main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mathandal, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathandal

Mathandal Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2006
    Hi, I am new here to JCF but am not new to forums. I looked over a lot of the newbie stuff, though most of it was locked, and seem to get the feel of the site. I could not find anywhere to really introduce myself, so I decided to create a new topic to introduce myself.

First off I would like to give the specs of myself. My IC name is Mathandal, but my real name is Aaron. You can call me by either, though Mathandal would probably be best so I know who you are talking to. I am a sophmore in highschool, and am sixteen years old. I first got into Star Wars by watching Episode I in theaters with my mom's friend. After I watched the first one I was in love with Star Wars, eventually disbanding my Pokemon card money to buy Star Wars stuff. From then until now I have been an avid Star Wars fan, owning all the movies on VHS and DVD (minus Eps. III on VHS). I am a member of many other forums, just recently coming to this one to get a feel for a lot larger boards and to possibly recruit new members to my site.

Kate edit

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome to the board, Mathandal. I edited out the information to your website as the Welcome New Users forum isn't to be used for advertising. I'm going to keep this thread open as your introduction here. You've already put a link in your signature and you may also post in the Fan Sites forum letting people know of your website. Thanks.

3. Mathandal

Mathandal Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2006
    I am sorry that I did that. I did not know that I was not supposed to do that. My appologies!

4. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    No worries at all. I see you already posted in Fan Sites - and even read the Index on how to post there. Good job! Welcome and enjoy yourself! :)

5. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    Welcome Mathandal! Why not choose from one of our many awesome icons, and get yourself an image to go with your username.

6. Kiki_Firestar

Kiki_Firestar Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2006
    [face_dancing] Whoo, icons!

Glad to see there's another newbie!

Welcome, and may the Force be with you!

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Mathandal! :)

It's good to see you being active. Have you found some good places already? If not, I suggest to visit your local FanForce (great place to meet other fans of your area), or to stay a bit in WNU and join us in our various threads. :)

It's good that you read all the newbie-information threads. If you want to get one unlocked, just send a mod (colored person) a PM and they'll unlock it for you. :)

Have a good time and don't hesitate to ask us, if you need anything. :)

8. Mathandal

Mathandal Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2006
    Thank you for the welcome everyone. It makes me feel right at home. I will look into getting one of these icons right now, something to go with my character.

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Good luck in finding an icon you really like. :)

(And if you don't know where to look for an icon, just ask, ok? :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.