New FF banner

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Obi Anne, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    As you see we now have a new general FF banner up, a big congratulation to WhiteHorse who created it.

If you are posting in a forum with the old banner, just give your RSA or a GSA a heads up and we will change it to this one.
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Congrats, Tiago! :D
    Well done! :)
  3. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Its sweet looking, i like it very much. job well done.
  4. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    Whoo, it's finally up!

And a big congrats to Tiago! :)
  5. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    your kidding, right?

hope you have a good color scheme to go with it cause the rest is horrible!
  6. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi. Thanks to the others for the congrats.

TK7771, if refering to this page:
    http://boards.theforce.net/default.asp?cat=10009

those yellows are not supose to exist(belong to the old scheme).

A correction is already made by me and online, just waiting for the admins to use the corrected file.

I really apologize for failing to see it before i gave the first colorscheme file.

This is how is supose to look (instead of those yellows in the forums names and counters):
    http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0252820001/temp/ffbanner/fanforceforums.htm

If you were not refering to that, but the rest... I don't know what to answer you.
  7. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I mean the white bg to the cells and the green links in the header. it just doesnt go with the banner at all.
  8. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I have to agree. The white background is blinding and completely contrasts the fine job that was done on the banner portion. I like the banner a lot other than that. Kudos!!!
  9. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    it was really hard to make a color scheme that fitted this banner. This was what i was able to get that didn't look bad and did combine with the banner colors and "feel".

White was used as background. But the background in the text portions are not full white. They are greyed lightly enough to evoid blinding when reading.

Even so this was the scheme i did, but in no way is this the one that *must* be. If a admin or other think it should be changed, so be it. But then, present a alternative color scheme that stays well and combines with the banner colors and "feeling".

I made lots of experiences. This one was the best. I respect of course you don't like it. While others really do like it (as i, altough i admit is quite a contrast from the previous looks of the forum, and may take some time to get used for some). Wish i could satisfy all.

Tip: If the screen is *really* blinding and you can't see the greys, try seeing if the Display isn't set with too much brigthness/contrast.
  10. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Don't get me wrong. I think the banner portion and the new logo look outstanding. I just need sunglasses to look at the body. :)
  11. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    i added a tip to my previous post.

And i don't get you wrong. :)
    Trying to help. :)
    Can't you see the greys? They exist in 2 tones. One lighter one for the post it self cell. And a bit darker one to the Username cell.

Obi Anne, Skiara, AT-AT_Commander, Enji....
    What's your input on this? U also have trouble reading?
  12. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with WardBird. the banner rocks. its just the colors for the rest of the page just dont work.

And it has nothing to do with the brightness of my screen. the green and red links,the(off)white bg just dont blend well with the banner.
  13. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    As i said then.. i did tryed. I admit it's a completly new look. I do like it and wish i could please all. If some really don't like it, then please make a alternative sugestion like i said on my previous post. I have no problem with that.
  14. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    How about a horizontal gradient going from black at the top of the screen and ending in a soft gray at the bottom?
  15. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    something darker would be better. the banner itself is dark so it work out better.
  16. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    that would be a vertical gradient.
    And i don't think i can use images for the background and table/cell's.
  17. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    I think the colour scheme is pretty good, although I admit I felt it was a bit bright when I first saw it... might be because I'm so used to the old one, but still... I do agree that the white background is a bit, well... too white (ok, that sounded stupid :p). Perhaps if it was some shade of light gray, like the cells? Or I don't know, I'm absolutely horrible at colour schemes (you should see my attempts... they're terrifying!).

If this doesn't make any sense it's because it's late and I have no idea what I'm writing. :p
  18. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    What time is it in Sweden right now?

It's 7:50pm (Thursday) in Philadelphia at the moment.
  19. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    In my view the body, header etc. (not banner) is too bright. It was yesterday evening/night and everything around me was (more or less) dark and then it was really bright.
    But because of I am not able to do things like this and it is well done, I don't want to make it bad, your work and all your time you put in. :)

But have you tried a blue or (dark red) or (dark) grey color theme? :)
  20. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    I did. Even showed it to Morgaine.
    From all the experiences i made, and also did the grey and darkones. This one stayed better. The whitebg is good as it makes the black banner limits stand out. I will try during the weekend post some colors i tested. so that u can also see how it looked.
  21. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    What time is it in Sweden right now?

Now it's 5pm, but at the time I wrote that message it was 1:46am I think... ;)

Ah, ok Tiago. I see know that you have a point with the white background... but still, it's bright. I understand it's a hard banner finding a colour scheme to, and I think this works fairly well. Hard to tell since we haven't seen the others... :)
  22. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    I gave myself some time to get used to this and I too have to chime in that the stylesheet really doesn't work with the banner.

If I get time (ha!) I might try my hand at something, but I'm sure other people here can come up with a more complimentary stylesheet.
  23. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Altough i like the way it is. I did a sligthly "darkened" version. Not much, but hopefully just enough not to "blind" as some complained. The background is not fully white now. And all the other light greys were added some slight extra points of greyness. Does it work better for the ones that complained?

Here goes 2 test examples.
    http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0252820001/temp/ffbanner/darkenedwhite/fanforceforums.htm
    http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0252820001/temp/ffbanner/darkenedwhite/olympicgames.htm

If and before someone says it's still white and there exists no diference, I advise to scroll down to the bottom of the page and compare the background color of the page to the IGN logo background color (which is full white). If you see no diference between the page bg and the ign-logo bg, then (i am sorry but..) it's really your display that is badly calibrated and should be ajusted.
  24. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    The two pics are a little bit darker, almost not to see for me. But I know I have a bad monitor. :(
    So, it doesn't (really) change anything if you will change the color theme to the ones of the pic or not. :)

Sorry, that I couldn't help that much. :(

But thank you very much for trying and putting another version online, Tiago. :)
  25. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I think the other one was better. Since I'm not the one making the changes to the style I would like to hear some more input before I go about requesting it though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.