main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Force Powers in TFA, Ep8 or Ep9?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SearchForBalance, Dec 31, 2015.

1. SearchForBalance

SearchForBalance Jedi Padawan

Sep 15, 2014
    I was thinking about the scene of Rey's vision(s) and also being interrogated by Kylo Ren. I wondered if we'd see any new force powers in this new trilogy. I know the EU is scrap material but I always liked the idea of "Flow Walking" and wondered if Rey's visions could be an interpretation of such a power?

2. Vanthorne_OX

Vanthorne_OX Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Very very possible with Luke finding this ancient Jedi Temple and with the First Order rising out of the ashes from the Empire that was sent out to the Outer Rim and potentially beyond, that both sides may have uncovered "new" "old" secrets.

3. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    New Force Powers in TFA

--Stopping a plasma bolt in midair
    --Immobilizing an opponent with only one motion

Feel free to add more

4. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    Rey's powers seem like Quinlan Vos' past-viewing ability to me. But more weaponized, a sort of "Force learning" if you will.

But more than individual powers, one of the things I think we should embrace is that Force powers are more "stepless" in nature than they were often to shown to be in RPGs and the like. Where one side gets Force Pull, but Force Choke is a completely different thing. The Force is not a bulleted list of discrete powers. Yes different people have different abilities, but there's small variation, shadings.

Look at the different ways people defend against Force lightning. Obi-Wan can block it with his saber, but it dead-ends there. Mace reflects it back with his saber. Yoda can block it barehanded by... storing it and releasing it harmlessly, it looks like? There's not one Force push; there are many. There's not one way to have a vision; there are many.