main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD New GMs Reply Archive

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by greyjedi125, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    =D= =D==D= Bravisimo!! Excellent article your Saintness!!

I hope this is widely read by both new and established GM's. ( Makes several revisions for himself ). Even veteran GMs as myself need a refresher course now and again, and new GMs are sure to avoid some unsavory pitfalls. Thanks for this wonderful piece of exposition.
    :)

2. MASTER2

MASTER2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Thank you! This will really help me in the future!

3. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Yes, I second that Saintheart, that was very informitive and a good way to bring in some better RPGs into the forums. Thanks again for the info.

4. Bulldog54

Bulldog54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2007
    As someone who fazed in and out of RPG's in previous years, I appreciate this, and hope I can escape certain mistakes that you mentioned in the future!!! Thanks for this post

5. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    Thorough, I like it very much. It will help me greatly should I attempt another rpg.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This will definitely help my first attempt at an RPG.

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Incredibly informative, thank you.

I was able to mentally point to games that I have played and think, "Okay, so that was a Sandbox; and this one is a FanFiction RPG".

I was also able to see where I may have gone wrong on my attempts to run games.

8. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    Hey i just want to thank you for posting this. a little late i know, but i read it thinking that it would be informative to me on how to better run an RP, considering some of mine in the past have failed due to Real Life or lack of players.

i was also thinking of making a new RPG but figured that i should read this first. and i kept me from making mistakes in the future that i would have made if i had not read this.

So again thank you. =D=:D

9. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Slight rejigging of some sections of the FAQ to better emphasise the need for people's concepts for games to be given practical thought. Move along. Move along. :D

10. Supernova_I

Supernova_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    Thanks! This will really help me make my first RPG!

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Added a Resources section with links to the Game Designer's Guild and a couple of threads. And added a pretty picture. :D

Other quick news: these FAQs are very shortly to be replicated in the Non-Star-Wars Role Playing Forum for ease of convenience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.