main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO New in town...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by The_Mosh, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mosh

The_Mosh Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2004
    Well kinda new... spent most of my life in the Denver area and just recently moved here to the Springs. I have a couple questions

1.) Where are the comic/collectables stores? I've only ran across the one store in the Citidel Mall...surely there are more? :)

2.) Are there any good pool halls? Looking for a nice clean place...one I wouldnt be afraid to take my kids to. :)

Thanks in advance gang!

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I know of a comic store up in Palmer Park Plaza which is at Powers and Palmer Park...but I dunno 'bout the pool halls. And I don't even know if that's a good comic shop or not.

sorry, wish I could be of more help.

oh, and welcome to the SCFF, take off your coat and stay awhile ;)

3. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    There's a great comic book store in downtown on Bijou, west of Tejon. Another place is Lucky Neko's (for anime) that I like to get my collectables from. You'll have to look up the addy in the phone book though.

Welcome to town!

Kev

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Welcome Mosh!!! im from pueblo, so i don't know much about the springs stuff. glad your here though.

5. The_Mosh

The_Mosh Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2004
    Thanks for ideas and welcomes everyone!

How about good shops in Pueblo? The drive to Pueblo is alot easier then the drive to Denver. Spending an hour to drive 10 miles up I-25 makes me kinda homicidal...LOL

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I know of one comic shop here in pueblo. it doenst have much in the way of star wars stuff though. it has lots of other comics though. ther is a nother store but its not a comic. its more of a gamers shop. it has lots of cards and those little click things.

as far as pool halls, nope. I have heard of one place, but its 21+.I dont knwo if its even around anymore. which sucks cause i like to play but don't have anywhere to go.

7. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    umm...the two mentioned above are both in the springs...not denver

8. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    welcome, to the SCFF. the comic store on powers and palmerpark is pretty good, its kinda cramped in there though, prolly a serious fire hazard with all the paper and stuff, but thats where i used to go to get magic cards when i was into that kinda thing. im not sure, but i think their might be a pool place over there too, it might be bowling though.

9. The_Mosh

The_Mosh Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2004
    We went and checked out that place tonight...your right about being cramped LOL

The reason I mentioned Denver is because thats where we currently drive for collectible goodness (our favorite store being Mile Hi Comics).

Thanks for the suggestions gang!

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    oohhhh, ok, gotcha ;)

11. EquinnoxRowi

EquinnoxRowi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2004
    We did find a pool hall last night on Academy near the Citadel Mall called Corner Pocket, but haven't checked it out yet.

Oh, btw, HI!! Im Equinnox, Mosh's "woman" as he likes to refer to me :p

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    hi ER! glad you guys are here.

13. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    ello. two more people, that pretty cool.

14. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    How Goes It??

Welcome, one more from Pueblo, There is a indoor flea market that is open Wed thru Sat. that has a comic family that can pretty much get you almost anything you want. There is a pool hall but it is 21 and up. Its called the Side Pocket. Once again welcome and hope to see you at one of our get togethers. Later days....

15. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Welcome to the Springs!

Hightower Collectables at Woodman and Academy might be a place to check out. Never been in there.

Sticks and Rack n' Tap are two places that pop to mind for pool halls. Don't know if they are 21+ or not. We've been to the Yukon Tavern a few times with our kids and they didn't mind at all. Food is buy one get one free on monday nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.