New iMac !!!!!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://images.apple.com/imac/images/indextop20040831.jpg]
    Thats it! Its all in the monitor! And if you get Airport (Wifi) and a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse the only wire will be the power cord!
    Starting @ $1300 its AWSOME! I'm getting one! As soon as I can.
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I think I may have to give Apple props...
  3. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    i've been an apple fan for a LOOOOOONG time...

i still have to say holy bejeeezus

-b-
  4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Sorry, I don't trust anything that doesn't have a tower and claims to run just fine. I need power in my computer rigs.
  5. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    well, will... expanding upon that logic... ENIACS would be good for you... of course, todays pocket calculators have more power than that roomfull of electronics...

and i guess you'll never get a laptop...

or is a laptop ok, because it's a different purpose? ah sweet, ok... the iMac is not for a power user, it's for the consumer. the power user gets the G5 tower.

now considering the iMac's user base and purpose, this is a phenomenal machine. i can't wait to see one. i, for one, would not buy one as my primary machine. however, that's because i side with will's user base. i need power and expandability. the new iMac will not provide that easily, but it's an incredible package for the money and the consumer to pro-sumer user base.

so don't disregard the machine just because it's not something you would buy, or it doesn't fit your mold. come into openminded, and think about what this type of innovation means to computing.

-b-
  6. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!

:: faints ::
  7. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    ROFLMAO!!! All they did was take the monitor of the iBook, placed all the drives and G5 processors and put it in the monitor, and detached the key board! IT'S JUST A G5 LAPTOP THAT THEY ARE SELLING AS A "DESKTOP" COMPUTER!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! God their smart!
  8. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    You know whats scary? Your more right than you know. Except it was a 17" Powerbook. Not an iBook. And that it weighs 15 lbs!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.