main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Galactic Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kuna_Tiori, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    If only I had realized that I posted 1999...

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, you did get post 2000.

YDRB got reply 2000. :p

3. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Republic Resistance Forces - 4 votes

Deadline is just shy of 24 hours, vote now and submit now!!

4. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    How about the Wascly Teworwist worganisaswion.

5. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    bterrik:
    Galactic Federation of Free Alliances (GFFA)

Hmm...well I see three problems:

1. That kind of name goes with a government, but that's exactly what we're getting rid of.

2. If we do have a government by that name, it implies (from the "Free Alliances" part) that individual planets or sectors are free to make any alliance they want. Needless to say, that could lead to problems, especially if they ally with the Empire or YV.

3. The acronym of "GFFA" would get mixed up with Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Wildwookiee:
    How about the Wascly Teworwist worganisaswion.

Geez, don't you think we get enough bad press from the Imps already? ;)

6. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    I know that I am not yet an official member of the NR, but I still would like to say that I support WW's name.

7. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Honestly, the Republic Resistance Forces sounds like we're resisting the Republic...not Republicans resisting the Empire...

It shouldn't have a name...it should just be the Rebellion, or the resistance or the alliance...somthing like that...no grand name, nothing to draw attention to ourselves.

8. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    The insurgency sounds pretty cool to me.

9. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    I assume you are alluding to something far more simple; such as the Corellian Resistance?

Perhaps we need something more along those lines?

I'll extend the voting deadline to accommodate for new suggestions.

10. davofett

davofett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Dang, I was going to vote for one but I forget which. Ok I guess RRF gets my vote.

Geez Jace, I remember you when you where groing up in the Wraith Squadron thread. now you're the President of a faction with no name.

I'm so proud ::starts to cry::

EDIT: Great, I vote and you put a new deadline on. SO CHANGE MY VOTE TO: New Rebbelion (sp)

11. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    As far as the empire is concerned, you are a rebellion against our sovereign authority and will always be that. We never will recognize you as an entity other than a rebellion.

As far as I am concerned, I think that the new "name" should be disconnected from the Republic. That organization failed and should be left behind while a new order springs forth.

12. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    Ah, but that's where I don't agree with you, DarthSeti5. The name Republic Resistance Forces reminds all who serve with us that they are still part of the Republic, and that building (or rather, rebuilding) the New Galactic Republic is our final goal.

That's why I think there's no need to move out of this thread. We're still basically the Republic - just in a different form.

WW: Republic Resistance Forces doesn't mean that we're fighting against the Republic anymore than "Imperial Navy" means a Navy that's fighting against Imperials.

As for the attention thing, I think that we're going to get the same amount no matter what we call ourselves.

13. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    The Rebellion called itself the "Alliance to Restore the Republic" but they realized that there was no more Republic and that they would have to start something new if they ever defeated the Empire. You don't have to have the name of the Republic in your title to remember it in your heart.

14. ancient_power

ancient_power Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    why does bespian have to go nuteral? (i'll get killed!)

15. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I figure that once we take Bespin, we'll let the cities stay for awhile... We need something to base ourselves while we build our own 'Cloud City' :D

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Uh, "Imperial Navy" is an adjective clause. "Republic Resistance Force" could also be an adverb clause.

17. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I'm a Jedi!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

I like Jace's idea, and I fully support him as the only legitimate chance this organisation has!!!!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

We should be called, the Allied Alliance of Allies, or the Rebellion of Rebellious Rebel Rebels.

Because I'm a Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it seems to be the thing to do when your a WOTG Jedi..you know, act like a 9 yr old child without any civility or social capabilities...

18. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    The republic resistance forces works just fine, in world war II, the bands of members that were french and still loyal to the cause against nazi germany were known as the French Resistance, so i think the name will work just fine, with no confusion.

P.O.T. is a jedi? oh god save us all from his random wielding of the force....

19. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    PoT has ingested kilolitres of scotch and probably a few litres of cement. He's bad enough when he's sober...

20. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I also want to go with republic resiantece force

21. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    Jello: Uh, "Imperial Navy" is an adjective clause. "Republic Resistance Force" could also be an adverb clause.

Care to clarify?

Btw, I don't see how either "Imperial Navy" nor "Republic Resistance Force" can be classified as a clause.

DS5:
    The Rebellion called itself the "Alliance to Restore the Republic" but they realized that there was no more Republic and that they would have to start something new if they ever defeated the Empire. You don't have to have the name of the Republic in your title to remember it in your heart.

Our goal now is to defeat the Empire and the YVMF and rebuild the New Galactic Republic. Yes, the word "Republic" is not necessary, but it kinda helps, don't you think? It doesn't hurt either.

Otherwise, why call the Empire the Empire? Why not just call it Jelly's Playground?

And while the NR and OR did differ in certain ways, I imagine that they were pretty similar in basic government structure.

By the by, this has nothing to do with anything, but I was just thinking how much better the Republic could have done if it was created and existed during peacetime...

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    And I was just thinking how our little social marcocosm that is WOTG demonstrates clearly what we are all slowly waking up to in real life:

Democracy is as absurdly unworkable in pragmatic applications and reality as Communism ever was, and it doesn't look nearly as good on paper.

The world's falling apart, due to our Capitalist Democratic value system, that urges us to elevate ourselves and own needs above that of our neighbour.

Viva la Autocracy, Benevolent Tyranny is the only way!

23. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I'm taking a sniper rifle next time I go to Australia, all because of you. One rifle, one bullet, lots of blood and brains splattered against a wall. PoT never posts again. We mourn for a few minutes, we have a wake, we move on.

What fun it would be.

24. davofett

davofett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sounds good!!!

25. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Or a not-so-benevolent theocracy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.