main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New force power - "Force Smell"

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Lear, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lear

Darth_Lear Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Okay, are you ready? Here goes...

Remember that imperial officer standing at the bridge next to Palpatine at the end of Ep. III? Well, apparently he's smelly. Yes, he has a personal hygiene problem and this is actually why Palpatine sends him away from the bridge when Vader arrives (sensitive new breathing apparatus etc.)

Well, this becomes an important plot point in Ep. IV because Leia gives the first indication of being strong in the force by demonstrating a new force power we've never heard of yet - "force smell". Apparently she says to him "I recognised your foul stench when I was brought on board", and she was miles away at the time. But this actually ties into the destruction of Alderaan spoiler - it's because of this insult that he destroys Alderaan.

Yes, you read that right, she calls him smelly so he blows up her planet! Seriously, all this will happen in Ep. IV!

DL

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I sort of doubt this but anything is possible.

Perhaps the dark side makes you generate more sweat?

3. JohnnyRingo02

JohnnyRingo02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2006
    Man, Maul must have been a sweat bucket then!

4. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    This is most interesting. I've been speculating about this "force smell" ability for some time now. How else do you think Qui-Gon sensed Darth Maul on Tatooine? From all of my conclusions, the smell is what made Qui-Gon and Anakin start running in the first place.

It's so wonderful that we are going to be able to explore this power more in the forthcoming episode!! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.