main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New here and seeking help

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Ardashir, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardashir

Ardashir Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2009
    Hi all, long time Star Wars fan, first time here, and I'm already doing something wrong.

With the 'changing password' function. I go to the page and enter the password I was given at registration and then try to change it to one that'll be easier for me to remember, and I keep getting a 'error: passwords do not match' message.

Just what exactly am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help, and pardon me if this isn't the proper place for this question.

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Yeah, I had that happen to me several times in the past. I think it's a glitch. What you want to do is log it in here, so the tech admin can help you out. It'll be all fixed up in no time. :D

Anyway, welcome to the forums! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to shoot a PM to me or any of the other mods. ;)

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :D

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! You should totally check out Census and Games; it's a fun place and you can get awesome colors :D In particular, 20 Questions needs another player in you're interested :)

5. Ardashir

Ardashir Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2009
    Things are running much better now, thanks.

6. Ardashir

Ardashir Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2009
    Something else while I'm thinking about it -- just where do you gon on the forums here to discuss the 'New Essential' series of books (alien species, weapons and technology, etc.) and questions relating to it?

I was surprised to see the book covering the 'geography' of the SW galaxy have listings for both Amaran and Celanon. I like the 'space foxes' and would appreciate some pointers on just where to ask about them and their use in-canon.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Literature Forum (under the "Star Wars Books, Comics & Expanded Universe" category on the main Jedi Council screen) is the place to discuss all aspects of the SW universe- from the books and comics, to the storylines of video games, to reference material like the "Essential" series.

The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion is the thread there you'll want to check out. Both of the authors (Jason Fry and Dan Wallace) post in that thread, as well.

The contributions of several users in that thread over the last couple years actually helped them make the Atlas (you'll see several TF.N users thanked in the acknowledgments of the Essential Atlas).

The Lit Forum Index will have links to the discussion threads for past Essential books- though some may have auto-locked due to inactivity (if they have, just PM myself or another Lit mod and we'll unlock it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.