main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Forum: Fan Sites

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kadue, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I'd just like to announce that we've added another forum to the Fan Activities category, called Fan Sites.

This forum is there to allow for the exchange of ideas to do with website design, and provide a place for people with an interest in website design/creation to discuss and get to know other people with the same interest.

Anyone who is interested, please head over and have a look, taking care to read the Welcome thread, and the rules on advertising in the Index thread.

2. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Do they have to be Star Wars sites?

I mean, I have a site running that is for my icons, and hosts about oh, 50+ JC users webpages, would that count?

3. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting...

But now what will we use sigs for?

4. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    In terms of listing your site, and direct discussion/asking for specific help, yes, it does have to be SW related.

But that doesn't mean that you can't take part in say a discussion over which of the free hosting places online is better because of what they offer and then use as an example a site you have hosted that isn't SW related. It's just that specific discussion should relate to SW fan sites, similar to how Fan Fic, Fan Art, and Fan Films all focus on the SW side of those areas.

5. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Miscellanious spam, I suppose. ;)

But Kadue, is my site eligible?

6. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Yeah, it is. :)

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Sexy. :)

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah, I don't really have a SW site anymore but I'd be happy to give tips on website making and services to others :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I do not particually like this idea.

I do not.

Nonetheless, I've already added it to my favorites and will probably be hanging out there quite a lot.

Are mini-tutorial/theme threads allowed on non-HTML topics: SHTML, PHP, DHTML, and such?

¤Night

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "Are mini-tutorial/theme threads allowed on non-HTML topics: SHTML, PHP, DHTML, and such?"

I'm pretty sure. After all, those can be helpful in designing a website.

11. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I must say I like this idea. :)

12. Anti_Force

Anti_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    I also like this idea of yours Kadue :D

13. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I think this is a fantabulous idea as well, Kadue. ;)

14. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Oh, sure. Give Kadue all the credit. [face_plain]

:p

15. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Oh, sure. Give Kadue all the credit.

If you say so.

Thank you Kadue! Muy Muy I love you! ;)

Why don't you like it Night?

16. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Credit should go where credit is due. Max was the one that brought this idea to the rest of MS, and then the five of us that are listed for the forum hashed out the ideas and came up with a proposal that Josh couldn't refuse. ;)

17. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Why don't you like it Night?

I feel part of it is going to be a lot of "CHECK UOT MY SIGHt!". I feel an also large amount of it is going to be "I like your site" or "I don't like it".

Additionally, I think a better tool would have been a directory of sites on TFN that you can add sites to, get approval by "mods" or "editors", and then it goes into a list bu different categories. A simple PHP/SQL setup that I'm sure is possible because of Fan Fic's setup.

¤Night

18. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I feel part of it is going to be a lot of "CHECK UOT MY SIGHt!". I feel an also large amount of it is going to be "I like your site" or "I don't like it".

This has been anticipated and considered, and I believe it will be stopped if it does start to happen.

19. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hey, I like this idea a lot! :) I'm interested in website design, but don't know too much HTML. Just enough to get by. I think this forum will be great! :D Thanks to Kadue and all others involved. :)

JPK

20. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    Who would have thought I was a pushover?

Josh

21. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Great idea, guys! :)

22. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Aaahhh finally, FirstStarWars will finally have a place he can shamelessly advertise - oops, I meant, discuss - his website.

This should be a nice addition to the forums. The JC is now your one-stop shopping center for all your movie/relationship/mafia game/basher-gusher/spam/website building needs ;)

23. yodalover

yodalover Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2002
    OK everybody,... I know I'm in the wrong thread to ask this bu I'm kinda in a hurry and I don't have time to look around...
    this question is quite elementary but I can't find the answer so here goes...

Why is Mace Windu's saber a pink/purplish color? Like in the battle arena... all you see is red and blue and out pops maces and it's nothing we've ever seen before....
    I know it's stupid but I gotta know.

...and pleaqse dont reply that jackson smply wanted it purple... I knowtheres a star wars reason behind it

24. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    As far as I know Jackson wanted purple.

Also, this is the secon time (that I've seen) where you've gone into a random topic and done this. Please, don't do it anymore.

¤Night

25. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Actually, from what I can tell, EVERY one of this guy's posts has been that question.

EDIT: However, I'm glad that his post lead to upping this thread, as I really think this is a good addition to the forums. (fora?)

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.