main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends New FanFic Author looking for creative partners

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Treius, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treius

Treius Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2009
    I have a lot of exciting ideas for a new Star Wars fan fiction set in the time period of the Old Republic:

My story revolves around two human twin brothers, Ubelok and Betru, from the planet Mowgle. In a desperate push to rebuild the Jedi Order and find Revan the twins are promoted to the rank of Jedi Knights at a young age. Their first task is to investigate a lead on Revan (who at this time has defeated Malak and ventured into the Unknown Regions to battle an ancient Sith threat) on the planet Kariek. Crash landing on the primitive planet, they are taken in by a tribe of Eickaries (humanoid reptiles) and told of a warring tribe with seemingly invincible troops (translated by a protocol druid). The tribe is lead by a dark man who "carries a stick that glows with fire" and "rocks that fly with invisible wings". The twins recognize this as a Jedi, most likely allied with the Sith. During a surprise invasion, Ubelok is captured by the tribe and brought to their leader who is in fact a Sith Lord. Ubelok is held captive and told of the Dark Side of the Force. Meanwhile, Betru teaches the Eickaries to fight more efficiently and hatches a plan to save his brother, kill the Sith Lord, and steal his space craft to return to the Jedi Order. During this attack, all is accomplished, however, we begin to see Ubelok slowly warm to the Dark Side and use the Sith Lord's teachings.

The rest takes place in the known galaxy. The twins take with them a Eickarie that Betru recognizes as force sensitive. The twins take on an unprecedented role as duel Masters to the padawan which results in an interesting duality with Betru's strict teaching of the Jedi Code and Ubelok's leanings toward Dark practices.

Eventually, however, Ubelok choose the Dark Side and defects from the Jedi Order to become the Sith Lord. The galaxy enters yet another period of war as Ubelok slowly builds up the Sith presence. Leading the hunt for him are his brother and the Eickarie Jedi Knight.

I feel it would be very interesting to tell this story because the twins would naturally have a strong bond within the force. This makes it difficult to do any thing without the other knowing. I wanted to tell the story in an episodic manner of short stories. The first would tell the prologue on Kariek and the second would follow the Eickarie's training and Ubelok's defection. After this, the stories would come in pairs. One tells of Betru and one of Ubelok but both occurring concurrently. The final story would then be told as one continuous narrative. I feel this premise has a lot of interesting elements, not to mention the fact that it would just be fun to flesh out.
    However, I cannot do this myself. I have a love for the Star Wars universe that can scarcely be exceeded, however, I do not know nearly as much about it as many of you on these forums do. Therefore, I would need someone to look over my writing and ideas to check for inconsistencies, contradictions, etc. Of course, that's not all they would do. I would love to confer on story ideas and such.
    I also cannot draw. As it would figure, looking at drawings really help me visualize what is taking place in great detail. So, I'm also looking for an artist to make rough sketches of the characters, worlds, species, etc. Again, you would have vast creative power as well.
    We could work all of this out through the internet by frequent email correspondence. The drawings can be sent using a scanner. If you don't have one Staples will scan it for you and save it to a disk. If we become comfortable with one another I would not be opposed to speaking on the phone.

If you are interested please email me at Steveoknox24@aol.com

I really hope we get this project of the ground.

2. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    This isn't the appropriate place for this post; should be in the Fan Fiction Writer Resource, link at the top of the page.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.