main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Galaxies Expansion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by sccrman95, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    (Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Dathomir, Yavin4, Corellia, Talus, Endor, Naboo, Rori, Tatooine, Lok)
    plus space stuff (the Kessel/Deepspace thing)

2. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Wow, they got desperate enough to add in HK-47.

3. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I thought a game like SWG would have 20 or 30 worlds by now.

4. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    What is this about HK-47?

5. Macro_Roshuma

Macro_Roshuma Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004

I think you're wrong. I love it. Most fun i've had in years, excluding deer hunting.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    There was a bit in the press release about a new character with one mission: to 'destroy all meatbags'.

This is surely HK-47.

7. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    Wow. As much as I love HK-47 I'm glad I got out of SWG when I did.

8. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    How on earth wuld you do that without them getting extremely repetitive? It's difficult enough to think of something different (and luckily Kashyyyk wasn't a second Endor). Mustafar works, Fellucia would have been nice, an ice planet (not Hoth) could work, but after that it gets thin

9. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    It's supposed to be a big galaxy and I don't see 11 worlds being enough. Unique locations on each would would make it different enough. I wasn't aware that SWG was restricted to using worlds that are totally different from each other.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There are other planets with more unqiue environments (I was gonna say Jabiim, but it's no longer a rain planet during the classic era). I'd kill for Coruscant but thats probbaly not technologically feasible. Mon Calamari could provide some interesting possibilities- and they have Tallus, so they might as well complete the set and do Trallus and perhaps even Centerpoint Station and Selonia.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So what's this one about? Ob1 gives you orders? On Mustafar? To do what?

Clean the decaying bodies out of the control room so he can renovate it as a batchelor pad?

Oh well I guess most of us will never know what Ob1 wants, seeing is only about 1% of us are Jedi.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Obi-Wan's dead, so I doubt he cares about a bachelor pad.

Though I struggle to think why he'd rather talk with dancers than help Luke out.

13. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    50% of the players are Jedi, not 1%
    which is the big problem

and they did say it's not a Jedi-only expansion, just high-level. You know, there was once a time when a group of non-Jedi could finish stuff, and did!

14. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    You know, there was once a time when a group of non-Jedi could finish stuff, and did!

Oh I wish I was around to see that... it's been over a year, and the game still makes me feel like a noob.

15. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    It's well over a year for me, too, and I know I'm a n00b. All my equipment is average, I only have 5 million credits, I don't carry much food with me (actually just converted pre-CU stuff until it runs out) and I'm still a freaking useless Creature Handler [face_laugh]

that's what I love about this game: It's one of those other things you can have a lot of fun with, without being any good at it :p (if you're not a WS/AS, that is. I should become Tailor :D)

16. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    you have...5 million credits? :eek:

And I felt special when I discovered 47000 in my posession for no reason...I was barely scraping by with a few hundred...dang creature handlers get all the fun!

17. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    It's so great to hear that non-Jedi can play the expansion too.

I mean, really, A crystal that turns your lightsaber into lava?!?!

Why, that's just what my non-smuggling Smuggler has been waiting for over the past two years. I thought what I wanted was some sort of dynamic Smuggling system, but silly me, as a Smuggler why would I want something like that?

Thank God the Devs really know how to keep us non-Jedi players happy.

18. Galaxie_Star

Galaxie_Star Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2005
    I have been out of this game for a while,... was the expension in space with the ships was cool?

19. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Jump to Lightspeed? Eh...I just got it. Since I can't afford much of anything anyways, I really can't afford a ship. So I'm missing out a bit on that entire expansion. I haven't noticed many other changes, besides the two new species (ithorian and sullustan). The expansion after that, Rage of the Wookies, also didnt present much of anything new to me.

20. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    CH just got a revamp though - like my freind said CH sounds actually fun now... albeit still useless.

¤Night

21. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    To smuggle you need four or five dozen systems at minimum, contraband cargoes and civilian traffic to blend in with. SWG goes for finite detail, which limits the size. You can't have missions like the family/freighter missions out of XWA in SWG.

I'm sure their are people that like going from movie scene to movie scene, but I'm also sure their are others that would give up much of that detail to have a larger game. One that is more Space Sim/RPG then EverCrack with blasters and lightsabers.

22. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    Hahahaha. I've never played any SWG games, but that just makes me laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.