at the table when:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17826457/?28

And we are also all planning to do things together throughout the convention as well. We are all going to the 501st party on Friday, the Celebration at Celebration party on Saturday and I know we have talked about hitting some toy stores in the area after the convention closes on Sunday.

Check back in this forum and/or our yahoo group for updates.

14. bobafett25

Nov 19, 1998
    Hi and thank you for the warm welcome. I see we have something in common (Fett fans). :)
    Thanks for all the information on CIII. And yes, I am jorusfett on yahoo. I notice that I was approved already for the group. :) I posted my information in the database section, although I found that there is no way to update it. I will send you my contact information so it can be corrected.
    I will be attending the breakfast on Friday and the Celebration party on Sat (missed out on the 501st tickets). I will definately stop by at the fan force table to check things out. Also, is there a nametag developed yet for the pacific area fan force group?

Thanks.

15. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    we do have a nametag that is in the photo's section in the graphics folder, if you don't have the kind of software needed to revise it to add your name, let me know and I will copy it and add whichever name you want to be on it and then put it in the same album with your name on the file for either you to print it up (I am not sure if we decided to take these in and print them up as a group yet, but I am going to print mine up, take it somewhere myself to be laminated and then just fasten it with a saftey pin to my shirt)

16. bobafett25

Nov 19, 1998
    I would assume it's the Jawa one, correct?
    Where would I put my name on the badge?

I saw some pretty cool fan force type namebadges which I might throw on me as well.
    http://www.johnrosevideography.com/c3nametags.html

Thanks.

17. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    no, the jawa one is the back cover of our flyer
    it's this pic here
    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/moseverett/vwp?.dir=/Graphics&.src=gr&.dnm=moseverettcantinabutton.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/moseverett/lst%3f%26.dir=/Graphics%26.src=gr%26.view=t

(you will have to be logged in to our group to view it)

I just looked at the link to the other badges you had in your post, those are cool too.
    I will be revising ours and resubmitting it to our photo folder because I need to add more room to put names and also I think our logo says "Nearer to...etc.." not "Closer to....."
    I also just added your contact info to the database :)
    I see you have a cell phone, will you be bringing it to CIII?

18. bobafett25

Nov 19, 1998
    Yes, I will have my cell phone with me amongst other things. I will try to manipulate the picture later, although I am not that good with photo editing. :)

I uploaded a copy of what I did with the pictures in the link. If I have to take multiple tags with me on my lanyard, then so be it. :)

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/moseverett/vwp?.dir=/Graphics&.src=gr&.dnm=Gary%27s+C3+Badge+Creation.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/moseverett/lst%3f%26.dir=/Graphics%26.src=gr%26.view=t

Let me know what you think. I want to add the Everett or Pacific Fan Force information below where it says fan force, but I don't know how to copy the style of text (see above comment about photo editing capabilities).

Thanks!

19. bobafett25

Nov 19, 1998
    I played with photoshop tonight and added the Mos Everett information into the badge and uploaded samples to the yahoo group. Let me know what you think of it. :)

20. D0orD0not

D0orD0not Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Name: Angie

SW Related Interests: Original Trilogy (personal favorite is ESB), Star wars comics (dark empire series) loved the star wars manga series, clone war animation

Non-SW Related Interests: counter-strike, mariners, other movies (ranges from clerks/Dogma, anything pixar, kill bill, garden state, finding neverland to taegukgi, etc), bowling, sitting around?.

How did you get started on SW: one thing started it all: lightsabers!!!!

21. dragonmar

May 30, 2003
    Welcome Angie: It's always great to get a new member. If you are going to C-III we are having a meeting to go over last details as a group before the convention. It will be Sunday at 2:00, at the GodFather's pizza place in Everett, on Everett mall Blvd. If you want to meet the group this would be a great time. Hope to see you soon at one of the meetings if you can't make it on Sunday

22. bobafett25

Nov 19, 1998
    Welcome Angie. I just got started in this group as well and will be attending the meeting on Sunday.

I see we have similar tastes in movies (love anything Kevin Smith, Kill Bill, and of course Star Wars). :)

Hope to see you on Sunday!

23. D0orD0not

D0orD0not Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    sorry, I can't be there Sunday....plus I am not attending C3..... :(

24. faltallon

faltallon Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Name: David

SW Related Interests:
    the movies, the music, comic books, games, fanfic, technical information, crushing tracheas with a simple twitch of my mi...oops, strike that.

Non-SW Related Interests:
    Offroading, computers, Xbox, games, writing, movies, music...

How did you get started on SW:
    While I don't remember seeing ANH on the big-screen, I do remember my parents renting it to break in our first VCR about a year or two later. I've seen all the others in the theater and consider myself not only a fan of SW, but of pretty much all sci-fi and SF.

Bought some of the RPG source books way back when and recently started collecting some of the comic book series' that interest me.

Love most of the SW games I've played, the latest being KOTOR I & II which caused me to start writing KOTOR fanfics. Hadn't written in a while, so it's been a crash course of re-learning everything I'd forgotten. It's been challenging and fun. For some reason, I like that period of time a little more.

In the future, I wouldn't mind getting involved with fanfilms and prop-making. I like metalworking and have had some training with composite work. Since I turn wrenches on airplanes, that's probably not too surprising.

Anyway, I'm going to the midnight show on the 18th in Everett so maybe I'll run into some of you.

25. dragonmar

May 30, 2003
    Welcome to the group David. We will be at the Everett mall theatre to see the midnight show. We will be there around 7:00 so stop by and say hi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.