main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA New Hope for Bay Area,

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Evil_Billaba, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Billaba

Evil_Billaba Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Hello all I aim trying to get it where there will be a bay area fanforce chapter. I believe that will gain a wide variety of fans since there are so many cities in the bay area. This will include taking out the San Francisco f and San Jose forum and combining them into one i feel this will bring more of us together since San fran and San Jose are so close and in the same area people get confused as i do as where to post since i don't live in ether of them i stay in Oakland.......if this new board is created i will make a new banner for us and me and some tohers can make a chapter represenatives for the bay area. What do you think any ideas?

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey there stranger, I hate to break it down to you but the truth of the matter is that certain clubs will want to remain independent of Fan Force and vice versa. Furthermore there are folks who do not share the same vision of a united Bay Area SW front. It's been attempted and usually ended up in a flaming pile of slag.

Your welcome to try and if by some chance you succeed that's great, but the after math would be a logistical nightmare. SF Fan Force has come a long way and has worked hard to develope a working structure and representation. The fact is each City that has a Fan Force actually likes there independence, but in the end Fan Force chapters are behind TFN's banner in which we also unite under for bigger events with other cities. As for SJ and East Bay, which are not Fan Force affliated, they also like their independence, and as far as we know they prefer it that way too. SF Fan Force has no problems with them and hopefully they have no probs with us. I think the variety gives people a choice as to what kind of club they wish to belong to and also gives them multiple locations to meet according to their region. A Bay Area FF would be huge but impractical.

3. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I agree with the "impractical" part. The groups in the bay area have worked really hard to just form their own groups but we are discussing having bay area events for all star wars fans. We will keep you posted on the matter. Thank you for your suggestions! :) MTFBWY!

4. Evil_Billaba

Evil_Billaba Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    how do i get a east bay club started then or a bay area?

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Well I know for a fact that there is no East Bay Fan Force Chapter but there is actually a new independent East Bay SW club. There use to be a South Bay Fan Force but they got inactive on the TFN boards and were taken down, but there is still an active South Bay SW Club as well.

You'll have to talk to one of our West Coast RSAs either Linda (Mara Jade Fan) or Shawn (SRB Jedi Knight) and they will help you through the process to start a new Fan Force Chapter for your city or region in question. They will set up a board for your area in question and explain the whole process for being official. However, as we have stated, an entire Bay Area Fan Force is impractical, but a section of the Bay like East Bay, North Bay, South Bay is more likely.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Although a Bay Area Fan Force would be ideal, unfortunately it does seem to be something unreachable. However, I would like there to be harmony and peace among all the clubs here, as well as many happy events between them as well.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think the peace and harmony part is totally possible. Let's just call the Celebrations our tri-annual meeting of the world wide Star Wars club.

8. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    To start up a FF you need at least 3 members to start up boards for you guys....all 3 members need to be registered & u have to do what Jedi_Tenken says & contact one of the CSRs. To become official you need to have 3 meetings. Thats it...HAve fun & let us know how things go.

9. Sithlawstudent

Sithlawstudent Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    Greetings San Francisco Fan Force Alliance. My name is George, most of you already know me. I just wanted to post to say hello, and hope we can have good fan relations in the future. Between being a Star Wars fanatic and a full time student, and administering a very popular and busy web site, I am also planning a wedding so I am very busy. I however will post and participate as much as my budget and time permits.

10. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks for adding your two credits....we havent decided on an official name yet...but soon.....nice site repping the east bay...very star wars...lol

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey ya George,
    Looks like things are going well for everyone and your guys are off to a good start. Excellent... ;)

12. Sithlawstudent

Sithlawstudent Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    yeah we are doing far better than I expected can't wait to coordinate some fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.