main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New fan video maker needs help

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Dath_edu, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dath_edu

Dath_edu Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    Hello to all SW freaks i'm just another like you all finally I got a saber as a gift from my aunt and I just had to look my web cam for 1 second and an idea came up. Yes I made a video as a test of myself and I learned how to do sabers in Jasc PainShop pro 7.04
    I look great with the saber now hehe :) I want to learn the was of the force.net and
    make more videos so can someone tell me how to:

add sound I need a tutorial and software for it but I don't want to use complex stuff like adobe premiere, I have lots of SW games so I have the sounds.

And I whould love to be able to do the force trick of getting something that is far from me and how to make the start saber efect.

Thanks all

2. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] Whats with all these n00bs....

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    where's my fishing rod....

4. Dath_edu

Dath_edu Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    Ok now I see up Tutorials in forrums i hope i can find what i need please next time give me nicer welcome I'm not George Lucas so that mean I can't do a simple frame cu

5. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Man, dont be so offended. That is how a lot of these guys are.

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't think I was being offensive. I was making a joke. You've seen The Shawshank Redemption, right?

7. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    I thought it was funny, and to the Noob...ask away. We all were in your shoes at one point.

PS...learn Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and AE if you want it to look good!

I just have to say this.. "Ahhhh Noobian, not bad not bad." -Wato

8. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Odd having an Aug 03 registered person calling a Sep 03 registered person a newbie.

9. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    Why is that odd? He is a newbie to fanfilms, not the forum.

Did I miss something, or were you just trying to be funny.

10. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Stop this debate now. It's stupid. Try to be kinder to people asking for help. To anyone who would reply to defend themselves, be a bigger man and just leave it alone instead of starting a war. Just don't even waste the bandwidth.

Dath edu, also do your part by using proper conventions when asking us questions.

You can use several freeware programs to edit your movies, such as Axogon Composer, Zwei-Stein, and Virtualdub. However, none of these are going to be easy to learn, because video editing just isn't simple. Sorry. Work at it.

If you have Windows ME or XP, you can use Windows Movie Maker to mix your audio track as well as edit your film.

~Neszis~

11. artofwot

artofwot Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2003
    Try www.blenderwars.com. Here you will find tons of freeware for editing, special effects, 3D modeling, and more!

12. Decapitated-Jango

Decapitated-Jango Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I don't want to use complex stuff like adobe premiere.

Not a good approach. If there is one thing I learned in life, is that you only get as much as you put in. ALWAYS. There are no shortcuts.

As my drum line coach would say, who might as well be Confucious, "There is no 'chops-fairy' that will make you a better drummer. You have to prac-TICE! No one else can practice for you. This drumline is only as strong as its weakest player."

If you wanna just mess around with cool LS effects, that's cool. Don't try to learn the software. But be prepared to work and learn and rotoscope your thumbs off if you want a decent final project.

-Glad to have more newbies-

Funny you should mention that drippy, sometimes the things we read on these boards...

13. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Ohhhh sorry about that, I didnt really mean to offend. It was just I had clicked on 3 differnet threads all n00bs asking questions. I wasnt saying your a n00b because of the question, but just beacuse that you just registered. Sorry.

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Neszis: check your PM's bro.

15. Zelmo

Zelmo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 4, 2002
    ...but I don't want to use complex stuff like adobe premiere...

Premiere? Complex? Whatever. :confused:

And like Jango said, you get what you put in.

-ZZZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.