main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA New IEFF Logo Ideas

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Soooo....we've talked about it, and now that I've got plentiful time on my hands, I've taken a first crack at it. Here's what I did this afternoon:

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/IEFF-1.jpg]

Feedback?

2. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Horizon line added. :rolleyes: <--------Kari, that's for YOU!

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/IEFF2.jpg]

If you've got any ideas for me throw 'em out there.

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Needs some dark side in it! Other than that, looks great!

Dont forget to put the Lucasfilm stuff on it for copyright reasons.

4. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Yes, more dark side it needs, mhm, yes.
    Anyway, how about doing together the same basic layout only with a sand trooper or two, with one on a dewback? It is the Inland Empire, after all.

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Kris, you're talented. I'd like to see you come up with a design, too!

6. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    We'll see. I really like Sonya's idea, though.

7. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    We're talking about replacing the two lightsabers logo?

I like the one with the horizontal line better.

Maybe we could put Mara in the image somewhere....

I'd try my hand at making something, but I have no clue how to do it, or even what program(s) to use

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    As much as I love Mara Jade's character, I think we should stay away from EU characters. Not enough people read the books for them to be readily recognized.

9. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    Mind you, this is just a quick idea that jumped into my mind when I saw Sonya's. It's just a suggestion, and I know that it could probably be better.
    I also have another idea. I'll work on that later today or tomorrow.
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/kuwdows/Untitled-2.png]
    EDIT: Here's an idea for a little logo.
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/kuwdows/Untitled-3.png]

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I like them, how about combining them both.

Have Sonya's logo and incorporate Kris' two stormtroopers standing watching look on the horizon. That would look crazy awesome! It's like the Empire is always watching you!

11. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    I realized that we should put a Joshua tree in it somewhere.

12. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I just barely read your post, Stuart. I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, I did this one. It took me forever!

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/IEFFlineupcopy.jpg]

13. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    That one is awesome Sonya. It would look great on shirts and sweaters and stickers!!!!!!!
    Would it be possible once the new logo has been chosen to do a run of bumper stickers??? I'd chip in money for that. :D

Yours is awesome too, Kris!

14. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I likey! Maybe we could use the font (whatever it is) that was used in Star Wars movies when it starts. Also...what about maybe putting the empire + rebel symbols side to side behind the peeps here to where you don't have to see the whole symbols as the peeps cover them but you can tell what they are. Kinda like what we have on the back of our shirts now.

If this doesn't fit into your vision, go ahead and just shoot down my input and i'll go crawl into a hole somewhere. [face_laugh]

I think this looks very cool indeed as it is too. :)

15. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I like all the ideas. Just a thought for your new one Sonya...how about Obi-wan at the end of the right side with a lightsaber up to make it a little more symmetrical and to get him in there too. Just my 2 cents...it looks great the way it is too!! You're so talented!! Just another thought...I like all of your ideas, Kris' too...we could always have 1 official logo for us and have multiple shirts that we could wear with the various ideas you've all come up with.

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Just a thought for you guys. Depends on who you go to get stuff printed, some companies give you hassle if you use SW characters. Though I can't wait to see what you come up with!

17. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Sonya-maybe if it's not too much trouble you could try to add Obi Wan or Yoda on Vader's left that way the number are even.

Would it be possible to do a half and half rebel/imperial sumbol behind them? Would that look too weird? Or Mike's suggestion is good. Or even no symbols is good too.

It's pretty awesome in its simplicity. It's like us...low key. [face_laugh]

18. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Sonya. Awesome graphic for a shirt. I like Mike's idea of using the font from the movies title. Do you do all these custom graphics? That would look cool across the back of a sweater without any color, just outlined like you have it.

19. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Nicole, I was thinking of adding another good guy to the left, so they would be balanced. But then I thought about how I'd have to shift everyone and I got lazy. I-) Everyone's on separate layers so it takes a bit of effort to get everyone rearranged. But I'll do it and see about adding the imp and rebel insignias. Thanks guys for the compliments! My struggle was not in vain!

Oh, I'll try and see if there's any font that sort of matches the one at the beginning of the movie. Are you guys talking about the scrolling yellow text? I just have the fonts that come with photoshop.

20. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    I was talking about the font of the words star wars, where the "r" and "s" are connected. I hope that is what Mike was thinking of. I had it downloaded on my computer before, but that was a couple of years ago. I will send you the font as soon as I find it again. If you use photoshop, I have a bunch of plug-ins availabe for doing 3-d, shading and stuff like that as well as alot of tutorials on working with photoshop. Maybe that will make up for dogging out the "Hotness"

21. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Here is the font made by Davide Canavero that I have used before: Font Info Download
    It can be confusing as far as adding fonts to your windows font library, so if the instructions are hard to understand, message me and I will walk you thru as best as I can for adding them to your font library.

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    We have our ways. [face_devil]

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sonya, I think it looks amazing!

24. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Sonya, I sent you a couple of PMs on installing fonts.

25. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    My internet is sucking right now so I can't see the newest design. I'm sure it looks good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.