main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN New FF rules

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Over in the CR forum Jedi_Dajuan, our friendly neighborhood GSA (read: the big boss lady of FF), has posted a new series of FF rules that encompass not just rules for the forums, but also for the real-life clubs. She is asking CR input on them. I'm not going to repost them here, as this is just for CRs now, but I wanted to get everyone's input on what is being discussed. I can inquire about any concerns anyone has--currently, I've not found much I disagree with, just something I won't mention here that I want to receive clarification on from Dajuan.

For the most part, these rules are simply all the old rules, which were previously scattered about in several places, collected into one central location. However, there are some changes and restatements making FF a little more centralized, none of which should affect us:

1. All FF chapters will be required to have annual elections for their CR. Previously, chapters were allowed to select their CRs in any way they saw fit, and they were never made to conduct any sort of reelection. Now, annual elections must either be conducted online by sending votes to an RSA, as we did last time, or else in person. If in person, the results must be sent to the RSA by two people not involved in the election. This will be a little more formalized than we've done in the past, but not really any different. There are also new posting requirements for CRs, but those are very common-sense.

2. Clubs that collect money for any reason will be required to have a treasurer that is a different person than the CR. Again, since we already have one, that's no big deal for us.

3. There is a big emphasis on the fact that FF groups are not to be costuming-only groups. Costumes are not to be required for membership in the club, participation in any event, or to hold any office or position. Apparently, the G/RSAs have had problems with this in other groups. We've never had any problem with this, so I don't see it affecting us.

4. Groups with offsite forums will be required to have more than a token presence on the FF boards. Though the new rules don't say groups can't have their own message boards, they essentially require the FF forums to be the group's primary means of communication. Since we don't have offsite forums currently (though we have in the past), this shouldn't affect us. However, it would limit us should we choose to create offsite forums in the future.

Like I said, I don't see anything I really disagree with, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion about what's being discussed. If anyone has any comments, please post them here. We will also discuss this at the GM on Saturday.

2. GannorAton

GannorAton Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2007
    From what I see in these new rules, they are geared more towards fanatics that took it too far. We're an excellent group and from these new rules will only make us better.

Thanks for the info bud

3. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I think that all members must have a minumum "dirty-bathrobe-jedi-guy" outfit and the 6-dollar lightsaber in order to vote. If you don't love SW enough to put on a smelly bathrobe over your Jolt Cola and pizza stained shirt and Bermuda shorts, then how can you call yourself a Star Wars fan?

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    And all members from Mount Vernon (Indiana and Illinois) must donate one Vac-table. I think we should include that too. ;)

Looks like we are already covered on most of these things. :cool:

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Or, if you're not a Jedi fan, a stormtrooper helmet, commonly known as a 'bucket'.

This can be made of plastic, metal, and does not necessarily need to have a handle on, but it may help.

[image=http://www.craftamerica.com/images/products/6500_75_rusty_tin_bucket.jpg]

6. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Who cares? The higher-ups must really be bored to death and have taken up goose stepping.

7. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Keep in mind that while it seems that these issues are very far removed for our FF, other FF's could greatly be affected by those issues that Nathan gave us examples for.

I hate would hate to be part of a FF that deemed that not having a costume as a condition of being part of a group.

8. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    These rules are now available for public viewing here. A few things have changed since they were originally posted on the CR board, but nothing major. If anyone wants to read the new rules in full, have at it.

9. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    I wonder how Indy is going to get around the "Off-site forums are not to replace the FF Forums" thing. They've been more active on their own boards for a long time now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.