main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series New Force Powers & Other Force Feats in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Nah the original Clone Wars Cartoon had super jumps already. Mace did some absurd ones.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    So then we can call this power Force Brain Bender. Sounds real darkside which is food for thought. Imagine if Barriss would have cited this incident in her rant if she'd ever found out about it.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Is there an "anchor your feet to the surface under you like they're bolted down" Force power that we've heard nothing of? In Sabotage Ahsoka exited the cockpit of her fighter and stood on the wing in the face of an airstream that really should have blown her off instantly. The fighters were still going at least a couple hundred mph by that point.

Hmm... Plo Koon's unprotected EVA in Rising Malevolence. "I can withstand it for a brief time". Is that supposed to be something Force-aided, or something to do with Kel Dor physiology? I can buy the mask having some on-board air in addition to its normal filtration duties... but there must be more than just the mask keeping him alive. A simple air supply to the face wouldn't be enough to keep a human alive in hard vacuum.

Also, the clones shouldn't have been able to hear him talking. I suppose this is easy enough to explain away by saying he obviously has a radio inside the mask.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Seemed to work for Han, Leia, and Chewie, inside an open-mouthed space slug on an asteroid- but I've seen it argued that the Falcon was projecting a force field to keep the area around it in pressure.

5. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Star Wars never has bothered with the laws of physics in the movies or TV shows. That's Star Trek's territory, and even then...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I am not sure there is good explanation for how that works unless it involves magnetism. If she was use standard telekinesis then it boil down to the force of the wind vs force the wing can actually with stand.

7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I believe it is even older as a concept, I think Corran Horn does it in the novel I, jedi.

8. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    There is a scene in Landing at Point Rain when Ahsoka and Anakin toss Rex off of a dam-like fort that is going to explode, then sky-dive off the dam after him and beat him to the bottom, both use the Force to slow their descent at the bottom and touch down easily, and then with no time to spare use the Force to halt Rex's descent before he goes splat. Rex remarks dryly "You could have just said jump". I wish i could get a screen pic of it, but I always liked that on-screen depiction of their use of the Force and always thought it was a reasonable Force power (though wondered why Yoda didn't do that at the end of ROTS when he fell off the Chancellor's podium).

9. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I think TCW showed more clearly that the Force is a multipurpose tool, less about specific techniques and more about how each character interacts with it as an individual. I've always thought the idea of regimented "Force Powers" was videogamey and silly.

Count Yubnub and Darth_Pevra like this.
  10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    How many characters are actually confirmed to have that ability anyway? It makes me wonder.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd assume Vader could probably do something like that. He stopped blaster bolts with his hand, that's similar.

Darth_Pevra and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Even though that can be seen as similar, I don't see how it's the same.

13. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah absorbing a few blaster bolts is quite different from being able to block a lightsaber for a good period of time with your bare hands. I mean they might be in the same class but the lightsaber block is fare more impressive.

14. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Not only block it, but extinguish it too (which has to be one of the most impressive force abilities).

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Force "no bones ever break". How many times in TCW did some Jedi get one almighty smash or fall or hit something at an awkward angle and never ever receive a broken bone.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

17. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

Skaddix, Vader unlike the others in not doing that with Bare hands though as he by ESB did not have his original flesh and blood hands anymore.

You are right it appears at least according to wookiepedia that they are classifying it as the same class of power.

They List as being able to perform the feat as:
    Luke
    Corran Horn
    Vader/Anakin(this has not been depicted all the time as being a force power in some media it is vaders gloves that allow him to do this)
    Obi-wan
    Jacen Solo
    Yoda
    the three force beings on Mortis as per the above picture
    Galen Marek/starkiller for the force unleashed game: both original and clone
    Revan and revan's descendants
    Darth Krayt from the Legacy comics
    and a few more

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

There were a few times there with Obi-wan I was pretty sure he was dealing with some broken ribs.

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure everything that happened to Obi Wan in TCW was nothing compared to that fall he took in ROTS.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I think its fair to say all the physical trauma will never compare to the mental scars. Force mind numb could be a more useful power.

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    [​IMG]
    ROTJ does not agree with you... :p

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Don't forget the Force field that Talzin casted around herself, too.

As far as the Nightwitches are concerned, it's possible that whatever that green chemical they use has a lot to do with their power too, and It's probably only found on Dathomir.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    When we create threads like these bear in mind that the novels and comics from both Marvel and Dark Horse have instances of super force abilities. The only thing that both the micro and regular series did was show them in an animated state. Thats all. Dorsk 81 pushed half way across the galaxy 17 Imperial Class 2 Star Destroyers with the force. Yeah, he dies, but he did it. Naga Sadow while escaping from the Republic used a buncgh of cyrstals and caused a collapse of a star to Darth Bane activating his lightsaber and deflecting every single rain drop and not letting any rain touch his body. You can't say it didn't happen, its star wars

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    One of my threads has survived! Hooray!

I wasn't happy when I first saw the video with that girl (not sure if it's Bastila) grabbing the lightsaber like the Father...and I'm still not. Only the Force-wielders can do that! Can't count that in my canon.