main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New FanFic Author!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by KoolKoal, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoolKoal

KoolKoal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2007
    Hello everyone, I came to this site earlier this morning when I was looking for a place to post a fan fiction I started writing. If you can't tell, I liked what I saw. So, I've been lurking for a couple hours now and I've seen a few things.

I can tell you that my fanfic will be all OC's and I'll probably be looking for a master (with a common IM service) to help me out.

Also I hope to make some friends :p.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Welcome, KoolKoal! :)

I'm actually just taking a dive into fan fiction as well. The Fan Fiction Resource Forum has loads of helpful links to help you get started, as well as an adoptions program.

Hope you enjoy your time here! :)

3. KoolKoal

Mar 24, 2007
    Thank you very much :).

I'd seen the master/padawan thread before, but I lost it ^_^;. So thanks for posting that.

I'll be sure to read what you write when I see it ;).

4. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Glad to be of service. :)

Also, do you like d20 roleplaying? I noticed your icon is a 20 sided die.

5. KoolKoal

Mar 24, 2007
    Yeah, I play on another site. None of my friends from rl are as large nerds/geeks as I am so thats my only opprotunity.

I play Magic: the gathering too.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard, KoolKoal! :)

I would have suggested that adoption program as well, so I hope you'll find a good master. :)

Since you enjoy RPGs as well, we have boards for SW-RPGs and none-SW RPGs. Maybe you like to take a look? :)

Enjoy your stay and see you around. :)

7. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    If you're interested in OC stories, check out this link: Essential OC Database. I write OC stories, too, and it has been a great help to me. It's a well organized thread that has listings of OC stories, OC charcters, helpful tips, and writing challenges. The people have been very friendly and informative and the writing challenges have strengthened my abilities. Also, some of the site's best authors post there, so you can find a lot of great examples of quality OC stories.

Fan fiction is a wonderful thing and I hope it will bring you as much pleasure as it's brought me. Welcome to the boards![:D]

8. asfnone

asfnone Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2007
    Welcome!!!

I hope you have hours of Fan Fiction Fun!!!

9. KoolKoal

Mar 24, 2007
    Thanks, I've already posted on the thread.

I've swamped myself a bit with the number of rpg's I have going right now, but I'll be sure to take a look when one of them is finished ;).
    Ooh, that does sound helpful. I'll check it out. Thanks for the welcome.

asfnone: Rest assured, I want more than a few hours of fanfiction fun :p. Thanks for the welcome.

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I see what you mean with too many RPGs going on. I do them in RL and sometimes we have too many stories at one time as well. ;)

Enjoy them and if you join one of them, I wish you much luck and fun! :)

11. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Lucky. I just played my first D&D session in months. And all I did was take out a gargoyle. Though I'm almost 4th level now, so I'm good. :D

12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    You should check out this thread for discussion on d20. :)

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Yep, in fact all of the Role Playing Forums might interest interest you, mate. They're a great place to write interactively and have fun with it, too. :)

Welcome to the boards!

14. KoolKoal

Mar 24, 2007
    Thanks again for the welcomes everyone. Rest assured, I'll check out the rpg forums someday, but right now I'm swamped as I said.

I've almost finished my first fiction, the link will be in my sig.

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome!! If you like OCs, that database is really good. It's run by corellian_ale, who I'm sure would be glad to help you if you have any OC questions. The mod oqidaun is also a big OC fan and runs a thread in the resource; she's a great go-to girl for questions on OCs or about fanfic as a whole. Hope to see you there!!

16. justicejedi

justicejedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2006
    :) welcome to the boards! writing is a lot of fun, there's betas and what not here all over the place ;) it can be a bit confusing, so we're always here to help!

17. KoolKoal

Mar 24, 2007
    NYCitygurl: Welcome!! If you like OCs, that database is really good. It's run by corellian_ale, who I'm sure would be glad to help you if you have any OC questions. The mod oqidaun is also a big OC fan and runs a thread in the resource; she's a great go-to girl for questions on OCs or about fanfic as a whole. Hope to see you there!!

Thank you for the welcome. I'll keep them in mind, just in case.

justicejedi: welcome to the boards! writing is a lot of fun, there's betas and what not here all over the place it can be a bit confusing, so we're always here to help!

Is a lot of betas a good or bad thing :p? lol, thanks for the welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.