main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY New Grape and Wine Parade Info - Very Important!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by lgtsbr, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hi everyone

I wanted to post some details for everyone on the Grape and Wine Parade.

1) The count of people right now is 80 people total and still climbing
    2) Because of the amount of people, the before and after party has been moved from a house to a school that is about 2 blocks from the Parade route. This will help with parking and changing facilities.
    3) Not really bad news but the cost for food and school rental is about $10 Canadian (about $7 US funds). I know this is a bit more than the $5 asked from before but I think it is understandable.
    4) We have to leave by 7am! Sorry but we need to get there with enough time to put on our costumes and meet up with the rest of the group.

So with all the stuff above, I need to know who is definitely going and who is driving. We have to make sure everyone that needs a ride gets a ride and that everyone, either in costume walking or on the side?s taking pics, is accounted for.

Ok, everyone post here with if you are going and if you need a ride, I need to know if you are going to be in costume or not, and if you have any other issues with the leave time.

I want to get together with the other drivers and plan our route too. I want to set up ?meet at points? along the way so that no one gets lost or forgotten.

Dave

2. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Well you can count Katie and I in....as if that wasn't obvious already :p

3. -_Impact_-

-_Impact_- Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2003
    Me OOOOoooOoOOo me me me =P

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, I told my mom about it, and she wants to go. She can be a driver, so we've got the van :D And we're still planning to meet up at Dave's house before we leave, correct?

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

(Psst... kidnap Mookie)

6. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm looking forward to meeting you too Woofer! Oh wait....

;)

It's cool that your Mom's coming Chris, I'm sure if she doesn't think we're nuts already she will be the end of that day. And as far as I know people are still leaving from Dave's.

hehe....Back to the sewing machine I go!

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    If I get my pants done, I am definitely going. I will need a ride. $7 is not bad at all. So the count for Star Wars fans walking in this parade is 80? I wonder if there will be a ton of Hans. I may be the only one with a ST belt though. This will be very interesting to see who is what. I cannot wait.

8. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks for all the replies everyone

Chris - that is awesome - tell your mom to bring a camera so she can take lots of pics of your costume. The people mover will help out soooooooo much.

Here is the list so far:
    Katie (HothGirl) - Sabe
    Ryan - Obi-Wan ish Jedi
    Dave (lgtsbr) - Custom Jedi
    Nicole - Dorme
    Matt - Obi type Jedi
    Chris - Dark Jedi with Pink Lining
    John - Slythmonger
    Adrienne (padawan_adri) - Barriss Offee
    Jeff (STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB) - Death Star Escape Han Solo
    Kaitlyn - Sith
    Ty - Spectator
    Mom (adri) - Spectator
    Mom (chris) - Spectator

This will come up again on Sunday so don't worry - I have to have a count of who is going even if they are a spectator - this way we have a count for food

Of the 80 people (and counting) going - seems like most are Jedi or Sith - so don't worry Jeff you might be 1 of the only Han's.

I don't remember if I told you guys or not but not included in the count is a fully functional R2 unit - thats right - he is our special guest for the parade

9. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Actually we'll have two Artoo units.. but hey, who is counting?

10. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I've posted this on both threads, so hopefully everyone will see it.

Hey Gang -

Just in case you haven't had the opportunity to stop in on YJN's boards lately, Woofer posted a message about the after parade party.

Basically, we all know it's going to be $10 bucks Canadian and that's a bit less with our currency. However, due to the ever-changing currency rates, they have requested that we pay the money in Canadian funds. He posted that we can get the currency converted at the Duty Free or from the bank.

Just a heads up so everyone knows.

11. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Considering all profits go to our charity... we will take US cash at par! :)

12. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    Hey gang,

I just wanted to let you guys know that Katie and I will be heading up to Canada on Friday night so that we can be there early Saturday morning to get us a designated area for our fan force, pickup badges, find out all the parade info, and to help with last minute costume alterations and such. This will give Katie and I plenty of time to get our costumes and makeup (fake beard for me) on so we can help you guys get your costumes on.

If anyone would like to head up with us on Friday evening, let me know.

I believe everyone is accounted for with rides to the parade, if not lemme know. Here's the rundown of drivers (d) and passengers:

Dave (d) - Nik & Matt
    Chris' Mom (d) - Chris, Jeff
    Ty (d) - Di, Adri, Kaitlyn

(Beth and John, are you guys still in?)

We'll sort out who's riding back wih who once we get there. Please let me know if there are any changes to that line-up.

Directions to the parade can be found in the YahooGroup under the FILES section. Thanks go to Dave for those wonderful directions :)

If you have any questions, post here, email me, or private message me. See you all Saturday!!!

--Ryan

13. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Make sure you read the last page of the directions - it has a step by step of what we need to do.

Being it looks like we are not leaving as a group - we need to make sure we meet somewhere so that no one gets lost.

Basically - it looks like I am going to have a bunch of costumes, sabers, products for orders, and Nik's baking in the truck - so I won't have much room for anyone other than Matt (I promised Matt's mom that I would drive him).

Comming back I will have some more room - so bringing an extra person back isn't an issue.

Remember anyone that needs to finish costumes needs to get it done in the next couple days. Tomorrow I am going to start boxing things up - this way when we get to Canada everyone will have their own box with everything for their costumes.

Please remember that I have to meet with a bunch of people when I get to the school about orders they have placed with me, so I can't guarantee that I will be overly available once we get there, but I will try to help you guys out any way I can. Nik will have the second set of keys to the truck so if you can't find me, find her.

Now with everything happening, I am not going to be able to start painting food pellets till Wed, so if you have a request or are borrowing parts from me, please post again or PM, IM, or email me and remind me what I have promised you.

Right now everything is a blurr for me.

Let the crunch time fun begin.

14. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Regarding the directions:

You might be better off with a small change from what I had originally posted in our planning forum.

PM me if Dave doesn't see the update.

15. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    If anyone needs me to bring any of their costumes and stuff up to Canada on Friday because of lack of room in the cars, let me know.

--Ryan

16. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks for the update John

I had us comming in Welland Ave (77) - I take it that is the street that will be closed?

I will try to get that done today once I get with John to figure out whats up

Dave

17. MASTER_XLL

MASTER_XLL Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2003
    hi im new to rochester and will be meating up with you all at the parade with my friend gil (jedixxl) he would also like to walk with rochester if posible hes currantly part of buffalo but is looking to jion rochester like i have.

I should have costume ready to go also.

jeff (master_xll)

18. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work out when we get there. Last year we weren't really divided up into groups/chapters...it was more sorta grouped together by costumes.

For example, all the jedi were together and towards the back so they could duel without clubbing people. ;)

But don't worry, there will be a place for you to march. Just make sure you let the people on Young Jedi Niagara's boards know you're coming.

19. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I have not made any decisions about anything as of yet (FYI)...
    I will be at the parade though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.