main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series New Force Powers & Other Force Feats in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    It's really not anything new lol just absorbing energy taken to a higher level. Also Satele did that trick with the lightsaber before the Ones ever did anyways.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I feel like if the average Force-user can do that it defeats the point of lightsaber duels. It would be smarter to not ignite one's lightsaber and just grab the other person's blade.

3. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

The average Force User can't do that though! That average Force User isn't even shown absorbing energy to begin with.

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    But Satele wasn't an average Force-user. She was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. The Yoda of her time.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh, well that changes the story, I don't really have a problem with that. But what about the chick from TOR video?

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That was Satele.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    KenobiSkywalker Oh...looked like Bastila to me. Thanks for telling me and having patience with me! Are there any other Jedi or Sith that were able to do this according to current canon?

8. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

She should look like Bastilla lol she's related to her. In terms of the lightsaber trick, I suppose any Jedi or Force User that can absorb energy can do this if they're skilled enough, but I don't think any others have. However, it all falls under absorbing different types of energy, and you have to decide if stopping a lightsaber is the highest form of it. Corran Horn absorbed the energy from a number of explosions and survived. Starkiller absorbed the energy from an actual bolt of lightning and used it against Vader.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    DarthJenari I'm not familiar with some of those examples and I don't necessarily count everything that's supposed to be the official canon at any given time in my own personal canon, but thanks a lot for the thorough explanation and correcting my spelling of Bastilla's name.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    During that same duel discussed above, one of the Republic soldiers detonates a grenade basically in Darth Malgus' face. It does diddly squat to him.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The soldier was knocked unconscious, but was also eventually able to get up and walk away, IIRC.

12. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

No prob lol and I actually didn't even notice you'd misspelled her name.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  13. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

Force ghost ;

Sith sorcery ;

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    IMHO, it's nothing new; I would compare it to Vader absorbing Han's blasters bolts.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Marco1907 thanks a lot for contributing to the thread! The one time I thought to update this thread for The Lost Missions the search function was down so I couldn't find this thread. Those are some great examples. There's also some stuff from the Mace Windu/Mother Talzin arc that showed some things with the Force we've never seen before, I'll post those sometime if no one else does before me.

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Right. Both the two-part Bardotta arc and the Yoda arc gave us glimpses of new Force powers we haven't seen up until now.

Notably:

[​IMG]
    Mother Talzin summons a flaming green blade consisting solely of spirit ichor, yet another one of the Nightsister's Allyan magicks.

[​IMG]
    Not so much a new Force power, but this device constructed upon the Stix Ziggurat on Zardossa harnesses the Living Force from an imprisoned victim (Queen Julia), and using the power of the eclipsing star, transfers it upon the green sphere that Talzin uses to ultimately achieve a power "greater than any Sith or Jedi".

Destiny revealed to us so many uses of the Force by the five Priestesses that we'd never seen before, like the Priestess of Serenity springing forth life upon stepping on the ground, and killing a plant just by merely touching it; power over life and death that even Darth Plagueis could only dream of.

[​IMG]
    Midi-chlorians appear as brilliant beams of yellow light emerging from geysers deep within the Force planet.

[​IMG]
    Each priestess can take the form of a bright yellow sphere, and levitate at will.

[​IMG]
    Even if they are merely illusions created by the Priestesses, the Sith spirits that appear on Moraband give us the first instance of non-Jedi appearing in form visible even after death. Ditto for Darth Bane's spirit. Interesting that the OS episode guide calls them "undead Sith", further emphasizing how different they are from Jedi Force ghosts; the Sith refuse to accept death, and if they even do return, do so as powerless spirits, while the Jedi embrace it, and a chosen few can return to existence as Force ghosts, with the ability to affect reality, i.e. Qui-Gon Jinn levitating Yoda and the chairs in the Grand Master's meditation chamber, as well as blowing out numerous candles.

[​IMG]
    We see Sidious and Tyranus making use of Sith sorcery for the first time in TCW, as well as Sidious chanting an incantation in the ancient Sith language (or "Balc tongue"):

"Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Jiaasjen Jidai, jiassjen Jidai!"

It involves the use of blood from one close to the victim, in this case the blood of Dooku due to the fact he was Yoda's former apprentice, and subsequent use of Force lightning on the basin from which the sorcery is performed. This "spell" allows the Sith to wield the power of dark illusion, which creates an illusory state that appears real to even a powerful Jedi Master like Yoda.

There are certainly more examples, but these are the ones most notable to me that I was able to find images of on the OS.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks a lot for getting us started with some great examples from The Lost Missions Circular Logic!! I was watching The Lost One the other day, and since there is so much going on in that episode this was the first time it really sunk in with me that Anakin and Obi-Wan do a kind of team-up Force-jump where Obi-Wan uses the Force to propel Anakin even higher into the air than he went in Kidnapped when he Force-jumped off a mid-air hopping scout walker. It's gotta be the highest Force-jump of the series and on-screen SW. I cannot find a picture for it unfortunately but it looks pretty amazing.

So the list of super-crazy-high Force-jumps I started on page two of this thread now looks something like this:
    • The beginning of Padawan Lost when Plo Koon Force-jumps to lead some jet-packed clone troopers.
    • Towards the end of Kidnapped when Anakin and Ahsoka leap off their pre-AT-ST's to catch the spaceship of the fleeing Darts D'Nar.
    • The very beginning of Deception when Anakin and Obi-Wan are chasing the real Rako Hardeen.
    • Almost at the very end of the The Lost One when Obi-Wan uses the Force from the ground to assist Anakin's Force-jump as they chase Darth Tyranus.
    Can anybody think of any other crazy Force-jumps in TCW? I would not be surprised if I'm forgetting some.

Here's a few other snapshots I am particularly fond of from The Lost Missions (I came across in my attempt to find a picture of the team-up Force-jump):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I realize Yoda being with the Whills Priestesses is technically not a Force power or feat, but they're on the planet where midichlorians originate from, and Yoda was selected for this experience because of how strong in the Force he is, so I say close enough.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Weren't there some fairly big jumps when Ahsoka was fleeing from the clones in Season 5's final arc?

And maybe from Quinlan Vos & Obi-Wan when chasing Darth Bane.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Iron_lord I think you're definitely right about The Jedi Who Knew Too Much, I'll check out Hunt for Ziro when I get home, thanks!

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks to some good tips from Iron_lord here is an updated list of super-crazy-high Force-jumps in TCW:
    • In the middle of Hunt for Ziro, presumably for the sake of speed while chasing down Cad Bane, Quinlan Vos takes a huge leap and Obi-Wan follows suit to keep up.
    • The beginning of Padawan Lost when Plo Koon Force-jumps while leading some jet-packed clone troopers.
    • Towards the end of Kidnapped when Anakin and Ahsoka leap off their mid-air proto-AT-ST's to catch the spaceship of the fleeing Darts D'Nar.
    • The very beginning of Deception when Anakin and Obi-Wan are chasing the real Rako Hardeen.
    • Towards the end of The Jedi Who Knew Too Much when Ahsoka is running from the clone troopers and Anakin.
    • Almost at the very end of the The Lost One when Obi-Wan uses the Force from the ground to at least double the height of Anakin's Force-jump as they chase Darth Tyranus.

I also realized there are some examples of the Force being used to help someone survive a jump down from a height that definitely would have normally killed them:
    • About 2/3 through Landing at Point Rain Anakin and Ahsoka use the Force to help themselves and Rex survive a fall from the top of an insanely high exploding wall.
    • In the very beginning of Hunt for Ziro Quinlan Vos jumps down a great length from a clone trooper gunship in the sky.
    • Ahsoka jumps down from a statue I would say is at least several stories tall to launch the chase sequence about 2/3 through The Jedi Who Knew Too Much.

Anybody got any other ones I missed for either category?

Circular Logic likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Sidious, Maul, and Savage all survive a long drop undamaged during their duel in The Lawless.

Vialco and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Iron_lord good call, I think there may be one in Revival as well, and come to think of it I should also check out the other episodes in the S4 slaver arc because I think there may be more there as well.

Anybody got any other ideas? I'm checking all these before adding them to the list so if you're not sure about it, don't hesitate to throw it out there anyway.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The way Sidious somersaults in mid-air after Savage throws him off the balcony is pretty awesome, and the way that Sidious just gestures and pulls the brothers down with him was even better.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Another really cool new Force feat we got from The Lost Missions was in the form of the Bardottans draining the Living Force from people, concentrating it in these green balls that looked just like Mother Talzin's powers, and trying to get them to her. It finally provided real evidence that Mother Talzin's powers are derived from the Force.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is true there is some dialogue - mostly from Talzin - that makes it seem a little ambiguous whether these green orbs, Talzin's powers, and the Force are all the same thing, but it is also true that there is dialogue which, unless the characters speaking are just wrong in-universe, would make it logically necessary that that is in fact the case. Multiple sources confirm in both episodes that the green balls are Living Force incarnate created by draining the Living Force from people which, in addition to it looking like Talzin's powers always do and them trying to get it to her, creates a strong foundation for the case. The few pieces of contrary evidence are easily explained. I believe there are two, and they refer to combining the Living Force in the orb with Talzin's powers. This wording may possibly give the impression that the Living Force and Talzin's powers are two different things, but that is never a necessary implication of the wording. If you have some x and get more, you are adding one to the other or combining the two sets of the same thing. It doesn't have to be worded redundantly (i.e. "combining this Force with that Force") in order to work, Talzin's powers as a term may refer to the Living Force she has already accrued and that would fit all the dialogue just fine. Just like when she says "I am not a natural Force-wielder like the Jedi or Sith" you can look at it as emphasizing "I am not a natural Force-user like the Jedi or Sith" (at all) or as "I am not a natural Force-user like the Jedi or Sith" (but could be some other kind). Again, it is never necessarily implied that the former interpretation is the only valid one. There is no wording that makes it logically necessary that Talzin does not use the Force, but there is wording that makes it logically necessary that she does - once again assuming the characters' dialogue is not simply wrong in-universe.

The very same object sought by Talzin that the Bardottans and Jedi say is made of pure "Living Force," Talzin refers to as the "Living Sphere." This proves Talzin has uses for the power of the Force but does not like to call it that - she has her own nomenclature for what the Jedi and Sith refer to as the Force, using the Force, and Force-powers and it doesn't include the term "the Force" but still can use what the Jedi and Sith (and viewers) would call "the Force" all the same. There is never any direct dialogue regarding whether and how often Talzin has done this type of thing before, so in my opinion the fact that the "Living Sphere" looks like its made of exactly the same stuff as all Talzin's powers we've seen is the best piece of evidence on the subject, and it points directly to all her powers coming from pure Living Force.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Another idea for a huge jump down made possible by the Force to potentially add to the above list would be in The Mandalore Plot when Obi-Wan jumps with Satine down a shaft to get away from the Death Watch. Anybody remember that? Think it's big enough to qualify?