main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series New Force Powers & Other Force Feats in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This is thread is for discussing what the title of the thread says. (See how that works?)

TCW has had quite a few Force powers on display we've never seen before that I've really enjoyed. The Force has always been my favorite thing about Star Wars because I love the mystique of it, so I've been really into all this stuff. Some may spark debate because I definitely count all the Dathomir-witch and Mortis stuff. Here are some examples.

Undefined dark side experiments on Force-sensitive babies in Children of the Force:

[​IMG]

A triple Jedi Mind Trick, which Mace says if not done properly can "destroy" one's mind also in Children of the Force:

[​IMG]

Some kind of interdimensional Force-being can extinguish a lightsaber with his hand in Overlords:

[​IMG]

Force-witches on Dathomir cast a Force-spell for partial invisibility in Nightsisters:

[​IMG]

Mother Talzin does some kind of wicked Force-blast in Massacre:

[​IMG]

Mother Talzin poisons Darth Tyranus and literally rips him apart with the Force, also in Massacre:

[​IMG]

Darth Maul is in TCW because he used the dark side of the Force to survive otherwise fatal wounds:

[​IMG]

In the S5 youngling arc, we see the full lightsaber construction ritual, which involves using the Force:

[​IMG]

There are also a ton of Force feats in TCW that aren't new, but I still can't get enough of it. More examples.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is able to mind-control beasts in Innocents of Ryloth, making a clone say "unbelievable":

[​IMG]

Mace Windu uses the Force to shatter and break whatever material this is in Liberty on Ryloth:

[​IMG]

Anakin Skywalker takes a moment to concentrate before using the Force to rip apart and pull down a massive underwater structure in Gungan Attack:

[​IMG]

Obi-Wan Kenobi lifts up and crushes two battle droids in Kidnapped:

[​IMG]

Darth Maul uses the Force to throw a spaceship of a ledge in Revival:

[​IMG]

Feel free to discuss anything related to new Force powers and other Force feats in TCW here!

Saga Explorer, Sitara, Seerow and 2 others like this.
  2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Unfortunately, the power of Force Repel Buyouts was unsuccessful...

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This was done in The Old Republic in the opening cinematic in the Satele Shan vs. Darth Malgus duel. I know the game was released after 'Overlords', but I think the opening cinematic was shown before it.

[​IMG]

And another one was Anakin force pushing the Buzz Droids off of his ship in 'Sabotage' through the window.

[​IMG]

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    In Escape From Kadavo, when the Queen's allies turn on her and Anakin has to rescue her, he grabs her and does a few huge Force-leaps, eventually crashing through a window to get outside. Swashbuckling Force feat!

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    In Wrong Jedi, Anakin is able to half force choke, force push, and pin Barriss all at the same time. Does that count?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh hell yes, Seerow.

In Nightsisters, Ventress Force-chokes like 4+ people at once! It sucks not being able to find pictures for some of these.

Seerow likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Two powers here in this pic. 1. Behind the back blaster deflection while doing a one handed back handspring. 2. Tube top held in place by the Force, preventing slippage.
    [​IMG]

Here we have Force controlled ripped tights, preventing them from ripping fully.
    [​IMG]

Ventress quadruple Force choke:
    [​IMG]

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm not gonna say how long I spent looking for that, or ask how the hell you found it, just: ^:)^

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was going to mention Ventress choking multiple people at once...while injured. Ninja'd by Brian and Tarkas. :cool:

The Nightsisters were lame as hell in the EU and have turned out to be pretty awesome in TCW, combining the Force with old-fashioned sorcery in ways that are really interesting.

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Yes, I'd say it's the same Force Grip that Anakin uses to pick up the Emperor in RotJ and toss him down that pit.
    I believe these powers are on the level of over-the-top Force Unleashed level powers.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The Shadow Emperor

Savage appears to be using a Force Repulse, which was done by Mace Windu on Dantooine (microseries) and by Galen Marek in TFU.

[​IMG]

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I found it directly on StarWars.com.

Mother Talzin certainly does have a plethora of Force powers not available to other people. Like when she restored Darth Maul's body and mind to their previous state and constructed him a pair of legs:

[​IMG]

Or when she led the Nightsisters in a dark ritual to buff up Savage Opress and ensure his loyalty to her coven:

[​IMG]

She also posses the most convenient Force power in the galaxy: transforming into mist and teleporting herself away:

[​IMG]

Additionally we have Old Daka and her...y'know...very unique ability:

[​IMG]

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    All great examples of Force powers never seen on-screen before TCW, thanks The Shadow Emperor! The Force-reanimated-undead is probably my favorite from that group. And I love how special of an event the episode portrayed it as, this is clearly a Force power that gets used very, very rarely.

Seerow and darklordoftech like this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if it ties into Palpatine's comments on "unnatural" darkside abilities.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    If only this were done with some dead Ewoks. Clones mowing down zombie teddy bears would have been awesome. <<;

18. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    In an "Ask Dave Filoni" segment, he mentions that Orphne's ability to separate into smaller particles of light and reform comes from the force or is a different type of force ability, similar to the different way the Nightsisters use the force.

19. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    I know its not much more than a simple force grip, but I always loved it when Anakin would pull droids who were several feet away onto his outstretched lightsaber.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Didn't think of that, very cool. For those who may not remember, that's from the S4 episode Mercy Mission.

Starts out:
    [​IMG]

Turns into:
    [​IMG]

Definitely a new and unique Force power for on-screen Star Wars.

21. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    You know, maybe there is a special pet Ewok cemetery on Endor.;)

I'm not sure about the zombie nightsisters, though. They remind me too much of "The Mummy".

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    That's nothing new - seeing as Vader survived being delimbed, lit on fire and having his lungs scorched and survived due to his "hatred for Kenobi."

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "Kept alive only by machinery and his own black will..." was the phrase used in the RoTJ novel.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    You're right, I should have caught that since I said it so much while debating his comeback. Darth Maul was driven mad by it while Darth Vader wasn't, but at best it's different versions/degrees of the same power.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I had a fan squeal when Windu used shatterpoint on Ryloth, I'll admit.