main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New idea for a movie.

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, for those of you who have been following the discussions about a possible Welsh fan-force made Star Wars fan-film, this may interest you.
    I have just finished the 1st draft of my idea for a movie (it hasn?t got a name yet). It centres on the big battle between Anankin and Obi-Wan at the end of episode 3. I think its pretty good for a first draft, it answered a fair amount of questions that needed to be answered, such as how did Anakin survive falling into the volcano and how did Obi-Wan get Anakin?s lightsaber. It?s not perfect by any means yet, there are several bits that I?m unhappy with, but I?m sure that these little problems can be ironed out.
    So if anyone is interested in reading my script then please send me an e-mail and I will be happy to send one out to you. It?s about 4 pages long so I don?t think I could post it here.
    Hope to hear from you all soon.

2. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm too lazy to E-mail ya, but could you please send a copy to RySimpson@hotmail.com
    :)

3. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Ah - I see you're one step head....just noticed there's already a copy in my inbox!

It sounds good, but there are some things I don't agree with :)

1. Yoda - if we include Yoda in the story the best we could do is an action figure...that's not gonna look good on film.

2. The Jedi Starfighter - same deal. It's use is not essential.

3. Vader didn't know he had twins - they should be born after this battle, I feel.

4. Vader should be tempted to Palpatine's side - not forced (no pun intended,) I feel.

It'd be a lot easier if we could go over the script together sometime - if it looks like the project is taking shape a group of those of us involved should meet at a Library or somewhere to discuss the script.

4. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Hope you don't mind me posting my idea in your thread - we would be working together, after all :)

Two apprentices (perhaps brothers) being trained in secret on a remote world by a Master in exile.

As the skills of one starts to surpass the other's the other gets jealous...angry....he turns to the Dark Side and kills his master, accusing him of favouritism.

The two apprentices then fight - the light sider winning out....but at a cost. Their use of the force means one of them sense a disturbance in the force - they know it to be Lord Vader.

For the last scene they stand together again - resolute-
    "There is no man who can face us both...together. I have a good feeling about this."

Cue simple shot of Vader's TIE (I have the model - would be easy to shoot against starfield) and end movie....we know how this ends ;)

We have the software to brilliantly render sabres and force lightening, etc...The film'd only need 3 actors, one location, 1 space shot...I like it :)

5. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Potential additional scene-

Lightsabre training (CDs thrown from off-shot at an actor with metal pole rendered to be a sabre - have done before, looks impressive!)

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I take your point on the Yoda thing. He's not essential to the real story of Anakin and Obi-Wan, I just thought it was a nice idea to have him settling down on his swamp planet, a broken man (or muppet, as the case may be).
    Same goes for the Jedi Star Fighter, it was more or less an exstension of the Yoda scene, so if that goes then it would be pretty easy to get ride of the Jedi ship also.
    You raised the point of Vader not knowing that he had twins. In my script Anakin makes no mention of any children he may of had, implying that he knows nothing of their birth, due to Padme being taken away from him before he knew she was pregnant. So I don't really see this as a problem. Also, the twins were only mentioned in the Yoda/Obi-Wan scene, so if that gets cut then the twin story line more or less sorts it's self out.
    However one thing I have to dissagree with you is the Palpatine scene where he Forces Anakin into the Volcano, for me this was a very important scene that will ultimatly strengthen his control over Anakin, one last purge of the Jedi order as it were. He thinks that if he can destroy Anakin in body and mind, then what will be left is his to mould into what will become Darth Vader. So while some people may have liked to have seen Obi-Wan sending him into the Volcano I feel this makes the realationship between Palpatine and Vader much more interesting. Even drawing parallels with the scene where Vader throws the Emperor into the pit in ROTJ.
    What i'm more unhappy about with the script is how Obi-Wan survies the battle and detection by Palpatine. Any ideas on that one?

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I would like the script for your story if you have one. It will give me a better idea of the type of story that you have planned. My e-mail address is WG_Mullins@hotmail.com
    Hope to read it soon.

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't have a script yet - I'd flesh that out later...

I see your point with the Palpatine thing - but he's been so devious throughout the movie, planting seeds in Anakin's mind by "guiding" him - I really don't see him being so blatant.
    If he forced Obi-Wan to do it he'd have strengthened Anakin's hatred of the lightside while making him dependant on him.

Does Tarkin not say "he must be dead by now?" when referring to Kenobi? Perhaps this means the Empire thought him old and inconsequential - or Vader was reluctant to hunt his old master? Maybe even hiding knowledge of his existance from Palpatine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.