main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New here

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Sparticus, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii everybody!! Aw man, I have been going about this all wrong - I should have come here in the first place!! *smacks self on forehead* Doh! Anyway...

Whoohoo!! More Star Wars Junkies in Fresno! I was starting to get worried, most of my SW friends live on the east coast and Canada!! This is sooo cool! Okay, two questions to for you guys. 1. Does anybody here live in Shaver Lake *waves from top of mountain and sneers at lowly flatlanders (lol!)* 2. Does anybody here go to Sierra Charter School?
    I am totaly hyper today :)

2. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi-

Welcome to Fresno's Fan Force ;] And no, I'm not from Shaver.

Robyn

3. glh3586

glh3586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2000
    Aloha,

I have a friend that has a cabin up at shaver...

4. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    welcome to the boards! sorry, but i dont live in shaver

5. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    its always good to see new people in here, for the longest time me and valens were the only ones who posted...

6. Bender

Bender Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 1999
    I'll use this thread to say hello too, I don't excatly live in Fresno, but I go to Fresno State, so yea, that's that

7. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi Bender-

Welcome to Fresno's Fan Force!

Robyn

8. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Weeeeeeeeee!!! :)

9. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Hi! I live in Clovis, does that count? I used to go to Shaver alot.

10. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Key up Palpatines theme music.... Now that the music is in your heads, Welcome, Jirin and I are from Merced, but like Bender I am a Bulldog, class of 99'!!! FSU for life!!! Whooo whooooo!!!

11. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    As DSGeorge stated, we Mercedians have adopted ourselves into the Fresno Chapter here.....although a chapter doesn't technically exist. ?[face_plain]

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    not yet anyway...

13. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Does that mean that you will be setting up a Merced chapter? or was that you just to scare every one?

14. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    well merced is quite a bit away from us fresnans... i'd really like to get the ball rolling on starting a fan force here... i could come up with some cool banners and icons and such... should be fun.

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I guess I'll finally formally introduce meself.
    T_W_D here. Post mainly in the movie forums. Won't give away my exact location over the boards cause I'm just like that :p
    But I'm within an hour of Fresno about. It's good to see others on this board that are so close by :)
    My ex's brother goes to Fresno State I believe. His name's Brian, red head, kinda short and stocky. . .

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Does that mean that you will be setting up a Merced chapter? or was that you just to scare every one?

DarksiderGeorge and I have been contemplating this very subject recently. I agree 100% with Jedi-Finney, that Fresno is a bit far from Merced for members to be travelling back and forth on a regular basis. I'm not very willing to drive 60+mi on a weekly, or even monthly basis for meetings, unfortunately. My work and life schedule don't allow for it, sadly. I'd be willing to go down there possibly every 6-7 weeks, but that would be best I could do. However, with a chapter in Merced, weekly or biweekly meetings could be a very realistic possiblity. There is no doubt, DarksiderGeorge and I are hardcore SW fans, and dedicated to "La Causa". Finney, I will PM you regarding making banners, it that is cool. I'm no good with any sort of graphical/artistic progs, unfortunately. Now, another question....Would Obey-Wann be the person to contact regarding making a Merced board, or would we just share the Fresno board, even if we had our own chapter??

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ I'm actually the new RSA for California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii which comprises the new US Pacific Region of Fan Force. I haven't posted a thread to all the boards yet letting them know this as Fan Force hasn't "officially" announced the re-alignment of the Fan Clubs yet at FF.

So, does Merced want its own board or do you want to have a combination Fresno/Merced board? The only combo city board that I am aware of is the Dallas/Ft. Worth board. Let me know what you all decide. Someone should probably start a thread and take a vote on this.

18. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Even though I shouldn't have much of a say in the matter, I don't see the point in seperating one already small group into an even dinkier group. I say do the Fresno/Merced board. Cause if we do that, we might as well keep splitting it up into counties: Kings, Tulare, Orange, etc. and those groups would just be WAY small.

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm actually the new RSA for California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii which comprises the new US Pacific Region of Fan Force. I haven't posted a thread to all the boards yet letting them know this as Fan Force hasn't "officially" announced the re-alignment of the Fan Clubs yet at FF.

M_J_F, any idea of approximately when this is going to happen?? Thanks in advance.

20. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    It's all a conspiracy. We're through the looking-glass here people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.