main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA New Guy wanting to Join!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SatSpeedster, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SatSpeedster

SatSpeedster Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    Hello there!
    My name is Chris, I ran into some of you guys by a gift of fate at Dennys toinght (I guess I could say the force intervened...)Anyhow I would like some info on the group and would love to join, I believe I ran into TionneHawk and Kessel Runner outside Dennys and talked with them a bit before the rest of you all came in. Anyhow I'm a forth year student at UC Davis and have been looking for a star wars group to hook up with and hopefully things will work out. Thanks!!!
    -Chris

2. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Welcome aboard! The name's Joe, and it's always good to have new members around. Hope to meet you soon!

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hey New Guy! It was great that you found us. The Force was definitely with you. Well it seems you have already "attended" your first meeting. You're almost official, now we just need to initiate you. ;) *prepares SVRF barrel for Folsom Bridge* :D

Although after tonight I think we may have a new way to intiate members (LDV will have pics soon).

Just check into the boards every now and again to see when we are having meetings and events.

"Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Geek."

4. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    "Although after tonight I think we may have a new way to intiate members"

Ohhhh man what did I miss?

5. SatSpeedster

Oct 9, 2003
    Sweet!...initiation eh? Sounds...umm...grand. I will surly be cheking in here on the forums to see whats goin on. Hope you all had a great time last night!

-Chris

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks Chris, we had a great time. Hellboy was better than I had expected. Good story, excellent dialogue, well-rounded characters, fast paced and exciting. Being as critical of movies as I am, I really enjoyed it.

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Welcome Sat

I will have pics up shortly. You will see the "initiation" pics. ;) MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dead, you missed alot of fun

8. hanc

hanc Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2003
    I never got initiated unless you consider sitting at a table at the spaghetti factory with a bunch of weirdos.. and then talking star wars the whole time...

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh hanc, your day will come.

can't wait to see pics.

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Hanc, your initiation was suffering through the drive to and from WonderCon with me last year. ;)

11. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i gotta see the pics of TJ on the dance machine

12. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    ^_____________^

Its more sychronized stomping to beat... and I was rusty beyond heck, but I LDV seems to have been quite impressed...

^^v TJ

13. hanc

hanc Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2003
    Oh you mean the drive to and the sleeping from?

AND I CAN DRIVE THIS YEAR, so the corevette will be prepped and ready to take passengers to Unity on Friday night...

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sat, you are more than welcome to enter the banner contest.

15. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Sweet! Nice to see you here Chris. I look forward to continuing our discussion on Lightsaber building techniques ;)

We're definitely SW geeks, but we have spillover into other geek arenas, so anytime you're in the mood for a geek movie, just let us know. We're all game.

Did you enjoy Hellboy? You said you were seeing it this weekend too right?

16. SatSpeedster

Oct 9, 2003
    Hello Again!
    Yeah I saw Hellboy on sunday, I thought it was pretty good...I haven't read any of the comics though so I was slightly in the dark regarding a few things, but it was an enjoyable film. Only problem is, I love props...and man I would kill for an accurate Hellboy handgun...I think it was called a Samaratan...that was sweet!

On the subject of props...any of you guys ever build any hardware sabers, blasters, communicators..anything? I noticed you all were working on a fan film, you've gotta have some cool stuff coming out of that project! Anyhow-I'm looking forward to chattin about props...oh yeah an I am extreemly looking forward to May 19th 2005...

-Chris

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    A lot of us have built handmade sabers. Mine is made from a curling iron found at a thrift store and various pieces of hardware I found lying around the house. Some groups have saber building workshops, which can be a lot of fun. Maybe someday we can have one as well if our prop guru (LDV) is up to it?

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Heh heh heh

Light sabers are old news now...

Jedi Holocrons are where the money is at now. ;) LOL

Nawww Light Sabers are still a hot item.

You would all have to drive up here to Yuba City for me to put on a props shop seminar. ;)

19. SatSpeedster

Oct 9, 2003
    I guess I kind of brought this up, so I'll describe the few I have built. Most of my sabers are hardware and found items. The one I concider "mine" is made from 1.5 sink tube, some copper tubing, a wooden shovel handle, a few LED's, some wiper blades for grips, and some metal strap holders...sounds complicated now that I try to describe it. Some of the others I have made are intirely from found parts, I have one that is a combo of an old flashlight, some old camera parts, and copper fittings. Another is made of BMX bike posts, a camera lense, some aluminum channel, LED's and a shift knob. I have at this moment, 6 that I have built, one Master Replicas Dooku, and one resin Qui Gon Stunt. I also have many other props, I have a Solo Blaster in progress, some communicators, a pair of what I call "Naboo Blasters" (made off of old Nintendo Zappers I might add...) and some other stuff a Master Replicas Thermal Detonator, and a single James Bond prop (Goldeneye Magnetic Mine) I was curious what other people had...sometimes I think I'm a little too into this hobby...!!

-Chris

20. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
  21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Wow!

Congrats on picking an icon, by the way. There are just sooooo many to chose from. I could probably do a different one each week, but after the fun that ensued after having the same one as LDV, I think I'll keep the confusion to a minimum. ;)

22. SatSpeedster

Oct 9, 2003
    Dude that is sweet! I checked the Sideshow Collectables page, the prop is selling for $300.00! A little out of this college students price range! Thanks for the info on that contest!!

23. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Yeah, the Samaritan rocked. How can you not love a gun called a Samaritan? It's goooood.

I had a project saber I was working on while in line for AOTC at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Unfortunately I never got around to finishing it. If the parts made it up here in the move, I'll be happy to finish it off at LDV's workshop :). I loved the look and feel of the Maul Saber when only one end was ignited, so my design is based on that concept. A very long hilt, designed to be used with a split grip.

I don't really have any props, even though I'm sorta into them. But I do have a piece of the Trench from the Original Death Star. *gloat*

It's good to be da King ;)

24. SatSpeedster

Oct 9, 2003
    Have you been able to see your piece of the Death Star in any part of the movie at all? Just curious!

LDV: Holocrons...those look complicated, Im curious as to what materials you are using? Plexiglass? Lucite? If its a "trade secret" i understand... ;) I always thought one of those would make a killer custom computer case. Also have you ever checked out the Replica Props Forum? Its got tons of info on sabers and such, a really great site for reference and stuff, the URL is http://rpf.prop-planet.com

25. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    My saber was built from a piece of sink pipe with rubber O-rings for the grip (I used a lot, too, I like how it holds with two hands). Near the top I fashioned a decorative piece, similar the one on Anakin's saber, out of PVC and painted it black and secured it with a cool looking screw. The button is from an old NES controller. The only problem is I don't know how to secure a reference rod inside.

I'm hoping to win an LDV saber though...

/me prays

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.