main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Idea on Destruction of Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ben_Max, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    This is something that I thought a bit about. Not a whole lot, so I wouldn't lay down my life for this.

Maybe Darth Vader destroying the Jedi was like a form of evolution. But dropping the number of Jedi wasn't them weakening, but getting stronger.

Pardon the metaphor, but I think it helps show my point. Let's say you're in an enclosed room with a fly swatter and there are hundreds of flies for you to kill. For a while, it's really easy to kill them because there's so many of them. As the numbers drop, the harder it gets to kill one. Because almost all of the ones that are left are the fastest fliers. The best of the best.

Maybe in a way, dropping in numbers allowed for the Jedi to survive. Like I said, this is just something that I was kicking around in my mind a bit. Let me know if you think this idea has any warrant. (Is that the right word to use?)

2. Jedi Novaga Sage

Jedi Novaga Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    I may not agree with ur analogy..are you talknig bout the Order now??? As it was during the EMpire or during the NJO?

3. Ben_Max

Nov 22, 2001
    Oh, I guess during the new book this could go either way...

I was actually talking about the old Jedi, but I suppose this could also go for the new Jedi.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    The word "warrant" is similar in meaning to the words "authorization", "permission", and so forth. Thus, I do not believe it was the appropriate word to use.
    Perhaps you have been better off with "significance"? "Value"? "Worth"?

Anyway, I fail to see the point you are trying to convey. Perhaps the falt is on my part, however. I need to go study...and, what do you know? Looks like enough portions of my mind are finally arguing against procrastinating.

I'll be back later. ;)

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well the Jedi certainly will get stronger under Luke's guidence yes but I'm not exactly happy about the 10,000 folk such as Mace Windu and the Dark Woman having to die in the end either

6. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Yes, those most skilled at surviving would probably survive longest...but...what's your point? For the most part, the Jedi died. A few didn't die, but went into hiding or such. This didn't make them stronger. This wiped them out. The New Jedi are not the strong remnants of the Old Jedi. They are...the New Jedi.

7. Ben_Max

Nov 22, 2001
    With the old Jedi, some of them were trained by better Jedi and teachers than others. Because of this, maybe some of them didn't reach their full potential.

The new Jedi were trained by Luke, who was trained by Obi-Wan and Yoda. Two of the most powerful Jedi ever. So I think that they are connected to the old Jedi. The most powerful of them. It's true that they didn't have as much knowledge at their disposal as the old Jedi, because Luke had to go through "cliff-note" version Jedi training. But he and the rest of the Jedi know what needed to be learned.

So I don't think that they're weaker. I think it goes back to that old saying, "Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.