main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW NEW HERE!!! What about you?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by hollyinlowercase, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'm Kate, 29 and living in the Shire with my bf of two years. I work in the entertainment and gaming industries, also studying fulltime through Curtin doing internet design on top of both my jobs so I'm a busy girl most of the time. Otherwise I play baseball but I'm injured currently with torn ligaments to my shoulder and out for up to 6 months+.

Other than that, I don't have a lot of time for many things unfortunately, even sleep is minimal of late [face_tired]. Looking forward to a break from uni over xmas!

2. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    My name is Tony, I'm 37 (yes, an "old fart" compared to most here). Married to a wonderful girl named Nicole, we have a gorgeous 4yo daughter, Emily. I work in IT doing Shift work. Love spending time playing and watching my daughter grow (which she's doing much too quick). I enjoy movies and have an extensive DVD collection, also enjoy listening to music everything from movie soundtracks to things such as ACDC, INXS, Madonna, Kylie, Foo Fighters, U2 just to name a few. Don't get out much as we're busy paying off a mortgage and saving for a holiday to the USA next year.

3. Axicana

Axicana Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2005
    Dating service? I never knew about that. Might have to look into it sometime... [face_thinking]

4. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    Yeah! I had no idea there was a dating club... :S
    It's trippy!

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It's a running joke. :p There's just a fair few couples that have resulted from this group, NSW seems a bit more notorious for it than other Australian states.

6. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Ok then..

I'm Drew, 34 (another oldie), I work as a debt collector and I do occassional film/camera work. Hoping to do more of the film work and less of the collections work. Also lend an occasional hand to my other (ok, better) half's business, Quantum Flux. Mainly in the form of food and drink supply during heavy work days, but also doing things such as security-type work during those nightclub fashion parades, and I handle some of the accounting and "reminder to pay" type situations that crop up from time to time.

Also another satisfied member of the FF dating group. (it'll be 5 years at the end of this month!)

7. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    my wife and i met on here too. i think we wee the first FFNSW couple...

In some ways that makes ME feel the oldest.

Wheres simon, he always helps me feel young by comparisson

8. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    But kids, not all FFNSW romances end in happiness! Don't go looking for love here! It doesn't always work out! Trust me on that one.

This thread is why I suggested a sticky welcome thread, gets a bit boring introducing yourself every couple of months when you've been here for a bit.

I'm 20, I live near Chatswood with my man, I read, I write, I sing, I play video games, I belly dance and I like Bollywood far more than I ever liked Star Wars.

Nice to see a bit of new blood around here. Hope we don't scare you off too quickly.

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    oh cmon, we havent done one of these in ages :) And besides, it updates and changes as we update and change.

I dont think we have had a welcome thread since i became CR...

10. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, good one, Craig... ;) [:D]

But I do agree; we're always changing, so as long as there's variety in the questions, it's not a problem to answer. It's also always good to learn about the other larks that post here. ;)

11. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Scoot, you know how I know you're gay? Because you described yourself as a non jewish Seth Cohen. ;)

12. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    Hey... to me it sounds pretty hot! I wouldn't mind a non jewish Seth Cohen... That's just me lol

13. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Ooo Burn.

:p

The ladies have described me as such, and considering they basically stole that character off me (they added the jewish religion for originality) im entitled to using it! :p

14. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    Oh Scoot! You are so totally hot! OH I swoon!!!
    You're oh so manly!
    *FAINTS*
    all said with american accent
    [face_blush] [face_batting]

15. MSE6

MSE6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Mick
    Avionics Eng
    Forum Lurker
    Short replies
    BAppSc(IT)@RMIT via OUA
    loves TLA's and Abbr.
    o_O

16. Prodigiousman

Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    mmmmm I've forgotten the questions...

Warrick
    Christian
    Galston NSW
    Sports Researcher & Part time cricket coach
    am just enjoying life... more so in the past eleven months since my first nephew arrived in November last year as I'm truly blessed to be an uncle for Isaac.

what else... let's see I work from home (and have done for the majority of this year since a Winter Olympics gig [gravy]) which has its advantages - ie. wake up shower - i'm at work... downside is I'm at work all day even when i officially clock off!

enjoy time with family and friends more than anything else...

something that annoys me?

the fact television execs have no idea what a good show is and put dribble on at prime time instead...

been on these boards fairly casually for a few years now... in fact I think I even remember when mauls_menace's daughter was born and how proud he was! - congrats champ.

been to just the single meet... i believe it was June 2002... so very long ago it seems.

and something else just clicked in this ever dormant mind - i think I live remarkably close to the thread starter!

GALSTON!

17. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Damn, now I'll have to think of something new to say to him...*grumbles*

18. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    hi, names matthew, im 15, i think the youngest here. like to skate. make movies with my mates. im in year 9 at school, leaving school aftre year 10. i dont have a job yet but will likely be getting one soon. live in the inner western suburbs. i like heavy metal music. thats about it.

19. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Woah, a local. Im from Castle Hill!

20. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    I'm a Duralian! Also known as Dural. About 1 min away from Galston, about 15 mins away from Castle Hill, and 40 mins from the city. This is the life!
    xx
    ~h~

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    and u work in Nthn Sydney?
    Thats a bit of a trek...

22. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    man id love to live 40 mins from the city/ work. thats not a trek its a pleasant stroll.

23. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    u should move into Sydney dude.

24. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    aye i should but that means lots of expenses and less money for junk and stuff.
    im in the middle of saving for either a nice long holiday or moving out i cant really decide. if i get permanent work, atm my contract is short term i'll most likely move closer but i still need to be close to beach :p

25. Foxi

Foxi Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    My name is Sara and I'm dating Hank Scorpio from The Simpsons.

Also, I like cows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.