main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New GBA game: SW new droid army

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Dinoforce, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    It's great to see the guys from helixe on our own Jedi Council forums. Hope you enjoy your time here :)

Anyway, I've finally finished Uni this year, so more time will be spent on reviewing the latest Star Wars games. With Jedi Outcast out of the way, I'll have a full review of New Droid Army this weekend. From what I've played so far, it's an impressive package.

Keep an eye out on TFNGames for more soon.

2. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    On the passcode list:

You know, i think i have the piece of paper on which i wrote down all the passcodes still lying around..

If i can find it, i'll post'em (although i didn't write down which level they actually go to.. They should be sequential, though )

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Make sure you use the markup to hide the codes when you post them.

:)

4. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...yes sir *salutes* :)

Okay, here's everything i had written down..

I know i did miss a couple (because there were a couple of times when i didn't check the passcode at the beginning of a level)..

They SHOULD be sequential (first code is for the beginning of the game, last code is for right near the end)

CG7 RGC KGJ TZ7 SG? JZD
    JVP 7GX 7V1 78T !GW HZ8 6Z2 5GJ 5ZC 4GQ 4VP XGP 2ZQ 3GL 3ZJ WG1 WVX ?G7 ?Z1 8GH 8VD 8ZP 9GT QK1

I'm not sure, but i THINK that last one is the first code you get on Jedi Master..

Those other codes are all on the Difficulty level of Jedi Knight..

If one of them doesn't work, it's because i had poor handwriting :)

Have fun.

5. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeargh.. crazy doublepost :p

6. z0mbi_helixe

z0mbi_helixe Animator 'New Droid Army' Game VIP

Nov 18, 2002
    I believe we managed a few easter eggs... ;)

See if you can find 'em!

7. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Love this Game.

-Mace-

8. Whitenight

Whitenight Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Has anyone seen the SWTCG promo card included in the game. I read it was a Vader card. Can anyone give some details if they have it.

9. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ..it is indeed a Vader card..

Unfortunately, i'm at work right now, and don't have the card on me..

I can give details later this evening (unless someone else gets to it before then...)

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    By now many of you will have noticed the exclusive codes posted on TFNG, along with my review of the game.

But here comes the most intersting part:

I want YOU, our faithful posters here at the Jedi Council forums, to create a complete walkthrough of New Droid Army for TFNGames.

The full walkthrough will be posted on TFNG, complete with detailed maps of each level and screenshots, thanks to the guys and gals at Helixe.

Those of you who are interested in helping can email us at games@theforce.net, or simply PM me for further details.

So, if you think you have the skills to design the perfect walkthrough, contact us now.

11. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    That's a cool idea, and i'd love to participate..

Except after i beat Droid Army, i traded it in for another game :(

Crap. Maybe i'll see if i can rent it, or borrow it from someone or something, cause i'd LOVE to be involved in this....

As for the trading card included with the game (which i kept, despite returning the game.. Hehe):

It's "Darth Vader, Dark Jedi Knight, Sith Lord"

He's got an S rating of 40, a P rating of 5 and an H rating of 5..

Pay 2 Force->Evade 2 (prevent up to 2 damage to Vader)

Pay 1 Force-> intercept (If a unit is attacking one of your characters in the same arena as Vader, it now attacks Vader instead)

And the quote on the card: "Where are those transmissions you intercepted?"

12. DarthMaulX2

DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    "I believe we managed a few easter eggs...

See if you can find 'em!"

I've been on the look-out... can you spare some hints on where to find them?

13. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I bought this game, hoping that it was good, and I must say, I was pleasently suprised!

I just bought my GBA, and this game has made me glad for my purchase for sure.

The graphics and sound are stunning, and I love the storyline, even though I have not gotten far into it.

I look forward to your next Star Wars game, Helixe!

Oh, and I don't mind the passcodes, as long as it means we get a better overall game.

?Eaglet

14. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    what are the easter eggs?

15. Helixe_Rafael

Helixe_Rafael Lead Programmer 'New Droid Army' Game VIP

Nov 21, 2002
    "what are the easter eggs?"

The easter bunny leaves them.

In a game an "easter egg" is any kind of secret feature in a game. Something that is not documented and is unexpected.

We released all the special codes for our game on this site ( because the fans on this site are the best - seriously some of you guys have an amazing depth of Star Wars knowledge ).

My favorite easter egg code is "sky". It lets you play as Luke Skywalker. There is another cool code "FRC" that unlocks all the force powers right at the start of the game. And there is a code "2d4" that lets you start the game on any level. "LNG" gives you the option to play our game in French, German or Spanish.

Force pushing a Jawa is kind of interesting. It won't kill them - but they will get very annoyed.

16. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    thanks are they any more easter eggs?

ps i was asking what are the easter eggs in the game
    i knew what easter eggs meant

17. haydensgirl

haydensgirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    can anyone list all the passwords, cause i am stuck on a stage on metalorn on the padawan level

18. haydensgirl

haydensgirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
  19. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Post above . [face_plain]

-Macé-

20. ArsenicMan

ArsenicMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    I have a question on two of these. First, how does the level warp code work? And second, for the rendering codes, does the first one do anything beyond corrupting the screen when the lightsaber is deactivated?

21. DarthMaulX2

DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Yes, how does the level select work?

22. young_zev

young_zev Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 1999
    grah!

I can't get past the second Coruscant level. I'm chasing after the bad Sith guy, but the flying sentries just kick my booty endlessly.

Took me forever to figure out how to use battle meditation... nice power, though.

What's the trick to blocking multiple opponents? I'm just getting shredded.

23. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Well there's no way to block attacks from two different directions, but you can try the attack+left attack and spin your sabre to block and attack enemies. Or you can hind behind corners and lure enimies, or just run to the next door because those sentrys can't get through doors.

I had no problem against those flying droids but I hate those Cortosis Droids who can't get attacked bu sabres, AHHH! they take to long to kill!

24. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    My favourite parts of teh game have to be the sith battles -The double sith took me bleedin' ages to do but it was so satisfying when I did -I'm just going through it again on Jedi master now -I'll have to try the skywalker code in a minute :)

25. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I just bought a copy off e-bay for like 15.00 total, I'll let you know what I think when I get it...

Can any one post a link to a walkthrough for me please?

Thanks...

-Yoda ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.