main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Here

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Jedimarine, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Greetings,

I gotta tell ya I am uber pleased AA got a fanforce. I went to school here for 5 years and have recently to the area. Somebody give me the lowdown...

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    The lowdown:
    We meet once a month to talk Star Wars (usually about the movies, the books, occasionally costuming and gaming). We have already met for this month, so our next meeting will be next month some time(we usually meet the second Sunday at 7:30[ish], but that can change from month to month).
    Besides that, we are a pretty inactive group compared to the other fan groups I am involved in.

That's about it...
    Welcome to the boards!

-Piett

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Welcome,jedimarine! :)

'Besides that, we are a pretty inactive group compared to the other fan groups I am involved in.'

If anyone within(or outside of)the Ann Arbor Fan Force would like to make suggestions for possible group events,they may do so either at a monthly meeting or here on the boards at any time.Dynamics will vary from group to group and while some are content to simply attend a meeting once a month or to post to the boards on occasion,others may feel the need to do more.

Personally,I enjoy the way things work with our group.Granted,we may not do a lot outside of our monthly meetings,but I get a lot out of the meetings and the discussions that we have.With my schedule,that's about as much as I am able to do.I like it that I don't feel any kind of pressure to be more involved than I want to be and I certainly don't feel like I'm being chastised if and when I choose not to be.

To each his own,I guess. :)

4. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    That actually is the great thing about A2-F2 meetings:
    We actually talk about Star Wars stuff. We talk about thories about the movies, the back story in books and so forth. It gives greater depth and understanding of Star Wars.

5. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Something I like about are group is that the whole group doesn't have to be talking about the same thing. We have had meeting that everyone has been involved in the same topic(s) or at time to seperate conversations can occur. It's really nice because no one gets upset about it :)

6. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    I like that we bring things to share such as books, pictures (one of these days I will have my pics with me [face_blush]), toys, all the great discoveries we've found. I like hearing about when people have heard or seen references about Star Wars in TV shows, books, comics, etc.

I love how our group works. It can be a bit of a drive for some of us but it's totally worth it, I think.

I like talking about what costumes people want to do, will do, or are working on whether it's Star Wars related or not.

7. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm new to the michigander sect. update me please.
    --swimmerman91

8. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Welcome newcomers. I think that most of what we do has been covered. I'll be posting the next meeting info shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.