main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Fans!!!! Please Introduce yourself here!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: China' started by aaronliao, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey is this the forum for people who are chinese but can't read Chinese then? cuz then I sooo qualify... My chinese went wayyy downhill, didn't go further than level 6, it's sad...I know pingying pretty well though

But anyway, hi all, I'm from Shanghai, and I speak putong and shanghai dialect. I live in Chicago now, but I've been to beijing and hangzhou on vacation though, and they both are really beautiful in its own way I think...

Hehe it seems a very quiet and cozy little forum isn't it?

2. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    Ni hao aaronliao. I'm in Chicago too. I loved Shanghai & I'm up for a job there that I really hope I get. Are you in the city or the burbs?

3. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    (looks around) Aaron or me? ;) Hmmm...

I live in the suburbs as well... and yes, Shanghai rocks! Best place to shop and get ice cream!

4. Django211

Mar 6, 1999
    Doh! Dui bu qi bobilll. Right now I'm being considered for a position in China that I really hope I get. I would love to go back & work in Shanghai. I miss it a lot. So for now I'm in a horrible waiting period to hear if I get this job or not.

5. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    oooh lucky you! Hope you get the job!
    Sigh. wo3 yao4 hui2 xue2 xiao4 le... :(

6. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    i am not from china but I love anime so i like to post hear ^_______________^

7. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    i can't read chinese either (not much neways)

8. Django211

Mar 6, 1999
    Happy mid autumn festival everyone. Enjoy those moon cakes.

9. weddge

weddge Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    hihi,Hazellukeyang can guess who am I and quite a lot of people from that forum can do so.

10. Ger-sain

Ger-sain Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2003
    Hi, I´m from México, and i like to know many people, who likes Star Wars.
    Use The Force

11. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    hi weddge, yeah you know who i am. and are you same weddge?

12. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    And hi bobilll, i think this forum is for all the Chinese who wants to post here, speak Chinese or not. :)

13. Ger-sain

Ger-sain Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2003
    Thanks, an giid bye you are a good Chinesse, Please dont be an A.. H...

14. PadawanFroya

PadawanFroya Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Hi! I live in Norway and come from Shanghai. Those vikings are not interested in SW. However, I've been in love with SW ever since I was 10 years old. [face_love]
    My 4-year-old daughter is almost a SW fan and prefers Jar Jar Binks whom I do hate. So, what did Master Yoda say once? " Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is." 8-} (Please! I'm not so old as you think! :([face_mischief])
    To Vampire-jing and daily: So pleased to see you here. :) Actually I've just been starwarschina.com. Well, I have no Chinese system in my new PC. :_| Hoping the problem can be solved soon and I'd love to meet more friends there.

15. weddge

weddge Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    sorry Hazellukeyang,i'v fogetten my password for a while and have to reply you untill now.yeah, i'm the same weddge just as leia is a princess and i'v reached you through email. i'm glad to know you'v backed home and would like to see you another time.
    may the force be with you and youre bb.

16. PadawanFroya

Oct 21, 2003
    To Weddge: Glad to see you here! :)
    Finally get the Chinese system! Yeah! [face_laugh]
    See you guys in CHINA!

17. weddge

weddge Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    to PadawanFroya, me too.
    still, i have a puzzle,that is have you never seen any chinese sites about SW before?at least we have some Taiwan sites.sorry i'v asked that stupid question.anyway, i'm glad to meet you in any chinese sites again!

18. PadawanFroya

Oct 21, 2003
    To Weddge:
    You spoke of the Taiwan sites. Well, I'm so ignorant. Can you recommend some of them?

19. weddge

weddge Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    it's not ignorant at all and you've underated youself.anyway,i have advantage over you---i can search chinese sites through chinese web such as yahoo.com.cn.
    as i've known, there are some good taiwan sites as follows:http://starwars.alittleboy.com/
    ,http://bbs.ee.ntu.edu.tw/boards/StarWars/,
    http://www.starwars.idv.tw/,http://home.pchome.com.tw/cool/panaka/home.htm and http://home.pchome.com.tw/cool/panaka/home.htm
    also,there are a new china site and i often come to it:http://sd.50shop.com/sw/bbs/index.asp
    welcom you to that site too!

20. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    To weddge, it's so good to see you here. Got your email. So you have seen "when harry met sally". :D

21. weddge

weddge Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    To hazellukeyang,yeah,"when harry met sally"
    is really a terrific moive and i wonder how many times did I miss it! Thanks again!
    I've found my interest in SW came back and I must say something about them. That why I choose to join this site.However,I can't find the feeling before since I'm not familiar with the users.Maybe next time I may act better.

22. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    yeah, my passion came back too. There was a time while I lost interest in SW. Then last week the local TV showed Empire Strikes Back and I watched it and remember again how great SW is. :)

Anyway, this board is a bit too quite. Maybe people are still not familiar with each other. Any interesting topic you want to post?

23. weddge

weddge Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    I'm busy with my paper now and my future job then,so as you can see, there will be little time left to me.Still, I'd like to try my best to write someting about SW,of coruse chinese,some reviews, some fans fictions ect.In fact, some ideas have striken on me and if I finish them ,I'd like to inform you.
    Have you any project on SW? It would be a great favor if you inform me about them.And see you.

24. PadawanFroya

Oct 21, 2003
    I don't understand why should we use English here since this is a forum for the Chinese fans. I just found the fans in Norway speak their mother language at the forum of their own in this site.

25. JEDI-JT

JEDI-JT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    I'm John from Milwaukee, WI in the US but I am in Foshan, Guangdong province (about 1 hour outside of Guangzhou)several months out of the year. Figured I'd just say HI. If there is anyone on these boards around Foshan, PM me and I'll buy you a beer (if your old enough)

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.