New here and could use some help.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jehtte, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jehtte Jedi Padawan

Whatsup everybody? Okay so I'm going to get right to the point because I'm getting worried. I placed a rather pricey order at parksabers.com on April 25th. He says allow 10-12 weeks, but its been 13 and I haven't heard from him. I tried to contact him a number of times and nothing. Has anyone recently dealt with him? Did I just get ******?
  2. TwoSeven Jedi Master

Delays will happen especially if the maker is popular and gets demands all year long. Best way to deal with this is to look for buyers' feedback in the legion forums or with whatever costuming clubs you're familiar with. Sometimes even a simple Google search will let you know if the seller/maker is reliable.

The second thing you need to do once you've placed your order is to keep track of the shipment, it could be stuck at the customs if you're ordering internationally, or simply got lost in the mail dispatch. I had an order stuck at the post office for 3 weeks before I got a message from the mailman on a Saturday morning.
  3. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    In the past, dealings with parksabers were good then turned sketch. He took a big break and appears to have started up business again, and I had hoped it would be a new leaf for him. He just finished up Comic-Con, so that could explain some of the delay.

I would say keep trying to reach him. If you paid with paypal, then in a few more weeks, I'd file a complaint to get your money back.
  4. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    My first saber was a park saber "fury" model, which I don't even see on his site anymore... It was pretty awesome, and I remember it took over a month for delivery. This was nearly 10 years ago however... I had nothing but good experience with this dealer.
  5. Jehtte Jedi Padawan

Update, I managed to get in contact with him through email. For anyone trying to get in touch with him, don't bother calling or using his website. Through a fluke he sent me an email from his personal email address. Sure enough they are still on the way, but way behind schedule. Anyone planning on buying one, don't expect it anytime earlier than six months. Just figured I'd let everyone know.
  6. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Glad you got ahold of him and that it (hopefully!) is working out. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.