main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA New from the Burgh

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mobius-Won, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobius-Won

Mobius-Won Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all. I'm new to the board, and from Pittsburgh, I live in Moon. Anyone else?

My name is Mike

2. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Mike... A big hearty welcome to the board! Glad to have you with us!

How long you been a Star Wars fan? What kind of stuff do you dig: collecting? gaming? costuming? trivia?

As the little thingy under my avatar notes, I'm the current Pittsburgh FF, and if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to sling them my way.

Here's to hoping you'll stick around and let us get to know you better. (I think you'll find we're a friendly bunch of folks.) Thanks for posting!

Doesn't live in Moon,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Actually, lives out by Monroeville.

3. Mobius-Won

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks Ben,

Been a fan for a long time. Since i was a little kid. I remember seeing ROTJ in the theaters.

I just collect a few things, a coulpe toys that i've kept since i was a kid. and some of the new ones.

I like playing the games too...I just beat Jedi Academy, and playing it my second time around. I'm waiting for Knights of the Old Republic to come out on PC. You know when that is?

4. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Mike... I just checked GameSpot, and it says it comes out the 18th of this month. I actually thought it was sometime in February, so that goes to show how much I've been paying attention. Guess I'll be able to play it sooner than expected.

Let's give it up for being oblivious,
    Yours Truly

5. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Welcome to the club!

6. Mobius-Won

Nov 3, 2003
    NICE!!!!

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome!

We are having a get together at my place on Friday to watch the Clone Wars cartoon, eat and play some Epic Duels (the official board game of the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh ;) ) You are very welcome to join us if you like. Just PM me for directions. :)

8. Mobius-Won

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks for the offer, but i've got plans for friday already...but i'm taping the cartoon (all 5 minutes of it)

9. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Welcome, Mobius-Won :)

10. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Hello and Welcome from another Mike!

11. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Welcome to our little niche in the Universe.

If you need any help finding any SW toys let me know. I somewhat of the resident expert here for that.

Welcome again.

12. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Welcome mike!

13. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Welcome! I'm from a city far, far away (New Castle, about 45 mi North of Pitt.)

14. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Hi Mike... welcome to the board. If you need any help with props, I can probably help... especially if its jedi related.

Chris

15. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    hello and welcome....will you be my friend?

16. Mobius-Won

Nov 3, 2003
    damn...there's alot of people welcoming me...lol

how many new people do you get here?

sure Stina-Cri i'll be your friend.

Thank you all...

17. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
  18. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

As posted by Mobius-Won...
    how many new people do you get here? (emphasis mine)

Mobius... We don't pick up all that many new folks too terribly often. Every once in a while, someone will float on in, post a little bit and kind of fade away. Having new folks actually stick around and become active members tends to occur even less often, though.

However, we do have a sturdy foundation of good people, and here's to hoping you elect to hang around and become one of them, Mike.

Cheers,
    Yours Truly

19. Mobius-Won

Nov 3, 2003
    well i think i'll be hangin around for a while. anyone from pgh looking for a padawan?

20. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    yay i have a friend that brings the count up to one!!!!!!!!!!!

Your profile says your 24...padawans here are usually 18 or under...you can take a padawan at 21.

21. Mobius-Won

Nov 3, 2003
    I see! Even if your new like me, I can take a padawan??

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hmmmm, I think you should face at least a trivia challenge. (I'm big on trivia, just ask around.)

Oh yeah, there are some established guidelines for this that apply to the would-be knight as well.

For the padawan to become a knight you must attend at least 3 meetings/events within the past six months, be an active poster on the message boards and then the extra fun stuff. We have a small list of "to do's".

The padawan can choose (I think 3 or 4) from the following:

Challenge a master to a game-Their choosing, doesn't have to be SW but it's more connected to this if the game is SW related.

Build your own prop-If your a jedi then a saber or something Jedi like. If your more of the Imperial kind then a blaster or again something an imperial would use.

Write a back story-This entails you writing a small story (just a couple of paragraphs-novel not needed) about who and what you would be if you exhisted in the SW universe. Not a main character mind you, but a made up one. For instance, I'm an Ithorian (Hammerhead) Jedi Master named Sal'Mon Clectoro

Plan an event-Plan some event for instance the Halloween party, a night at D&B's (cool eats and video game place), club picnic, and so on.

Choreographed saber fight-rather self explanatory, but this is between you and a master. If your the padawan then YOUR master.

Trivia challenge: self explanatory. Although if you have a specific interest such as NJO or the OT then let us know and that's what you would be "quizzed" on.

So there you have it. Most of this is really easy to attain. Just post once in awhile (maintain a reasonable presence on the boards), and come to club events.

The story, game and prop are pretty easy to fufill.

If you want to take on a padawan, first we must feel comfortable with that as well as the prospective padawan and MOST importantly the parents must be comfortable as well. In fact we have made it mandatory for prospective Knight/Padawan or Master/padawan pairings to be approved by the parent with a face-to-face meeting. this is for safety sake of course.

Anything else you'd like to know about this "program" within our group, please feel free to ask.

-Sal

23. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    hey welcome

24. Mobius-Won

Nov 3, 2003
    I think i'll wait a while for a padawan then...lol

too much involvement for the moment.

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Oh, that wasn't meant as a deterent. That was in hopes that you'd join us fully. Your not required to be a part of the Padawan program to be a member. This was really set-up to be a sort-of mentoring thing.

Basically an older member helps out a younger one if they need a ride to our club events and along the way the two interact. Both learning more about SW and getting closer to what the whole Master/Padawan thing is all about. It becomes at least a little more real that way, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.