main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New force power in Ep 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthTickle, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    In every episode, there has been at least one new Force power. Is there a new one in Ep 3? I can't think of anything. Some of the Force powers as they were introduced in each movie:

Ep 4- Lots. Force guidance (Luke on the Falcon with the remote and later with the Death Star), mind trick, noisemaking (when Obi-Wan makes the noise to distract the stormies on the DS and Krayt-dragon noisemaking), healing, disappearing and speaking from beyond the grave

Ep 5- Telekinesis, seeing the future, superhuman jumping

Ep 6- Lightning, mind reading

Ep 1- Superhuman speed, Force push

Ep 2- Lightning absorbtion and reflection

Ep 3- ???

2. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Maybe Mace using Vaapad to protect himself from the Emperor.

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Staying "alive" as a ghost after death.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Making the noise of the Krayt dragon isn't a force power. At least not in my opinion. He gained that from observing them and practicing it.

-Seldon

5. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, depending on the theory one supports...planting dreams in the mind of another individual? Creating life by manipulating the midiclorians?

How about making your face look like an evil California Raisin?

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'd say 'tossing giant senate pods around like beach balls' is a pretty fearsome new power...

7. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    goodfellas- I meant more in terms of what we've seen before from the other five movies, not in terms of what's new in the saga.

stormcloud- Yeah, but we've seen things hurled about before, just not so much and so big.

I thought of something, though. We've seen people "force pushed" in Eps 1 and 2, but not the Jedi Outcast-style "force choke and suspend in mid-air". We hadn't seen anyone lifted that way in the saga yet. Pretty cool power.

The "dream inplantation" idea is pretty cool, too.

8. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    How about 'toss a Jedi Master a country mile out your window?'

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    We saw that albeit to a far lesser extent at the beginning of the AOTC duel.

10. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    How about b**** slapping Imperial Guards up against a wall?

Seriously, the Emperor does something to Anakin by the lava river. He instantly puts him to sleep with the hand over the forehead. That's new.

p.s. You forgot blocking laser bolts with your bare hand (no lightsaber) in Ep V.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm not sure they could have created another Force power without making it stupid.

I agree that the closest we saw is Obi-Wan being Force choked AND levitated by Dooku, and thrown across the room.

We did get to see different saber styles (Mace, Sidious, Grievous, and Obi-Wan and Anakin have slightly different styles) than in the other films.

And I really enjoyed the use of the Force in ROTS. Nothing like seeing some desperate Jedi and Sith to bring some sweet sweet Force action.

This movie was, shall I say it, more like Jedi Outcast, in that it was how I always thought the Jedi would fight.

12. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    What's Vaapad? Mace was just serving the emperor's behind, I didnt see anything that was a new force power there.....

Mr. P

13. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    the emperor at the lava river is not new -- GL says in "The Making of RotS" that it is supposed to mimic what obi-wan does to luke in ANH after the tusken attack.

the dream thing seems likely.

the disappearing act with qui-gon a good candidate.

but what about anakin keeping himself alive using the dark side?

14. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Vappad is Mace's sbaer style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.