1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive New Galactic Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kuna_Tiori, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Naaah....LoL never thought of it like that.
  2. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I've done some. . . studying, and according to the material I have(EGtWT), a signal can be bounced from one side of the galaxy to the other via subspace tranceivers in hours or days, not weeks or months or decades. Subspace tranceivers, despite their name, DO NOT send signals at subspace speeds.

"Subspace tranceivers are standard devices used for instantaneous, faster-than-light communications between nearby systems."(136, EGtWT)

"The Millennium Falcon has a relatively common Chedak Frequency Agile subspace tranceiver. . . allows it to achieve a broadcast range of approximately fourty light-years"(135, EGtWT)

". . . an Imperial Star Destoryer's Sienar Fleet Systems Ranger tranceiver has a transmission range of one hundred light-years."(136, EGtWT)

"Hundreds of subspace networks are scattered across the New Republic, and so a message theoretically can be sent across the galaxy by bouncing it across mulitple networks. While this process is much more affordable than using the HoloNet, subspace messages may be delayed for hours or days as they are routed through different networks"(136, EGtWT)

Take those as you will.

Also, the Republic has a much more stable footing than the Alliance did. We have more space, and far more people that we get tax from. I'm going to try and figure out approximately much tax we receive from our citizens today.
  3. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    PORTMOAK SECTOR NODE - More than 250,000 worlds in the Outer Rim will have to go without HoloNet access for another year, the General Ministry Communications Agency announced yesterday. Citing budgetary restructuring as the culprit, the proposed Outer Rim HoloNet Expansion will be delayed at least another fiscal year. This means that Portmoak, Arkanis, Parmic, Quence, and Kathol sectors will go without primary HoloNet conduits. These distant sectors currently use a network of subspace relays for intersector communication, but updates from the Core or distant regions are typically delayed anywhere from days to weeks.

I also would like to add this to counter your argument. If the Old Republic couldn't solve a way around subspace relays, what makes you think you can in this RP? :D
  4. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Republic currently has around 51 planets. I've done tax figures for 42 planets(that's all I counted on the map).

Here's the LOW END figures for the Republic Tax:

• 42 planets
    • 1 BILLION persons per planet

10%~ 250,000+ - 70,000
    50%~ 70,000 - 15,000
    40%~ 15,000 - 0

(numbers are in credits yearly)

• Top 10% pays 5% of their income
    • Mid 50% pays 2%
    • Bottom 40% pays 1%

If we take the average income in each of the tax brakets:

10%~ 160,000
    50%~ 42,500
    40%~ 7,500

And do some maths, we get:

10%~ 3,440,000,000,000
    50%~ 18,275,000,000,000
    40%~ 1,290,000,000,000

Annually, the Republic would receive:

23,005,000,000,000 C

These numbers are ALL approximations and LOW END.

And according to your "article," FID, we may assume that the signal from one side of the galaxy would take somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks. Not 10 years as you first conjectured. :p
  5. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Ship Notice:

After we get DarthSeti5's plan done, I will start on building my Galaxy Defender. The Galaxy Defender will replace all my personal ships as my own command ship.
  6. Warlord_Ken Jedi Master

star 4
    Admiral post stats please.
  7. Kuna_Tiori Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, time for me to answer all of your complaints/concerns:

Bravo: Rogue Squadron only consisted of 12 fighters in the first place. If you're thinking of starting 4 more elite squadrons like the Rogues, I approve but you'll have difficulty finding qualified pilots.

Y_C: I posted as WK on the Toprawa battle. And as for the Hapans, the QUEEN MOTHER hates democracy but the Hapan people don't.

Also, I gave my reasons for our alliance with the Empire on the first post. I believe they are perfectly valid. And I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd rather live under Imperial rule than Vong rule.

Padawan716 and Sith_241: Welcome to the NR. Sith, I will PM you sometime soon.

Holonet/trackers: I agree that it would not work without the HoloNet, and I've been considering setting up our own Holonet, but as Emperor Jello pointed out it'd be expensive.
  8. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The HoloNet would cost us much, and it would have to be set up in slow, small stages. The first being planning. The second being establishing the tranceivers, the most expensive and longest phase. We could only make the "satellites" one at a time because of their great cost. I susspoect if we began next month, it would take the better part of a real year to fully implement a HoloNet in the Republic.

For now, subspace tranceivers are the only means of intersteller communications availible to the Republic.
  9. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, here are the stats. Below the stats, I will post what it looks like. Please note that i have edited a few things, since I posted it in the War Council thread.

Galaxy Defender:

---Name: Jedi's Star
    ---Class: Galaxy Defender
    ---Shields: 23,570 (Modified with Mon Calamri Shields)
    ---Hull: 25,575 (Modified with Mon Calamri hull)
    ---Crew: 35,000
    ---Skelton Crew: 10,000
    ---Size: 2,500 meters long
    ---Docking Bays(s): 2
    ---Engines: Galaxy Defender
    ---Reactor Core: Galaxy Defender
    ---Hyperdrive: Class 1
    ---Backup Hyperdrive: Class 3
    ---Weapons:

45 Heavy Turbolasers Batteries(10 Front, 15 Left, 15 Right, 5 Aft)

70 TAIM & BAK XX-9 TURBOLASERS Cannons (15 Front, 20 Left, 20 Right, 15 Aft)

45 AG-2G QUAD LASER CANNONS (10 Front, 15 Left, 15 Right, 5 Aft)

50 BORSTEL NK-7 ION CANNONS (10 Front, 15 Left, 15 Right, 10 Aft)

45 ARAKYD ST2 CONCUSSION RACKS (10 Front, 15 Left, 15 Right, 5 Aft)

50 KRUPX MG7 PROTON TORPEDO LAUNCHERS (15 Front, 15 Left, 15 Right, 5 Aft)

20 PHYLON Q7 TRACTOR BEAM PROJECTORS (5 Front, 5 Left, 5 Right, 5 Aft)

150 MERR-SONN DEFENDER ION MINES

150 CONNER SHIP SYSTEMS 3HX3 TIMER MINES

---Starfighter complement: 8 Squadrons
    5 X-WingII Squadrons
    2 B-Wing/E2 Squadrons
    1 Y-Wing Squadron
    ---Cargo: 40,000 Metric Tons
    ---Personnel: Rebel/HighRanking Rebels/Jedi
    ---Passengers: Jedi, Allies, Talon Karrade
    ---Accessories:
    100 Bacta Tanks
    1 GYM
    1 Jedi Training Room
    1 Jedi Eduaction Room
    1 Dipomitic Level
    1 Personal Quarters Level
    1 Refugee Level
    27 Mon Calamari Shield Generators
    70 CHEDAK Frequency Agile Subspace Transceiver
    7 SOROSUUB Hologram Projections Pods
    300 Miradyne 4X-Phantom Short-Range Sensor Jammers
    350 Kuat Drive Yards 220-SIG Tactical Combat Jammers
    300 Carbanti Universal Transceiver Package and Bertriak "Screamer" Active Jammers
    Secondary Power Core (Galaxy Defender Class)
    2 Back up Power Generators (Mon Calamari Class)

History/Looks:

The Galaxy Defender is more for Jedi if anything else. It first mission above all, is to set up a training ground for Jedi, until we can find a home for the Jedi to learn at. Its second Mission is peace. Althrough it is armed, its frame works shows peace in every way. Its third mission is to present a safe haven for people who have been misplaced by war. Its fourth mission is a command vessel. Its fifth mission is a combat vessel.

The Galaxy Defender looks like a Mon Calamari Cruiser, just a lot larger. Its body is like the standard Mon Calamari Cruiser. Unlike Mon Calamari Cruisers, the weapons are placed in tactical areas, there is a over lapping field of fire on every inch of the ship. Its docking bays can hold three times as much as a standard Mon Calamari Cruiser, and for extra room, starfighter racks have been added, but are not used. Controls have been modified so that most species can run the ship. Mon Calamaris still suit the best for running the ships's operations.

-Bravo
  10. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Understand, we are sympathetic to the Jedi cause and are in need of trained Jedi, but our current situation is going to make constructing your ship difficult at best. Once our current project, the Spy Ship, is complete we will begin construction on your ship. But keep in mind, this is not only a custom job, but a custom job that is big and has a lot of expensive weapons. I project it will take two to three Earth Standard(RL) weeks to complete such a labor and monitary intensive project.
  11. Nechayev Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Bravo try out my better idea. Use a World. Cheeper, safer, and a btter Image
  12. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, the government would appriciate it if you wouldn't commission yet another ship. You have three, can't you make use of one or all of those?
  13. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    If I get this ship approved, my other ships will be sent to other fleets in the New Republic.

-Bravo
  14. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Profile:

Character Type: PC

Name Youi Gain
    Nickname YouAgain
    Gender Male
    Age 16
    Species Human
    Homeworld Coruscant
    Family name Gain
    Native Lanuage Basic
    Foreign Lanuage wookiee(understands dosent speak) Nubian
    Credits 25

Appearance
    --Height 5'3'
    --Weight 80 KGS
    --Eye Color Blue
    --Hair color Blondish/Brown
    ---Skin Color White with a light tan
    --- Clothing Orange Jumpsuit, Brown Cloak

Personailty
    Habits- Reading Alot
    Intelligence Very Smart (Spends His spare time in libarys)
    Strength Quite Strong
    Speed Quick
    Speed 5/6 mph

Affliction- New Galactic Republic
    -- Rank Fighter Pilot/Jedi
    Branch StarFighter
    Station-
    Unit- Rogue Squardon
    Postion- Rogue 3
    Primary Weapons 1 Lightsaber , DL-44 blaster pistol (modiefied, laser pinpointing and scope)
    Secondary A Pocket Knife

The Force
    --Yes
    Affiliation Jedi
    Rank Padawan To padmeamidala55
    Abilities whatever powers a Padawan has
    strengths Very good leadership skills,thinks before he acts
    LightSaber type single Bladed
    Blade Color gold
    # of Lightsabers 1
  15. Warlord_Ken Jedi Master

star 4
    Btw, everyone, I've put out the fires on Yavin IV. If you like, you could always move the Jedi Academy back there.
  16. Blue_10 Jedi Master

star 4
    right. I'm reporting in.
  17. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Rogue 3 Reporting in
  18. cavalier_one Force Ghost

star 4
    OK guys, before my first official post in the WOTG thread, just thought I'd post the stats of two NPCs (my PC bio is one page 1 of this thread).

---------------------------------------------

Type: NPC
    Name: Erialc Damas
    Nickname/ callsign: Eri
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Chandrila
    Family Name: Damas
    Native Language: Basic
    Foreign Language: Bothan
    Credits: 8,000

Appearance
    ---Height: 6"2
    ---Weight: 185 pounds
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Hair/Fur Color: Strawberry blonde
    ---Skin Color: White
    ---Clothing: NR uniform
    ---Other: Single braid in hair, running down left side of face

Personality: Calm, rational, nervous (first command post)
    Habits: Chewing nails
    Dislikes: The war
    Talents: Command, organisation, administration
    Intelligence: Smart
    Strength: Normal
    Agility: Quick
    Speed: 7
    Weakness: Memory of her parents
    Limitations: Nervousness will sometimes paralyse her decision making
    Racial Attributes: N/A

Affiliation: New Republic
    ---Branch: Navy
    ---Station: ISD II Warhawk
    ---Unit: ISD II Warhawk
    ---Position: Ship captain
    ---Primary Weapons: Standard issue blaster
    ---Secondary Weapons: Vibroblade

The Force
    ---Yes or No?: No

Background:

Orphaned at a young age, Erialc was raised by her brother. Both joined the Alliance when they could, hoping to restore freedom to the galaxy. When her brother was killed in battle, she became a recluse. Only the efforts of Admiral Veroyn brought her back into the military. She serves as his captain, handling the day to day running of the Warhawk.

Type: NPC
    Name: Quin Win'deyla
    Nickname/ callsign: Q
    Species: Bothan
    Homeworld: Kothlis
    Family Name: Win'deyla clan
    Native Language: Bothan
    Foreign Language: Basic, Huttese, Sullustan, Rodian, numerous others
    Credits: 15,000

Appearance
    ---Height: 5"6
    ---Weight: 198 pounds
    ---Eye Color: Red
    ---Hair/Fur Color: Black with grey streaks
    ---Skin Color: N/A
    ---Clothing: NR uniform, various others
    ---Other: Distinctive red streak of fur down snout

Personality: Secretive, cagey, suspicious, alert
    Habits: Constantly looking around
    Dislikes: Losing, being lied to
    Talents: Intelligence, stealth, slicer
    Intelligence: Smart
    Strength: Normal
    Agility: Normal
    Speed: 6
    Weakness: Arrogance
    Limitations: Over-confidence
    Racial Attributes: Ripples in fur gives away emotions

Affiliation: New Republic
    ---Branch: Naval Intelligence
    ---Station: ISD Warhawk
    ---Unit: Warhawk Intelligence section
    ---Position: Intelligence chief
    ---Primary Weapons: Hold out blaster
    ---Secondary Weapons: Vibroblade

Personal Ship
    ---Name: Clandestine
    ---Class: Modified Z-95
    ---Shields: Normal
    ---Engines: Fast
    ---Weapons: Two triple blaster cannons, two concussion missile launchers
    ---Starfighter complement: N/A
    ---Cargo: 30 metric tons
    ---Personnel:Quin Win'deyla
    ---Passengers: N/A
    ---Accessories: Z-95 is covered in sensor-stealth blackball paint which reduces sensor reflection

The Force
    ---Yes or No?: No

Background:

Quin's background is obscure, and much of it is classified. What is know is that he might have been a member of a special operatins group that operated behind enemy lines during the height of the war with the Empire. Since then, Quin has served in various naval intelligence positions, using his personal fighter to gain recon data on military and industrial targets.

OK - on with the show.
  19. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    I'll concede that 10 years was stretching it, but still 4 weeks is alot of time to get a tracer on a ship. By then the ship will know it's being tracked and leave it in space or at some planet.
  20. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But we will know where you were. And any ships in the area would be able to "home" in on your ship. But that's only if you were nearby. I think the better option would be a cut-off switch. If we find someone defects, instead of tracking them, we send a signal to the ship that shuts down the systems fromt he crew and has it return to the nearest Republic base and/or world.
  21. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Isn't that cheating? ?[face_plain] I mean the whole point of defecting is to get to your new home, not get turned in. :p
  22. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Its not cheating. The Imperils have those devices on all their ISD's. They can either shut them down, or blow them up.

-Bravo
  23. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, they won't be able to take their ships with them. Or, if you want to be all "fair," we could have a computer program activate itself, at our command, and it would disable the ship and blow it up if it wasn't returned to the Republic in a certain amount of time. We'll say. . . long enough to get to a base of the faction they are defecting to.

EDIT: And if another faction has them, by god we will two. Mine, mine, mine. :p
  24. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    The Imperials have it. Not the NR. The NR isn't that paranoid. Or are you? Either way. I don't care. I have override codes, atleast for my ship. And no, don't even give me that "We changed them" because a) you'd have to replace the whole computer, and b) IC you're all ignorant to the fact that Yarlik would be that devious. :p I'm a politician, not an idiot. :D *plays fiddle like he played the RA* Also your peace with AD is separate from me. While we share the same faction, we're a more warlordish faction.
  25. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why do you think I'm negotiating peace with AD? ?[face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.