main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Galactic Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kuna_Tiori, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You must also remember, that 2 of the fleets there (2end and 5th) were getting repairs done from their last battle against the Yuuzhan Vong.

-Bravo

2. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Ahh yes, the classified fleets weren't they?

3. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Requesting transfer of Fire's Ice to Mon Maria Fleet :)

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sorry Zaarin, but the Fire's Ice has been stationed at Sullust by DarthSeti5. If you want a transfur, please talk to DarthSeti5.

Reminder:

I need all locations of all fleets and fleet commanders by tonight or Friday night. Remember to post your fleet number. I need to give a new member a fleet, and give some other Fleet Commanders some more fleets ASAP.

Rank Promotion:

Rank Promotions will come ASAP.

FID:

Yes, those two fleets were the classified fleets (2end and 5th).

(Edit: Add on)

5. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Yes, the Fire's Ice is acting as trafic control and general coordination platform at Sullust so we don't have to set up a big, bulky, and most of all, expensive space station at our temporary captial. When we get settled, I'll move the Fire's Ice back into service.

6. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Also, I'm moving the Olympus Station (and all accompanying forces) back to Sullust, from its current location at Bakura.

I also have two motions/bills. The first is: all shipyards will start pumping MC90's and ASD's like mad.

Second one is to start a Jedi Search. (Like in the novel Jedi Search).

Both these bills will have until 4:17 PM board time, March 24 to hear objections. In that time, if everything has been resolved, the bills will go into effect.

7. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Profile:

Character Type: PC
    Name: Ken (last name is not public knowledge and is only known to family and close friends)
    Core Name: None
    Nickname: just Ken (duh)
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Languages: Basic, Sullustan (understand but not speak), Rodian, and some other languages where he only knows vulgarity ;)
    House: Just my family, we're not like dukes or nobles or anything
    Affiliation: New Republic
    --Job Type: Commander-in-chief and administrator of the military, ground forces commander, NR strategist/tactician
    --Unit/Ship Rank: Various ground units/vehicles/weapons. Is affiliated with the Imperial II Star Destroyer Warhawk.
    --Code Name: None
    --Weapons: Upgraded DLT-20C blaster rifle and DL-45 blaster pistol
    Personal Ship's name: Antiga, modified CEC YT-2800 Light Freighter
    --Weapons: 1 medium quad laser cannon, 1 heavy quad laser cannon, 1 concussion missile launcher (8 missiles), 2 proton torpedo launchers (8 torpedoes), 1 ion cannon, 1 tractor beam
    --Size: approx. 35 m (?)
    --Passengers: Ken, several droid workers
    --Crew: Same as passengers
    --Cargo Capacity: Unknown
    --Engine: Sublight engines fast as T-65 X-wing, Class One hyperdrive
    --Package: The weaponry, engines, shields, and armor are all add-ons, and I modified the interior to my needs.
    Personality: Devoted, law-abiding, a bit "whiney", resourceful, determined, idealistic, bad temper
    Appearance: Short hair, no facial hair, small with a slight build, not especially strong physically
    Skills: Great with a blaster, can fire fast and accurate. Also good with a vibroknife. A great shot. Cunning and careful commander.
    Force: No
    History: Born on the Imperial central/capital world of Coruscant, Ken has had a good deal of exposure to Imperial politics and platforms and hated it. After graduation from the Imperial Academy at Carida at age 21, he attended the two-year Imperial War College and graduated at age 23. He then joined the Rebellion and reached the rank of General by age 29. He was promoted to High General due to a vacancy in the Rebel ranks.
    Ken went on to serve in many battles on many worlds, including Bespin, Varonat, Clak'dor, and Bilbringi, where he was captured by Imperial forces. He opened preliminary negotiations with Grand Admiral Jello for a peace treaty between the two groups. After the peace treaty was signed Ken was released and subsequently prepared for war against the Yuuzhan Vong threat, winning a smashing victory at Bimmiel. It was also during this time that he was promoted to Warlord and Commander-in-Chief of the Military. He was removed from command unexplicably, however, by President Yarlik following the Rebel attack on the Imperial warship Tiger.
    Largely due to Ken's efforts, Yarlik was forced to leave the Rebel Alliance. Ken was soon reinstated as Warlord/Commander in chief and ardently backed the new president, Kuna Tiori, and the New Republic government.

8. Kuna_Tiori

Kuna_Tiori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Two more bills, everyone:

1. We should put unremovable tracer systems on all ships, in case someone defects, at least we'd know where the ships are.

2. We should put communications alert systems for all planets, so as in case a planet falls under attack and is conquered, we can be alerted to this.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Kuna_Tiori:

I totally agree with both bills. I can have my two fleets riged with tracking devives by Sunday morning. I can have the 1st and 2end fleets riged with tacking devices by Friday night. And, I can have all defense fleets close to or around Mon Calamari riged with tracking devices by Sunday night, or Monday morning.

10. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    You cannot install the devices until the bill passes, which will be in a little less than three days. Have the devices ready so you can finish the job in one day.

11. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    I found my way here at last. I would like one mc-90 built for my personal use. Think of this more or less as where the brains of starfighter will be.

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Also tracking devices work through the holonet, which is down at the moment, and the NR does not have. Atleast in this era. So I oppose the notion of installing tracking devices on ships. Now I'am not a member of the NR. But I should atleast have a say in this OOC considering your 'noble' leader did force me out of my own thread.

13. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Certainly Blue, I think that can be arranged.

And FID, I think we can have our technitions rig up some devices that work through subspace platforms.

14. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Several points to make against you of the IA (Imperial Alliance :p )

1. Nithrak and myself have been waiting for two weeks for a response at Toprawa, and all we have gotten is a bunch of posts regarding the Hapan's coming insystem even though we've been there for less than a minute IC. If you do not post soon, we will take the liberty of posting for you.
    2. CoPL seems to imply that the Hapan Consortium is a despotism, and therefore, the Hapans should have left the NGR, as WK posted, saying that the Queen Mother wanted to leave the alliance with the NGR.
    3. I'm confused, the YV have done less to the NGR than the GE has, and yet, one of the reasons for entering the treaty was to repel the threat of the YV. I think you guys are overestimating us a little bit.

15. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Well, the Empire isn't throwing our entire government into an uproar with riots and the like.

16. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    But as far as you know iC, they are.

17. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    As far as I know IC, there is some force that is disrupting the government, and we suspect it is the Peace Brigade in some situations.

18. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Subspace? Bah! You'll get your tracking in about 10 weeks. Remember, they used the holonet because it was faster than subspace. And the rebellion needed many Subspace recievers to relay communications to different planets. [face_plain] No offense but homing beacons that work on subspace communications is just not feasible.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yomin_Carr:

I am sorry about Toprawa, I don't have the time to post at two battle sites. if I could, I would. I think Warlord_Ken has posted at Toprawa once. I know you have been waiting, but now you know what it was like a few months back when everybody was brothering the Yuuzhan Vong for battle posts. Yet again, I am sorry.

New Plans:

Okay people, listen up.

A)I am spliting Rouge Squadron into four squadrons. So they will have 48 Starfighters now, instead of just 12. Also, I plan on giving the Rouges some ships, so they can be more mobile around the galaxy.

B)Our First job is to know where all of our fleets are. So, as I have stated now for the third or fourth time, I need to know where all fleet commanders and their fleets are.

C)Is to regroup with smaller groups, such as Smuggler Groups. This has already been started with Talon Karrade.

Rank Promotions:

Okay, I know you guys have been waiting for two days. I will have the new ranks out ASAP. I am just waiting on word from Warlord_Ken about a rank I asked him about.

-Bravo

20. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    Character Type: PC
    Name: (insert witty name here, until then, just Paddy)
    Core Name: -
    Nickname: Paddy
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: Lets say... Coruscant..
    Languages: Basic
    House: A nice one with a white picket fence... ;)
    Affiliation: New Republic
    --Job Type: Ground Forces
    --Unit/Ship Rank: ?
    --Code Name: call me... P716?
    --Weapons: -Trusty heavy blaster with scopes, status screens (like little LCDs they use now, but with more stuff).
    -small jagged steel dagger made from wreckage of a crashed escape pod on tatooine.
    Personal Ship's name:I don't think I have a ship yet

Personality: Persistent, a little arrogant, pessimistic :D
    Appearance: Short Dark hair, no beard or anything, Not very tall, about average strength.
    Skills: Stealth, good sight in the dark, great blaster skills, good at devising tactics
    Force: No
    History: Trained in secret Military camps to defend himself and his family, until he was about 20. after that, he traveled around a little, journeying to Tatooine, and a few other places, by getting rides from other travelers. Has always worked well under pressure, and is pleased to begin working for the New Republic. :D

21. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    This isn't a signal from one planet to another, it's a signal being broadcast from one location outward and if it happens to reach a relay, it will go further. Remember, these are tracking devices, not some kind of galatic posistioning system. If we have a ship in the same sector as the tracked ship, we will know where it is. And, once the holocom is back up, we will be able to use the devices as a GPS.

Also, I will be entering a bill in the weeks ahead to found a Republic Holocom. Starting at the capital and working its way outward through the Republic. It will take a long time, and will cost money, but we will become less dependant on the Empire for long-range communications.

22. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I would like to enlist if i could. Either in a fighter squadron or the fleet.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, FID's right. Any signals will take weeks or months to get across.

In addition, they can be tracked an detected by ANY subspace tranceiver... including those on the ship being tracked.

I also doubt the Republic (I can't believe I'm saying that...) could afford putting up a HoloNet. You'd go bankrupt real quick.

The HoloNet is still down... expect slow sections being brought up slowly within the next RP months. All parts restored will have to be reserved for Imperial military.

24. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Subspace signals are like radiowaves. Also I could post some OOC info about the holonet on here and some plans for it. Buuuut I'm not gunna. :D

25. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    GAJ and FID, does it really concern you guys? Let the Rebels( ;) ) go bankrupt and have their transponders send signals that are years late. It doesn't concern us, does it? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.