main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi New here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by SageOfRage, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SageOfRage

SageOfRage Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2016
    Hello everyone. hope this is appropriate place. I'm new to the website. I am an original trilogy fan. I saw the first StarWars in 1977. So I am an old sage lol. Hope I can find fun discussion here. Just saw The Force awakens a few weeks ago and it reinvigorated my love for the Star Wars films. Looking forward to talking. Thanks :cool:

[​IMG]

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hi! I've been a fan since seeing the first one way back when it opened. :) You'll find fans of all ages here, it's a wonderful community.

Have you ever read any of the EU novels or comics?

SageOfRage likes this.
  3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome SageOfRage! :)

Yep, this the right place for saying "hi". :D

Have you found interesting places already? If not, let us know, we'll lead you the way, if you tell us a bit about your interests or what you are looking for. :)

Btw, posting big pictures can cause trouble for a few user, because they are still surfing on a low connections. So keeping this in mind and that imagines as a manual signatures are frowned uppon, would be great! :)

Enjoy your saty! :)

4. SageOfRage

Apr 4, 2016
    I still have the Marvel comics from when I was a kid. theyre in rugged shape though
    . i recently bought the novel, KENOBI, from barnes and noble. Havent gotten around to read it just yet, looks promising. Thank
    you for the welcome

5. SageOfRage

Apr 4, 2016
    Sorry about the big picture. i've found many places that intrigue me. This site looks fun, wish i found it earlier. Thank you for the welcome

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    No problem! :)

Just let me add two more advices:

1. If you reply to one who posted at the same page as your answer will be, there's no need to quote in most cases. If you like to create a notification for the person you reply to, then tag that person by adding @ infront of the username (like SageOfRage). That creates a notifications as well and it helps to keep threads readable - especially for persons who use small screens like smartphones.

2. If you forgot something in your post, please, use the edit function. Double posts can be considered as spam at a certain point of time.

In case you need to quote two persons, simply hit reply of the posts you want to answer to. This will list the needed quotes within one post. Then reduce the quotes to the parts that are needed. That helps to keep the readability up as well. :)

So many hints... Don't worry. This is WNU and we like to help to give you a good start, which needs to give information that are needed. :) So, have fun! :D

7. SageOfRage

Apr 4, 2016
    Skiara ok thank you. I think I am getting the hang of things. Appreciate the warm welcome :D

Skiara likes this.
  8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You are welcome! :D I'm sure you'll be an midbie sooner than later. ;) :D

9. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome to the forums!
    I'm sure you've found the Classic Trilogy Forum by now!
    I'm not busy on that as much but I may see you around if you check out the EU forums as well as
    fanclubs and the Jedi and Sith factions!