main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Galactic Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kuna_Tiori, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    To my knowledge, these are the shipyards we have:

-Nova Shipyards
    -Sullust (i.e. SoroSuub)
    -Sluis Van
    -Bothawui
    -Mon Calamari
    -Roche
    -Hapes Cluster
    -Bravo's new shipyard (under construction and subject to nullification)

I can't think of any more.

And this is for OOC purposes. <Glares at all the snoops lurking around the thread>

2. James_Bond

James_Bond Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    Stats for Agent James Bond:

Type: NPC
    Name: James Bond
    Nickname: James
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Unknown (probably Coruscant)
    Family Name: Bond
    Native Language: Basic
    Foreign Language: can speak 6 different languages, and can easily learn others
    Credits: Supplied by Rebel Intelligence

Appearance
    ---Height: 6 feet
    ---Weight: 170 pounds
    ---Eye Color: blue
    ---Hair/Fur Color: black
    ---Skin Color: um, Caucasian?
    ---Clothing: business suit (black or gray jacket, white shirt, black tie, and holster) or black-and-white tuxedo
    ---Other: hair gel

Personality:
    Habits: likes to sleep with many different women
    Dislikes: killing unnecessarily, smoking
    Talents: spying, marksmanship, staying calm, resourceful, and whatever style of fighting Bond uses
    Intelligence: Genius
    Strength: Strong
    Agility: Gazelle
    Speed: can run at 12 mph for 12 seconds
    Weakness: Hard to say. He has a soft spot for sexy women.
    Limitations: Again, hard to say, if he has any allergies they are unknown (maybe dust, but allegy isn't severe). No phobias.
    Racial Attributes: Deceptive (typical human, eh?)

Affiliation: Rebel Alliance
    ---Branch: Intelligence
    ---Station: The Intelligence command ship Intelligence, which is a modified Gallofree GHT I Bulk freighter
    ---Unit: 007
    ---Position: Secret Agent/Assassin
    ---Primary Weapons: License to kill (but not be killed), BlasTech DA-3 Assassin/Espionage Pistol (a small and light pistol, easy to conceal, similar to PPQ in Bond movies)
    ---Secondary Weapons: BlasTech DLT-20C assault rifle, grenades/detonators, an endless list of gadgets, and of course, his own body

Personal Ship
    ---Name: Jarus Nova
    ---Class: Modified Firespray-class Patrol Ship
    ---Shields: Heavy
    ---Engines: Fast
    ---Weapons: Two heavy laser cannons, a concussion missile launcher with 12 missiles, two proton torpedo launchers with 10 torps, an ion cannon, and a launcher with thermal detonators, signal flares, and homing beacons. Everything is concealed. Also a cloaking device ala High Gen. SEA.
    ---Starfighter complement: none
    ---Cargo: Weapons and his XP-40 landspeeder (wing-mounted blasters, oil slick [which disrupts repulsorfields], smoke/poison gas/corrosive gas screen, debris vacuum/siphon, flamethrower, razor, and explosive tacks)
    ---Personnel: Bond and a service droid(s)
    ---Passengers: Bond, service droids, and whatever chick he's scoring with. ;)
    ---Accessories: luxurious bunks, refresher, and kitchenette. Weapons storage room and bounty cage.

The Force
    ---Yes or No? No

Background
    James Bond worked for an independent information broker organization as a spy, before the company was bought by Rebel Intelligence. He was a Rebel sympatheizer (sp?) anyway and so eagerly accepted a commission as Agent 007 in RA Intel. He studied communications and many different foreign languages at the equivalent of Oxford University, except in the GFFA.

Also, stats for the Intelligence:
    Class: Modified Gallofree GHT (Gallofree Heavy Transport I)
    Length: 360 m
    Shields: 400 SBD
    Hull Rating: 150 RU
    Weaponry:
    10 heavy turbolasers
    12 laser cannons
    6 ion cannons
    2 concussion missile launchers
    3 tractor beams
    Troop Capacity: 40 soldiers and 10 AT-PT
    Starfighter Capacity: 12 fighters

This is the mobile command center of the NR Intelligence division.

3. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Great, I leave for one second and the New Republic has a secret police. Sheesh

4. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Yeah...."Round 'em up and put 'em in an concentration camp." Well that's basically what it's like. :p

5. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    SEA- Who's to say. ;) :p

And for the rest, the Night Watch is more of a civilian monitoring agency. They keep their eyes and ears open for anything that may be an attack on the New Republic, no matter how subtle. I'll post more on the Night Watch later today,

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yeah, I know I am not suppost to post for 24 hours, and this will be my last most until Monday morning, but this will be the only time I have to do this.

Losses at Mon Calamari: (Ships)

Although I disagree with what Warlord_Ken agreed upon, with the ship losses, I have no say in what my commander does. And, in the long run, all the ships we lost might help us in the future. So, I was doing some math, and although no one has came out and said what ships we have left, I will do it. Because I know someone down the road will try to call this god modding, some one will atleast try. But, here you go.

On a lighter note, I will get the promotions up right after my 24 hour ban ends. I will also be editing and adding to my profile, and to my NPC's profiles, right after my 24 hour ban ends.

Numbers:

Losses: 109.8 ships
    Remaining: 12.2 ships
    Status: All remaining ships are heavily damaged (But can still fight)

Defense Fleet #1:

Losses: 32 ships
    Remaining Ships: 2 Hapan Battle Dragons

Defense Fleet #5:

Losses: 44 Ships
    Remaining Ships: 2 Rebel Asault Frigates

Defense Fleet #8:

Losses: 16 Ships
    Remaining Ships: 4 Ships (1 ASD, 1 MC-90, 1 MC80B, 1 MC-80C)

Fleet 8: (Commodore DarthSeti5)

Losses: 13 Ships
    Remaining Ships: 4 Ships (Command Vessel, 1 ASD, 2 MC-80C)

-Bravo

8. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Actually Bravo, those ships are so damn damaged you'll be lucky if they don't fall to pieces en route to the yards. They can't fight, they're only salvageable. And remember the Gallant III lies in gazillions of atoms floating around space near Mon Cal. Its gone.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I cannot declare anything because I've been sitting at Er'kit since Tuesday!!.

Therefore, the destruction of your fleets has not happened in my stage of the timeline.

I do have a comment on your CSD. Impossible. You could never afford it.

Do not give me the BS that worlds give you money. A single ISD costs more than the funds on an entire planet through all its history. Go to the Official Site for proof.

I refuse to acknowledge the existance of the CSD.

10. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    Well, Your Majesty, we've had the CSD around for awhile - except in the persona of the ASD.

And also, that little quote from the official site is really subjective. Coruscant's funds can probably pay for 100 ISD's at a time. On the other hand, a more backwater planet like Belkadan can probably buy only an X-wing.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Perhaps. But you do not own any of the rich Core worlds, do you?

12. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    We have a few like Chandrila. Also, we've been colonizing and industrializing some of the not-so developed worlds. All in all I think that we have the resources to pull this off. I mean, c'mon we're not THAT poor.

13. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I am issuing an ultimatun to the NR. Respond at Toprawa by this time tommorow, or we (the YV) will post for you. We have been waiting for for two weeks. And WK, we have been there for about a minute. Your Hapan Armada can not be there.

14. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    'ehh....dude, the NR controlled about the same amount of planets you have now. And well....they were near bankrupt.

15. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Remember that the NR government controls Bespin, which pulls in a substantial amount of credits, and all of the citizens pay a tax to the government. A small tax, but a necessary one which would be in the realm of the several trillions. I can show you the maths if you like. Also, the following piece is more for the President and for the other governments so they know just how the Night Watch and the Department of Peace works. The following is subject to change:

The Night Watch:

The Night Watch is a civilian organisation that patrols their planets for treachery from forces that may be trying to distablise the government. Night Watch personal apply at the local chapter or main office of the Department of Peace on their planets. They will go through a background check and than several interviews to assure their loyalty.

The mere presence of Night Watch on a planet can quell some insurrectionists as they do not who is and who is not Night Watch. Those in the Night Watch have no identification affiliating them with Night Watch and do not speak about their affiliation. They walk often, looking around their cities and making sure there are no questionable activities going on. They also are paid fifty credits a week for their loyalty. Being a part of Night Watch is not a primary job and most officers are encouraged to have occupations outside of the government.

Night Watch personal carry one kind of "ID." They carry a civilian detention visa which allows them to temporarily detain a person on the grounds of planetary security*. The Night Watch officer must clearly show their authorization to anyone they choose to arrest and cleary state their intentions of arresting them and explaning why. The person is then taken to the Department of Peace building on planet and is detained for one day only. In that time the Nightwatch and the planetary police and/or military asses the situation to assertain if it is necessary to keep said perosn detained**.

Only if evidence of said person's actions are provided to the Department of Peace, the person is handed over to the planetary police and are entered into the planetary prison and judicary system.

The Night Watch is under the direct control of the President/Vice President and the Department of Peace.

The Department of Peace:

The Department of Peace is a cabinet level department that coordinates between the Night Watch, the Republic military, the planetary governments, and the President.

The Department of Peace's main duty is to ensure the stability of the New Republic and its member worlds. They achieve this mostly through judicious use of the Night Watch. If drastic actions need to be taken to stop a threat, the Department of Peace may request the planetary police and/or military be used. In the most extream of cases the New Republic naval and ground forces may be requested, through the Senate, to be used to insure the continued protection and stability of member worlds and the New Republic.

*If a Night Watch officer detains soneone for their own personal advancement, enjoyment, etc., they are reprimanded and their detainment visa is taken away until they are demeed ready to accept it. In most cases, this does not happen and they are ejected from the Night Watch.

**The detention chambers are by far not prison cells. They are state rooms and are in essense a small apartment in which sleeping facilities, a kitchen unit, a refreser unit, and several other luxuries are provided. The detainees are, for all intents and purposes, under temporary house arrest.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Wow... Bespin. I tremble in fear.

Recall that Bespin is "small enough not to be noticed". If they cannot be noticed, than they certainly cannot possess more funds than richer worlds.

It isn't like a planet is going to pour all their wealth into you, either.

17. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Is there any fighter squadrons being formed? I have requested to join one, but does anyone else want to join up?

18. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Is there any fighter squadrons being formed? I have requested to join one, but does anyone else want to join up? Also when does the Rp begin?

19. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    You control Chandrila?!?!
    Saborra, begin immediate planetary bombardment. Wipe them out. All off them [face_devil]

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    DS5, please show me the math.

I do think you underestimate the value of a credit.

Jabba the Hutt, a powerful crime lord with as much money as the Mafia in RL was upset at the thought of paying 50,000.

Also, I remember a quote from SOTE: "Another day, another credit," from Cmdr. Antilles. That shows that Rogue Squadron's daily wage was only ONE credit.

21. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    -Nova Shipyards
    -Sullust (i.e. SoroSuub)
    -Sluis Van
    -Bothawui
    -Mon Calamari
    -Roche
    -Hapes Cluster

Also, if GAJ approves, I will give back Eriadu to you guys. It also has shipyards comparable to Sluis Van ;)

22. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Also, I remember a quote from SOTE: "Another day, another credit," from Cmdr. Antilles. That shows that Rogue Squadron's daily wage was only ONE credit.

That was sarcasm mixed with a cynical mutter, GAJ, he wasn't serious.

23. Kuna_Tiori

Kuna_Tiori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Jabba the Hutt, a powerful crime lord with as much money as the Mafia in RL was upset at the thought of paying 50,000.

Your Majesty, I think you're jumping to conclusions. Jabba might have thought that Chewbacca simply wasn't worth 50,000. Sure he was big and "mighty" but that doesn't necessarily mean he's that expensive. And if you remember Jabba only agreed on 25,000 in the first place. If you were trying to buy a pencil for a proposed price of 2 bucks and the dealer suddenly jacks the price up to 4 bucks without warning, you'd be pissed too.

Anyways, revised list of shipyards:
    -Sullust (i.e. SoroSuub)
    -Sluis Van
    -Bothawui
    -Mon Calamari
    -Roche
    -Eriadu
    -Hapes Cluster

Major scientific research stations:
    -Bakura
    -Eriadu
    -Sullust
    -Kessel
    -Hoth
    -Belkadan

Major military weapons research station:
    -Kessel (hidden deep in the underground)

All of this info is OOC.

EDIT: And in case you've all forgotten, we do have more planets besides Bespin. I think with all the industrialization going on we should be raking in a fair amount of dough.

24. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Recall that Bespin is "small enough not to be noticed". If they cannot be noticed, than they certainly cannot possess more funds than richer worlds.

Small enough not to be noticed does not mean that they do not have money. They do have an rather large amount of tibanna gas that they sell. And all the material I've read has suggested that the Empire did know about Bespin but decided not to act. Remember, the mining guild pressured the Empire into acting and Calrissian to give up control to the Empire for the time being. Meaning he could still operate but the Empire had a garrison there for a time. Which they kept there because of Lando's actions.

25. Kuna_Tiori

Kuna_Tiori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    <raps gavel>

Time for a bills update.

First of all, bill for the creation of the Dept. of Peace and Night Watch is subject to objection until March 26.

Next:
    Bill to start pumping MC90's like mad is enacted. (CSD's are still undergoing review.)

Bill to start Jedi search is enacted.

Bill to put tracers on ships is rejected until we can put up a relay system or something.

Bill to start communications alert system for any emergency is enacted.

Galaxy Defender: Still pending review.

Next:
    I propose that all Imperial troops, civilians, vehicles, personnel, ships, whatever must leave NR space and never return, with special exceptions. This will be subject to objection until this time March 28.

And since FID has been urging me to flex more power, I'm putting out an executive order for that all Imperial ships, troops, vehicles, everybody leave NR space IMMEDIATELY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.