main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New guy with a question or two

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by lordmaul13, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I'm thinking of getting into costuming. I plan to start with a Jedi costume because everyone needs a Jedi costume, right?

I'd also like to someday do this guy:

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/lordmaul13/44e7f05b.jpg]

Mean looking fella, isn't it?

That is a Darth Maul concept that, obviously, didn't happen. I found that picture in my Art of Ep I book and it is the only picture I've seen. Has anyone else seen any other pictures of this guy?

lordmaul13

2. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

3. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    He looks evil :)

Didnt see any other pics then that one yet

4. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I always thought that was a woman.

5. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I suppose that could be a woman. The caption didn't say and, because it was a Darth Maul concept, I figured it was a man. Although, just because the end product was male, that doesen't mean all the conceptual drawings were male.

Sounds like I'm probably going to have to wing it when I get to that costume. Thanks for the help, everyone. :)

lordmaul13

6. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    yeah, you should still do it but think that might have been one of the Sith Witch concepts that eventually led to Darth Maul.

7. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    You're right. I didn't read the caption closely enough. That is a "Sith Witch." I guess I'm going to be a male witch. ;)

lordmaul13

8. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]One fellow attempted to realize the illustration at the top of this thread costume at Celebration III
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/SWCIII_2005/SWCIIISa020.jpg]

While I recognized the costume instantly, I'd like to see the character taken further.

Be well,
    Thomas
    [/color]

9. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Yes, you can see the influence but I personally don't like that look. I prefer the look of the picture I posted.

It seems all the evil Force-user types are almost completely covered. You never see Darth Maul without his gloves on so all you see of him is his face which could be considered covered by all the tatoos. Vader is covered head to toe. Sidious is always hiding insided that hood and those robes. And the list could probably go on.

I like the stereotype being broken with the bared arms. The hair does follow the stereotype a little by obscuring the face but it does so in a different fashion. It's just a little unnatural. Unnatural can = disquieting. It's like listening to Christmas music in July, it just isn't right. I've never had long hair but it seems to me you would naturally brush it off to the side and get it out of your eyes. The fact that it's in the face makes it a little bit alien. It makes me think that this is a person who could get his teeth knocked out and not even notice.

lordmaul13

10. Darth-Andromalius

Darth-Andromalius Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2005
    That sounds about right, this guy kind of looks like a biker/moshpit Maul. Kind of unnerving yet funny, I always wanted to know what a Sith looked like fresh out of bed. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.