main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New fanfilm....

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Logan_Digital, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan_Digital

Logan_Digital Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    Ok, I am Logan_Digital (formerly Logiwan-Kenobi) and I am releasing my first **Extremely crappy** fanfilm. Made with a Handicam. Analog imported. Primitive script. Here is the link if you want to see it =\

http://www.anime-cyclone.net/guardian/movietfn.mov

2. ultimateguy

ultimateguy Jedi Master star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Normally, I would put down a film like this. But, since I will soon be releasing a fanfilm witch will be crappy as well... GREAT JOB! The music was pretty awesome. Where did you get it?

3. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    You're right. My biggest problem was seeing tons of compression, and analog didn't help (think zoomed on a face blur).

Minor spoilers: I realize this is sort of an Earth based SW movie, but at the beginning I'd suggest having the Sith clip his saber on something, or tucking in a belt.

I don't think that's how deadman switches work... you let go, it blows (in my mind he was sacraficing himself and the saber before he dropped it).

Ummm... forest.

Once hit with a lightsaber, I don't think you keep fighting- unless that's just what it looked like and the analog compresssion screwed it up a bit.

At one or two points, I got the impression that the lines weren't completely memorized- maybe take a reshoot, or just more time practicing?

At a couple times sound was non-existant- maybe a little background music next time could cover those? It'd also help with when the camera angle changes- the bird chirps change abruptly, too.

on the up side, the script and story line aren't that bad. Messes with the T-65 continuity I know, but still enjoyable... I'll look through my sourcebook and see if it leaves room for that :p

In all, a good film that has suffered from equipment. Just keep those other things in mind next time.

Edits: color for spoilers

4. Krapitino

Krapitino Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    OMG... that is the perfect stereotype fanfilm. I can't take it. I'm releasing the script for "Of The." You hit so many cliches perfectly.

5. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    hey i have that same super soaker!

i couldn't stop laughing when: "not well, i've just begun walking in the forest" haha.

6. Logan_Digital

Logan_Digital Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    I got the music off KaZaA. It said that it was Metallica...but I doubt it. Thanks Arjuna, I will keep those things in mind when I script my next FanFilm. I will try to steer away from the stereotype next time...I am not yet familiar with them though. =\

lol, CPS 1000 Super Soaker. Only problem is that the front got ripped off when I pulled it out from underneath a crap pile in my computer room. heh.

Thanks everyone for posting your comments. Keep em coming if possible. =)

-Logan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.