New FF Traveling Banner Image and C4 Table info!! Entries and Donations Desired

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Hi All!!

We went around a priced a new banner (or two). For a banner 6x3 in full color (three or more colors) it will run $129 or with one color $106. Jedi_runya also checked on a banner of 5x2 which will run $98 with full colors or $81 with one color. Now this price will increase under these two conditions: 1) we don?t have the designs in a vector format, or 2) if the design is too small. The company said ideally they would like to have the vector format or the design in a jpeg that will be 2 feet x 2 feet.

On that note, we would like to open the design up to all people who would like to design it for Fan Force. We are looking for something that would incorporate the FanForce community and Star Wars (something that is neither strongly Imperial or Rebel :p ). We would like to have some sort of design on the left with a motto or logo on the right. This winning design will then become the property of FanForce, giving us the right to change it if needed and the right to use it as needed. This design will also have to go through Mary Franklin, to make sure we are not infringing on any of Lucas? rights. Then all RSAs and CRs will vote on the winning design and the designer will receive colors for a month.

So in essence we are looking for two things: the design and the motto/logo. Both of which will be used on the banner, pamphlets, flyers, business cards, shirts, mugs etc, whatever we want/need made up for FanForce Chapters.

We would like to ask all FF chapters to chip in to help pay for the banner. Any little bit helps, but if we could get at least $15-20 from each one it would go a long way. This is by no means mandatory, but since it will benefit us all it would be nice if we all contribute. It will be used to promote us as a group at Celebration 4, and will be used to be passed around the different chapters for local events, as the previous banner has been. Any extra will be used for the table at C4 (for items such as pamphlet, flyers, handouts, and business cards). Since we are getting the banner made locally, we'd like any donations for it sent to either our paypal account (<a href="mailto:stlouisfanforce@gmail.com">stlouisfanforce@gmail.com</a>) or snail mailed to either me or jedi_runya (who's actually the one doing the leg work at the moment :D ). I will be happy to provide an itemized list of donations and what it has been spent on if necessary.

All entries should be emailed to Jedidajuan@gmail.com by 12/3/2006. Feel free to post design ideas and entries in this thread, but only designs emailed to me will be officially considered. Stealing another person's design, (including taking any aspect of their image and changing it) will result in your forfiture of the contest and may result in a ban.

Any questions should be directed to Jedi_Dajuan or jedi_runya.
  2. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I'm in. This will give me something to work on during fall break. :)
  3. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Awesome! You make great stuff, I look forward to seeing it :D
  4. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am presenting this to the group as a few prelimiary ideas for the banner. If there is something that anyone would like to see added, please let me know. I am already planning to add a few more flags(space permitting) with the Mandalorians icon, the one for the Jedi Order, and the one for the planet Naboo. I am open to suggestions and any criticism. You can email me at jsweb3@comcast.net with you suggestions, etc. I look forward to hearing from you all. Plus I might be able to get the banner at a really cheap cost or free if we put the printer's logo on it somewhere. I will check into it for the group. Thanks for looking.

Joel

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Fanforcebanner3copy.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Fanforcebanner2copy.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Fanforcebanner.jpg
  5. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Dammit, finals took more of my time than I thought. Is it too late for an entry?
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Since finals are keeping me from getting to this until next week anyway, go for it. :)
  8. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was just curious if you had had a chance to look at the entries. Hopefully your finals went well. I look forward to seeing the ones that others had come up with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.