main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Galactic Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kuna_Tiori, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    Unified is where we are getting beaten to a pulp!
    Biochemically and physically, if we put ourselves in a lower profile we might survive for much longer ;)

2. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    As an aside, let it be clear that the naming rights for a "Confederacy" are already taken. :)

3. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    The basic idea is like the way ancient Japan used to work, There would be one supreme ruler, or the Taiko(Jace_Halycron), and then several small provinces as well as the one large province called the Kwanto (or the New Republic as we still call it), each small province has its own Daimyo or Overlord, and i don't have a clue why i'm saying this, maybe for the minors that don'ts understand..... :D ;)

4. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001

Overlord...always loved that word...

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Feudalism? Even thought I hate you guys ( ;) ), I'll aid you in this. Do not try an de-centralized government unless you want to give in to the individual rulers of each little subsection. There will be no government controlling this.

6. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Yomin_Carr:
    Come now, do you really think that the GE is going to continue to be morally upright once the NR is reduced to scrap? You think they're going to respect neutrality once no one can oppose it?

Warlord Ken: I see no reason why they would not.

Protegé of Thrawn: Which is precisely why the Imperials could run rings around you in terms of the war and propaganda efforts.

You must understand the new Imperialists of the WOTG. We're still as evil as ever, we're just a lot better at hiding it. Think of it as Isardian evil as opposed to Tarkinisque or Palpatine type evil.

Muhahahaha. Ha.

Warlord Ken: Amusing. But all bravado aside, could you really make up a decent reason for doing that?

The Empire will either respect all the neutral worlds' sovereignties, or take them over. If the latter is what will happen, then it really doesn't matter what we do.

Given that the Empire hasn't moved in on Thyferra, a former-Imp-world-now-gone-independent, I'm not sure if they'd touch other neutrals. It would basically kill the false aura of righteousness that the Empire has built up around themselves. And don't worry, I'm already sharpening my propaganda knives. ;)

Y_D_R_B:
    Unified is where we are getting beaten to a pulp!
    Biochemically and physically, if we put ourselves in a lower profile we might survive for much longer

I totally agree. But what I'm advocating is that we lower our profile even more - to the point where there essentially is no more NR national government. What's left of the government will become our little Rebel faction, which will beat the snot out of the Empire and Vong so as to be able to rebuild an NR with significantly less problems.

<Points to SW> See how the Rebels waited until after a big victory and the Imps got their butts kicked to build their government? That's what we'll do.

7. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    How about this?

One massive battle, pre-arranged OOC, where the Republic loses all their ships except one-two fleets. The Empire also will lose alot, but not a detramental amount, and be the victors of the battle. Just enough to help trim these outrageous fleet numbers we are getting latley.

Then the 'Rebels' can again act like the Rebellion, dealing with small ship numbers, and counting on quick blitzkrieg attacks, subterfuge, and alliances. Might make it alot more fun for all.

(Come on GAJ, admit it, it is a bit too easy with every major planet having fleets of a dozen star destroyers. Lets cut these fleets down and have a massive fun battle in the process)

8. Long_Live_The_Rebels

Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I vote Yay

Bterrik, lets do something plz, im getting bored!

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Flar a few things to note:

The Empire also will lose alot, but not a detramental amount, and be the victors of the battle. Just enough to help trim these outrageous fleet numbers we are getting latley.

This has been dealt with, let me assure you.
    Before the resumption of this chapter, we had a "fast foward" of everything, wherein I was able to play "creative controller" in my then capacity as GM, and I took quick advantage of this by slashing fleet estimates.

So your comment "Each world with dozens of Star Destroyers" is either hyperbole, or grounds for an investigation of GodModding.

At Current (all figures here taken from official Ship Growth document) including ship growths for this chapter, each faction stands at the following:

(Note: All figures are quoted in "analog" terms, and can be equated to other ships. ie. 20 ISD II analogs will = one SSD etc.)

Galactic Empire: 403 ISD II analogs.
    New Republic: 308 cruiser analogs. (includes Cast's Crushers)
    Yuuzhan Vong: 385 HAC analogs.

Now those figures include both Attack Forces and Defense Forces. Both all Armada's (such as Royal Mandate etc) and all Sector, System or planetbased defenses.

Even when we add in the Hapan, Kyana Confederacy, Morian etc. figures, it still has a Galaxy wide total of under 1200.

I think - compared to the days of Jello's infamous 12000 strong SD fleet, we've come a long way.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    PoT: *mutters about canon* :p

There are a few problems with these sort of numbers, however. This basically guarentees that anyone with a large fleet/armada could take over nearly any world in the galaxy.

That's not good for gameplay balance because it'll just be a game of tug-of-way, where everyone takes and regains the same group of systems.

EDIT: After looking through the WC, I have my second comment. AD just posted a list of some shipyards that are in use by the Empire, and wants to attack them.

Unfortunately, there is no feasible way to give those worlds any sort of defenses because all assets are tied up elsewhere.

The same is true when Kieran posts of Imperial manufactung centers, most of which should have fairly decent defenses, but those unaccounted worlds mean that defenses there cannot be attributed to the normal fleet amounts.

I'm faced with two possible courses of action. 1.) Increasing the amount of ships in all factions. 2.) Limiting all attacks to planets on the official WOTG map.

I'm leaning towards #2 here, because it'll be more orderly and easier to impliment than the first one--but it might not neccessarily be good for the game.

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Two things to consider there Jello.

1) AD cannot attack as he has no assets to attack with. LEC was frozen and made insolvent by the NR during their campaign against him.

2) By increasing ships again, you run straight back into the "but my guns bigger" game.

The whole "point" of the Shattered Galaxy chapter, is that it's anarchy. It's chaos. The Empire can't afford to cover key planets as it should, and can therefore either leave less important worlds vulnerable or risk large assets.

Same goes for the New Republic, they are finding an unorthedox but ultimately key way around this, which will help keep them on a par with the soon to be frustrated Imperials.

And the Yuuzhan Vong, face the same problem, but with time will be the best placed to deal with it, as they can simply grow their worlds and terraform them into hostile entities that need little defense unto themselves.

Just a few thoughts from me, the old fogey in the corner rattling his cane at the young'uns. ;)

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Counterpoints.

1.) His specific situation is immaterial to begin with. The concern was the concept of those un-utilized worlds being attacked.

2.) Yes, I agree that ship numbers should not be bumped up--but there has to be some sort of control on offensive movements if this is to be the case.

To that end, I lean towards instituting a rule the ensures that only worlds on the map can be attacked. It will allow for more accountability among factions.

13. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    LEC was frozen and made insolvent by the NR during their campaign against him.

Pfft! I had to deal with an LEC fleet at Malastare...

14. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Again

I thought that LEC was also dissolved, and I wondered how AD was allowed to contiune using those forces. I didn't post anything on it because I assumed that AD wouldn't dare GodMod by posting his readmittance into the LEC leadership without prior consent of a GM...especially since he was banned from it.

15. Protege_of_Claus

Protege_of_Claus Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2002
    Most intriguing.

If I were so inclined to think, I may think on it a while, for a while is a time to think, and when I think of thinking a while it takes a while of thinking to think of thinking for a while that in a while I can think no more.

I need some Hunny.

16. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    Silly old bear... ;)

17. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    To that end, I lean towards instituting a rule the ensures that only worlds on the map can be attacked. It will allow for more accountability among factions.

If this were the case, then we would need to add alot more worlds to the map, probally much to the dismay of SEA.

Worlds would have to be added for all parts of the economy of each side. Food production planets, manufacturing planets, ect.

Also if there is a set list of planets, I would expect a SET list of Imperial ships galaxy wide. Exact numbers guarding each planet, and posts when they are moved from planet to planet.

This would also make smaller, Rebel like attacks much more difficult because there would not be many small, backwater, worlds where smaller scale attacks could be staged. That is exactley what I do when I plan my attacks. I search through CUSWE for the smallest, most rimward if possible, planet, probally unheard of in the game up until this point.

Of course if the Empire is too big for you Jello..... I am sure Yun would be willing to take a Quadrant or two off your hands ;-)

Just kidding.

Anyway, my posting will be sporradic as we approach the Holiday season, then become more elaborate during next week as I attempt to hide from confounded relatives.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    If the amount of planets were to be increased, then the ship amounts should as well. That is because the original ratios and counts were taken directly from the planet counts.

Do you want that?

19. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    As you all well know, [Palpatine voice] I love Democracy [/i][/Palpatine voice][/i], but sometimes I sense that people squibble and squabble for the sake of squibbling and squabbling.

Not on the whole a bad thing, but sometimes I wish we could all just learn to...stop complaining?

Where's my Pooh Bear? I need him for a situation such as this.

20. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    ::sets out bear trap with honey::

21. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Alright, alright.

Everyone back on track.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, PoT, if you believe that public interpretation and dialogue results in squabbles, then I can always unilaterally enforce tyrannical rulings. [face_evil]

*leaves thread*

23. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Bump!

Kinda Quite in here.......
    ....and uneventful....

24. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    It seems like NOTHING'S going on right now. We really need to get moving and get organized if we want to stay alive, let alone succeed...

<hears an echo>

<tumbleweed rolls by...>

25. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I agree, From now on to Dec.31 Iw ill not be on as much, so therefore till I return on the 31, I am leaving YDRB in charge of the thrid republican armada, I will return on the 31st full time. Hope you all have a happy holiday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.