main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New here interested in making FanFilm

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by morpheous531, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morpheous531

morpheous531 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2002
    Hello all,

I'm new here and been soaking up all this info like a sponge...it's really overwhelming...

My only problem is that I'm getting the hang of making CG for SW but was wondering how to move beyond that...

I was interested in making a what if Neo(Matrix) vs. Jedi(SW) Fanfilm but I need help in making some of the effects from the Matrix such as the "moving quicker than light" trick that the agent does in the film or the slow motion movement trick...

Im a noob at this stuff so if any of these questions sound stupid I apologize...

P.S. I'm using the latest versions of photoshop, premiere, after effects, and 3D Studio Max...

2. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
  3. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    what's the latest version of 3dsmax?

4. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    And then there was silence.

If they WERE warez... either he's just stating the names to make us jealous. And if they aren't, then well maybe he DOES have a money tree in his backyard ;)

Carl

5. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Seems like an awful lot of money to spend on programs that he doesn't know how to use yet - huh?

Ahhh, Newbie Initiation . . . . . ain't it fun? ;)

6. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    hey guys, i was just wondering, why does anyone else care if someone is using warez, i just don't see why it should even matter to other people. Not saying I like warez or anything, but it certainly doens't hurt me if someone 4 states (for the US i guess) away is using a warez copy. People on this board just seem to freak out whenever anyone says "I'm new and I have **insert program name here**, can someone help me?" I don't know maybe i'm just weird.

There is my two cents.

7. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    But it's so much fun to RAZZ them for being virtual criminals . . . don't ya think? :D

8. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Actually, the Matrix/Jedi crossover has already been done ... but that doesn't mean you can strive to outdo it ... I'd recommend checking out JEDI MATRIX first. That way you'll see what has already been done and avoid potential pitfalls.

I'd also recommend seeing some of the other JEDI based films (and there are ALOT of them) to do your research.

9. morpheous531

Aug 1, 2002
    LOL, If i use warez programs, it would be no ones business but my own...

As for the Jedi Matrix, I haven't seen it and thanks I'm gonna look into it..

Just wondering if any of you guys know how those effects in the matrix are done..

By the way, I'm planning to buy the "Matrix Revisited" on DVD. If there is any thing I see that can help I'll post it. (Just in case you guys haven't seen it).

Thanks for the hazing(sp?)...:)

10. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    if you want to do the effect where the person jumps up and the scene slows down and the camera rotates you can either do it like they did in the movie with like 50 cameras (could be more cameras i don't know) or you can do it with just one camera and shooting the scene several times from different Points of View and then morphing the frames together, there is a tutorial on how to do this floating around here somewhere but i don't konw where it is. You might wnat to do a search for it. Perhaps you should look up something like "Matrix Tutorial" or something.

werd

11. morpheous531

Aug 1, 2002
    Thanks,

I personally thought that this particular trick wasn't even possible without more than one camera.

12. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    np, good luck

13. Semaj Ovured

May 8, 2000
  14. morpheous531

Aug 1, 2002
    Thanks Semaj...

By the way I would like to apologize if I offended you in the last post...

Like you said we're all friends here..

15. Semaj Ovured

May 8, 2000
    No problemo, Amigo. Sometimes it's good to mix it up like that.

The important thing isn't so much the debate - that's an exchange of ideas - it's to walk away friends.

I look forward to your film.

16. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    <<Actually, the Matrix/Jedi crossover has already been done >>

James - do you read my posts?? :p

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

17. Semaj Ovured

May 8, 2000
    Of course ... it's an obsession! ;)

BTW where's ME in the Superheros of TFN scheme?! [face_laugh]

18. morpheous531

Aug 1, 2002
    Nice tutorial...

I think I'll leave the grounf out of the shot in order to avoid the pifall he was talking about..

One last question, what program morphs?

Edit: Also one more important question - If I were to do a scene like that with lightsabers, should I rotoscope tht sabers before or after the effectis done?

19. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    I would ALWAYS do lightsabers last, because they are just screaned on.

Yup that's the turotial i was thinking of.

EDIT: You can use little free programs like WinMorph, don't know the website but do a googld search, who knows it could be winmorph.com.

20. morpheous531

Aug 1, 2002
    Hey I was toying with the slow mo on premiere...

I want the effect of slow motion such as in the Matrix or more abusively used in the movie "Brotherhood of the wolf"

I tried doing it by just slowing down the speed on premiere but it gives it a choppiness...

How do I get the slow motion effect.

P.S> I'm not talking about the rotation slow motion effect. I mean when the guy is gonna land an attack the action kind of "blends" into the slow motion. The guy in the matrix tutorial wasn't able to get that effect. If u notice right before the rotation there is a chopiness in the action. I want to eradicate this.

21. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    You need to use frame blending when do you do that. So it will generate new frames by blending exsisting frames to get rid of the choppyness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.