main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New FF banner

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Obi Anne , Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Sorry i am really confused. I didn't understand either skiara or obi anne. :oops: [face_frustrated]

"the 2 pics" ?? u meaning the example pages?
    "almost not to see for me." ??? !? i can read every word but the sentence makes really confusion to me. Words missing?

"I think the other one was better." which "other one"? The original or the examples?

And since an update may accour, taking the opportunity, about the left side: you prefer the cornered version or the fading?

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I *think* that Sabine meant that she can't really see a difference between this version and the slightly darker version... not sure though... (sorry Sabine if I'm wrong!)

I prefer the slightly darker version, it's not much darker, but it feels a little bit easier on the eyes than the pure white one. :)

As for the sidebar, I think I already said that I prefer the cut-off version, but it's no big deal. Both versions are nice. :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Sorry for confusing you, Tiago.

I meant that your examples are a bit, just a little bit darker then the one that is used at the moment. But the difference between the current one and your examples are so small that I almost can't see it on my monitor. That's why it doesn't matter for me, which one you use finally. :)

Hope it is now a bit clearer. :)

Edit: You're right, Nina. :)
    Thanks. :)

4. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    ok :D understood you now :)

"(...)But the difference between the current one and your examples are so small that I almost can't see it on my monitor.(...)"
    Hmm... then i was right, the ppl that complain is the ones that the monitor works bad or is bad calibrated.
    On the example pages i posted, on the bottom of the page can you easily see the diference between the page background and the IGN logo background? Or only if you look at it really sharp?

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I see it. It's not a big difference, but it's definitely there. :)

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    No, I have a perfectly calibrated monitor and I'm one of the complainers.

The stylesheet is not complimentary at all to the banner. The primary colour in the banner is black! With a bit of red, a bit of green, a bit of blue and a bit of yellow.

The stylesheet doesn't reflect that at all!!

You can darken the scheme by a factor of 2 and it will still be way too bright.

7. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    The banner's peachy, but the color-scheme definitely needs a run-over. Add some darker colors in the header and the thread-title box, and change the #2 white in to a darker gainsborough or something .

8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I hate to denigrate someone's hard work, but I agree with Gabe. Red and green on white works for Christmas, but then it's only up for a couple of days.

I like blues... :)

9. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    i am creating since yesterday a completly new colorscheme. No whites. Some patiente as i try to finish it off today night (if possible).

10. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Finished now the non-white version of it. I await some input/replys about it.

Example pages:
    Boards list:
    http://lisboncandidacy3.no.sapo.pt/temp/fforceforums.htm

Topics list:
    http://lisboncandidacy3.no.sapo.pt/temp/europegeneral.htm

Posts list:
    http://lisboncandidacy3.no.sapo.pt/temp/olympicgames.htm

11. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Thats alot better.

12. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Darksider. :p

edit:
    Keep in mind, that i don't agree that the current colorscheme colors as nothing to do with the banner.

And i was a bit offended about the way you made the first post "you kidding right". Not to say, that was also not a motivating way for me to make a replacement.

Making colorschemes is hard/long work. Just to give an example i took about 6 hours (3 yesterday and 3 today) to make this new dark one that i just posted.

If you still not happy with it, i would now prefer you make your own proposal. So that you get a "insight" view of the problems one faces while making one.

13. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Darksider. :p

Damn straight! [face_devil]

If you were offended by my post, then I appologise. But it was merely constructive criticism. I know how hard it is to do color schemes, and I commend you for doing it. But you'll notice I wasn't the only one who didn't like it.

But a little advice for ya. If you plan on making graphic design a carreer, learn to take criticism. You'll find alot of potential clients alot more hard on your work then I was.

14. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, but i get paid on those ;)

But no, it's not my career. I'm a computer tech.

But i do like multimedia stuff. webpages, 3d, images...
    But always did those on my own, as a hobby, never payed. And actually the banner as 3d made stuff in it. :) The empire and rebeld symbols were made by me from scratch. The 2 ships i took from the net.

Don't know if i will ever make a living of multimedia. But could be nice. :)

15. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey, this one right here is really easy on the eyes and cool to boot! Love it! :D

Maybe we can get that one implemented soon before my eyes explode. :p

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I like that one Elan.

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Definitely much more like it.

Bravo.

18. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    MUCH better WhiteHorse, that's an excellent stylesheet. The banner is definitely difficult to work with, but that colour scheme works really well with it. :)

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    To say it in correct place (again)...

I like the new, darker color sheme more, Tiago. :)

Thanks for all the work you put in. :)

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That's a lovely scheme, eventhough I haven't had that big problems with this one. I'd love to get it up as soon as possible.

21. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    I had one person that said to me i should change the signature color to other thing so that it does not confuse with the normal text.

What is your comment on that? you ppl agree?
    But for wich color would you ppl suggest?

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I haven't much time yet, so it may be a bit short.

It doens't really confuse me, but the word "---signature---" in another color could be better.

And what about the part under the banner and above the header. Isn't it a bit too dark?

Just my thoughts. :)
    If it doesn't fit or something else, it's ok. It just come to my mind. :)

And what I said before, you have done a good work, Tiago. :)
    And I am glad that you discuss with us and try to find the best thing. :D *hugs*

23. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    You could use the same blue you used in the MainMenuLink stylesheet for the SignatureTitle.

24. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I agree with Enji that the slightly off-white version is the best one. And I also think the colour scheme matches the banner quite well, mainly because Black is the main colour in the banner and white goes very well with black. I don't think you always have to match the colour-scheme with the banner's colour, as long as they compliment each other then it should work well.

The latest dark versions are very bad because it's very diffuclt to read white text on dark backgrounds, especially if you are Dyslexic which is a big NO-NO!! (They're well executed, but I just don't think it's a wise colour scheme).

Alternatively then a light blue colour scheme might be good, something that matches the Galatic Empire logo but personally I like the off white version :)

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    it's very diffuclt to read white text on dark backgrounds, especially if you are Dyslexic
    Oh, I haven't known that. :( Then I would go with the current one. Although if I like the other one a bit more. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.