Provo New guy here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Cougar, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Provo, Jedi_Cougar here, new to Fan Force....

Just wondering how big the group is here of "serious" fans. If you guys could post a few messages bringing me up to speed, plus the next meeting dates, what exactly you do, etc...that'd be great.

Thanks

Jedi_Cougar
    BYU Freshman
  2. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Jedi_Cougar!

Welcome to the Provo Fanforce forum! We have a webpage for this group at http://www.starwarsutah.com.

Our next meeting will be in the next week. I will be posting details about the meeting either later today or tomorrow.

There are several BYU students who already attend our meetings. Only one of them has a vehicle right now. Do you by chance have your own car?

Let's give Jedi_Cougar a big welcome!
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Rise and shout
    The cougars are out...

Fellow BYU student here; welcome to the madness. Hope to see you at activities. Are you a Utahn or a transplant? I'm from Boston, but I spend my fandom energy at Provo Fanforce, the best chapter on earth.
  4. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm not from Provo but I'm in the Salt Lake area. At least the Provo chapter has people that come and do things. You'll enjoy it, I did. :D
  5. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome Jedi_cougar. Its good to have another fellow BYU person here. I'm one of the others from BYU. (And I'm the one with the car :cool:) I'm from Utah - near Ogden.

I think you'll have a lot of fun with us. Hopefully we'll see you soon, huh?

EDIT: By the way - where are you living?
  6. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey.

I live at Helaman Halls on Campus. Too bad there aren't a ton of cars.

I am 1 of 3 kids in my family here at school. My older siblings use the car we have, and I can use it for myself, but my Dad won't let me drive other people around. So most of the time I should be able to provide my own transportation but that is all. Sorry, wish I could help though.

I'm originally from Maryland just outside of Washington DC.

The group sounds like fun. I look forward to doing some cool stuff with you guys.
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Hey, Coug. I'm in Helaman Halls, too. Which ward are you in? I'm in the 96th ward, being in Hinckley Hall.
  8. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey. You what classes you got? (that'd be wierd if I already knew you!)
    I'm a freshman in Heritage Halls (don't understand why you guys go to those other wierd places!)

Anyway, hope to see you around
  9. George_Harrison Jedi Youngling

Hey are you guys BYU fans? Well I hope you guys are cheering for the Cougars. They've got probably one of if not the best team in the nation. I hope you guys crack the BCS this year.
  10. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    DarthIshtar...Yeah, I'm in Budge, 96th ward too.

How odd. Room 1217, find me in the directory if you want...

I hope #8 BYU keeps winning. If they do well against Utah I think they might get into a good bowl.

I take PS100(Turley), Eng 200H(Beeson), TMA 102(Jensen), TMA 110, Rel 121(Young) and American Heritage(Latimer) this semester.

Anyway, its a small world, hmmm.
  11. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    So you're in Film huh? Me too and so is Spoo. Not your section though. What are you majoring in?

I'm in DT by the way.
  12. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, I'm majoring in Media Arts probably. I am a pre-major right now but think I will go ahead with it as my major. It encompasses a lot of my interests.

I'm doing some stuff in the Media Arts lab and have out how to do the glow for lightsabers in Premiere and Photoshop and I can do it so I figure I'll make a fanfilm sometime.

I was encouraged by the fact that the www.starwarsutah.com site had pictures of like 5-6 stormtroopers in the valley! Hehe. Not bad looking costumes either...those things are expensive though I believe.

Well anyway, fun.

Ok. Laters.
  13. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey that's awesome. I'm majoring in computer animation, but we are ALL interested in making fan films. If you want you can check out my website for my movie below. And then there is always HandyMan's movie at www.tombofthejedi.com. Its a very large-scale movie.

Spoo - I think we need to re-invent our idea for us doing a fanfilm. We even have an extra guy now. (hopefully)

Oh and by the way - basically all of those costumes you saw in the pics are owned by HandyMan. He's the man!! :D
  14. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    What's your name? I'm Kaki Olsen. English Major. The sister missionary going to California San Fernando, Spanish-speaking. ::starts whistling It's a Small World::
  16. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude,I think I'm in your Freshemn Academy!
    I've got Turley for PS100 at 9 MWF, Young for BoM at 10 TTh...
    What's your real name? I'm Adam, I usually sit in the front row of Young's class.
  17. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    The name is Ryan. Ryan Farnes.

Yeah, I'm in those classes. Well hey, we'll have to meet up sometime. I get a kick looking at starwarsutah.com each time. There are actually fans here.

I am quite encouraged by the fact that people in this forum are already experienced in making fan films. I'm just starting but hey, every person helps right?

Anyway, it'll be fun to meet people at the next meeting. Later folks.
  18. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, this is funny. I know you Adam. We're in the same group for our TMA 102 project on sound and music. Hehe...scary almost.

I got to thinking..."I probably know what most people in my book of mormon class look like, so I'll see if I recognize anyone in the pictures online" so I went to another message on the provo board and checked out the pictures you posted for the DVD release (I believe) and saw you in them so I recognize you.

Well...thats settled
  19. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow. What a small world. I happen to know those TMA groups are pretty small. What are the chances.......

Well I'm glad you guys know each other already. That's cool.
  20. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Not just the same section T-K, we're in a project group for Music & Sound in film.
    Well hey Ryan, welcome aboard!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.